Wiki Posts
Search

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If they come in at anywhere even close to 1/2 the price soales will blast off the charts. I know I will be looking for a few. Tired of paying off the chart pricing for the AMB personal.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If they are under $70US each, I'll sell my two AMB PTs and buy two of these.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

1/2 Price + $45.00...!

Send me 3.. please!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys,

I could be wrong, BUT if we have them available from another source...that would most likely mean THAT source is going to BUY them and STOCK them...like an INvENTORY? Do you think the price will stay LOW if this is done?

Sadly, the AMB units have such a LOW markup price....MOST stores don't want to carry them that I've talked to...it's NOT worth their time and/or investment.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adamge
Gym, just pass the transponder over the line to discover what number it is on.
Isn't that numbers shown on the counting system's tv monitor are the same numbers printed on our AMB PT ? Are you talking number on AMB PT or something else ?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Isn't that numbers shown on the counting system's tv monitor are the same numbers printed on our AMB PT ? Are you talking number on AMB PT or something else ?
was asking about the MRT PT #. becasue there are 10numbers, they can't be written on the PT, for obvios reasons
Old 05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

is the reason for sending our 'ponder in so you can clone it is you need to "scan" it or just to make sure the number we tell you is the real one that we have ? main reason i ask is, you are in the uk, and alot of us are in the states.

when you clone one, is our number added to the 10 numbers already programed, or is it just gonna be that one number ?

brian o'
Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briano_72
is the reason for sending our 'ponder in so you can clone it is you need to "scan" it or just to make sure the number we tell you is the real one that we have ? main reason i ask is, you are in the uk, and alot of us are in the states.

when you clone one, is our number added to the 10 numbers already programed, or is it just gonna be that one number ?
Hi briano_72, if you want your number cloned into a PTX you would need to send your original PT to us in the UK. We would 'scan' the number and it's added to the original 10 numbers to make a Custom PTX.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im in the market for a pt, im curious can mrt sell me to pt with the same number? just that way i only have to remember one number.
also am i reading this right, these new pt's have 10 different numbers available in case some one at the meet has the same number?
cheers looks like a killer product hope it breaks ambs strangle hold
Old 06-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Terry,

I definately want to get hold of one of these as soon as they are released. Should I send you my PT to be cloned now, so that part of the process is already done on release or am I better to wait.

Also are you still making the I-Pt and is there any advantage to having this one over the new "stealth"

Many thanks
Andy
Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow this new product looks great! ....I have 4 of your IPT's and love them. I do see a couple of "issues", not with the PTX per-se but with the use of; wondering if you had though about them and had some kind of solution:

1) Say these little dudes catch on and everyone at your track get's one of these, at a race, there is a possibiliity that you end up with more than 1 guy with the same transponder number in a heat (let's say 3 guys do), I know that guy #2 and guy #3 can change his number, but who is gonna be the guy #2 and guy #3 to change transponsders? How easy is it to change the transponder number? I can tell you that no one is going to realize there are dup transponders till heat #1 when racers go to check in at the line.

2) Again, say everyone picks up these little dudes. At most of my local tracks they are using rc scoring pro, and during practice we have rc scoring pro running in "practice announcing mode". Multiple people's practice times will potentially be announced at the same time as the same transponder number goes accross the line.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

1) It should go by position. Say your three guys are lined up (by the software) as 2, 3, and 7. 3 and 7 would have to change there number according to position. If they don't when they go to check in it will keep showing #2 checking in. Car 3 and 7 would never check in.

2) That I see as a problem. You might want to look into a "clip" board (like for freq's) with #1-0. At least it wont cause an accident.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I will pass on this type of product--sounds like another issue that will leave us standing around waiting for a race to start, as a guy changes his number that is in conflict after we all check-in and then wait again as he changes his number, which now conflicts to yet another racers number.............................I also bet the race directors will love this product and all of the BS that will go with it. I dont like $95 for a Amb but I bought them so I didnt have to deal with having a loaner, grabing the wrong color looking for the transponder that other racer still has in his car..........now we will always be dealing with straighting out number conflicts.

I know rip me now.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tire Chunker
I will pass on this type of product--sounds like another issue that will leave us standing around waiting for a race to start, as a guy changes his number that is in conflict after we all check-in and then wait again as he changes his number, which now conflicts to yet another racers number.............................I also bet the race directors will love this product and all of the BS that will go with it. I dont like $95 for a Amb but I bought them so I didnt have to deal with having a loaner, grabing the wrong color looking for the transponder that other racer still has in his car..........now we will always be dealing with straighting out number conflicts.

I know rip me now.
As a race director I find that happens all too often with drivers that multiple AMB's and come to the track with a different car transponder# for each heat.
I miss the days of house transponders as a race director.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

when will this be available? i have a dead transponder that id like to get cloned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.