Wiki Posts
Search

FAST RC WORLDS??????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile WOW So much hostility!

To answer a few of the questions and statements brought up:
Rainman: three mags, three ads, in three months....for the next race, Advised Losi is in Tampa end of Jan. Do you have updated intel?

Bill: What can I say that I have not already clearly stated in the past.

"do some more homework and find a date and place that is original...than they will come! like I said money is not a huge motivator in the r/c world right now. the pro's get paid now to race...the non pro's can't beat the pro's so they won't win any money....keep the costs down and the fun level way up.... peace bill"

Original for who the drivers or the next generation of drivers? Bill, this is it! Orlando is the Mecca of new talent...damm the faces at the parks change daily, 40 million of them in a year...EXPOSURE is what RC's need. You look at a big race like the Birds, Cleveland and Vegas I see them as showcases for drivers and teams only. Teams and manufacturers want the Pics in the Mags and wins on their sites. I get that but WHO see's that..other already committed drivers. This is it Bill the entertainment Capitol of the World. I told you all this on this board must we rehash it? Here it is in a nut shell. I see what this Sport can be...you want it to remain the same. I want to see it grow as other sports have. I am not sure what you want to happen. The Sportsmen don't compete with the big guys for $$$$ they are in their own division. Money is not a hugh motivation?????? Why do you think that is? BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES IT OUT! Run 5 races that give out over 50 to a 100k each and you will see the motivation. Split it up so Team and Factory drivers don't compete with sportsman...kinda like major league and minor league teams..and it will explode. Keep the cost down and the fun up...ok that’s called club racing is it not? We are looking to go beyond that. Clubs are the backbone of it all, the genesis so to speak. What we want is to grow them. Our plan does not please you I get that but can I get yours? How do you propose to get 400 to 700 spectators to get a controller in their hands? I have been to Vegas and several Snowbirds never saw a group of potential new drivers test the waters. You? Here is the final Jeopardy Question Bill. Can't all three happen or is the Universe and Rc'ers against Cash - Large non racing crowds - and Great Drivers in good numbers having a great series of races? Will the planet explode? We don’t believe so. Finally Bill did we send you a check back for your registration? You didn't have to fly the 60 miles did you. I just hope Coke or Pepsi never reads this board.

Jimbo ahh what can I say OUTDOOR CARPET in front of large crowds...Technology my good man, technology is changing everything. Research new materials to build on...it is costly but if they are the Sponsor then life is good and the flooring is free.

I am sure the blast will follow this post but we will carry on.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fear is the biggest motivator but money is second

I could only hope the grand ideas payoff but you definately make great points

1. Highly visible venue.

2. decent payouts

Wow what a concept we might actually become a legitimate sport.

P.S I would love a class for a person without any company representation that could win money. As a matter of fact it might make people who get 20 dollars worth of savings that call themselves sponsored to drop the act and run the non sponsored class for the payoff. If I had a dollar for every sponsored guy I beat I would'nt need money races.

I am highly motivated by money and would love to go to a race where it may cost me the 1000 to run it but maybe I could win it back.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TECH CONTROL
Here is the final Jeopardy Question Bill. Can't all three happen or is the Universe and Rc'ers against Cash - Large non racing crowds - and Great Drivers in good numbers having a great series of races? Will the planet explode? We don’t believe so.
Actually in Jeopardy they give an answer and you answer with a question
Old 09-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's funny in this hobby/sport how some races become HUGE, and others try and can't get off the ground.

Seems to me part of it is hard work, but a bigger part is KNOWING support people, and calling in favors.

Mike Boylan has one of the Best reputations in the RCWorld, as does Scotty Ernst.

I don't know much about Scotty, but I've heard some pretty awesome things about him. With Boylan, he's a great promoter, he's got a great product, etc.

I know when the snowbirds date was moved to February, several people were upset because it stepped on the WINTERBLAST that K&N in Conneticuit held. The birds won that battle in a big way. (Florida in February.. Conneticuit in February...Hmmmm one of them places is COLD~)

Last years IIC, from everything I've heard was WOW. I haven't heard too much about this years yet, but I'll be talking to friends who went this weekend.

I do think it's funny how people say this event failed due to the IIC being too close, and that this race only had 50 entries. I'm sure there are more than 50 racers in Florida alone that did NOT attend the IIC that could have helped make this a bigger race... But, the FAST R/C WORLDS crew isn't "in the click" are they? If they were, their wouldn't be all the negativity about an event NOBODY has ever been to, and that has never happened.

Can you imagine if there was this much negative press about the FIRST IIC last year? With Scotty being involved, I don't think I ever read a single negative thing...
Old 09-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
It's funny in this hobby/sport how some races become HUGE, and others try and can't get off the ground.

Seems to me part of it is hard work, but a bigger part is KNOWING support people, and calling in favors.

Mike Boylan has one of the Best reputations in the RCWorld, as does Scotty Ernst.

I don't know much about Scotty, but I've heard some pretty awesome things about him. With Boylan, he's a great promoter, he's got a great product, etc.

I know when the snowbirds date was moved to February, several people were upset because it stepped on the WINTERBLAST that K&N in Conneticuit held. The birds won that battle in a big way. (Florida in February.. Conneticuit in February...Hmmmm one of them places is COLD~)

Last years IIC, from everything I've heard was WOW. I haven't heard too much about this years yet, but I'll be talking to friends who went this weekend.

I do think it's funny how people say this event failed due to the IIC being too close, and that this race only had 50 entries. I'm sure there are more than 50 racers in Florida alone that did NOT attend the IIC that could have helped make this a bigger race... But, the FAST R/C WORLDS crew isn't "in the click" are they? If they were, their wouldn't be all the negativity about an event NOBODY has ever been to, and that has never happened.

Can you imagine if there was this much negative press about the FIRST IIC last year? With Scotty being involved, I don't think I ever read a single negative thing...
but with the Snowbirds and the IIC there wasnt so much secrecy.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys I dont get why it is anyones business why this person wants to promote racing.. He is trying to do the hardest job of all. Put on an excellent race. I have read this post and I'm really blown away by how rude you guys can be to a stranger who is trying to make what we do better!

From the start of the Fast RC Worlds promotions everyone has shot him down and now that he decides not to do it for what ever reason he's the bad guy.. You people bad mouth'd him from the first moment he announced it.. O.K I understand he was a little green in our RC sub-culture but he is trying..

I just hope we can see growth as he envisions it in the future so we dont have to be running races in hidden warehouses or parking lots in the backs of buildings. So give it another shot Fast RC Worlds and maybe we will take it more serious the next time!