Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's my take on a previous post...

MUGEN
EXCELLENT performance
relatively expensive - I agree, but you get what you pay for
EXCELLENT parts availability in my area. Pretty much any REAL hobby shop carries products for Mugen
decent web site support. Its not pretty, but it works

KYOSHO
excellent performance
relatively expensive
parts availability close to non existant, but that should change with Kyosho USA
web site/support - no idea, never seen it

HPI
DECENT - GOOD performance
least expensive - again, you get what you pay for. And just because they've won 2 ROAR championships, doesn't really mean much to me. HARA is an awesome driver who'd win with even a Traxxas 4 tec! (o.k I'm going a little overboard with that one, but you get what I'm trying to say lol)
excellent parts availability - Although, I have heard others complaining about this
excellent support and web site

SERPENT
excellent performance
relatively expensive
haven't seen that great of parts support for this car, although I could be wrong
decent web site - don't know...haven't been on it.

With a Mugen, you can't go wrong. I'd recommend going to a track where people race different brands. I race against RRR's, NTC3's, Serpents, Yokomo's etc...the fastest driver at our track, uses a Mugen MTX3, which is one of the reasons I bought one. Ever since then, I haven't looked back. The MTX3 rides like its on rails. I'm sure the MTX4 will be similar.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Mugen, Serpent were the flavors of choice until Ron Atomic went Kyosho. Now it is Kyosho, Mugen, then Serpent with a sprinkle of HPI. But with the new Mugen, Kyosho cars here are starting to be posted for sale like it is no one's business.
Then, Ron Atomic is driving Mugen now?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wad
I have heard some rumors that he is switching cars but don't know and can't verify that. The only thing that I know is that he still runs Kyosho's VoneRRR and is pretty much unbeatable in the state of Texas unless he has technical issues. But, Ron Atomic can whip you with any car he chooses to drive, HPI, Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho, or whatever other car is available, because he is that damn good!!! I rate him third on my list of US touring car drivers behind Swauger (of course) and Burch, just in front of Porforio and Cyrul {all lightyears in front of me ).
Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

I have heard some rumors that he is switching cars but don't know and can't verify that. The only thing that I know is that he still runs Kyosho's VoneRRR and is pretty much unbeatable in the state of Texas unless he has technical issues. But, Ron Atomic can whip you with any car he chooses to drive, HPI, Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho, or whatever other car is available, because he is that damn good!!! I rate him third on my list of US touring car drivers behind Swauger (of course) and Burch, just in front of Porforio and Cyrul {all lightyears in front of me ).
I heard Tommy Poferrio was the fastest guy in Texas other than Ralph.

Last edited by ROBBIE C; 09-21-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wad
Nope.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:27 PM
wad
Tech Elite

What place did Ron get on the Sedan National held at Texas?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
I heard Tommy Poferrio was the fastest guy in Texas other than Ralph.
Tommy may be the fastest, but it is Ron that is winning the races here. In our Southwest Championship Series that is held here in Texas, Ron is leading the points at this time. I think he won the series last year and possibly the year before (not sure on that one). Ralph really doesn't race touring car much any more. Ron is just the most consistant behind Ralph.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
I think he finished fourth overall but I am not sure since there was a lot of controversy behind the second through tenth spots behine Cyrul.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:37 PM
wad
Tech Elite

I think he finished fourth overall but I am not sure since there was a lot of controversy behind the second through tenth spots behine Cyrul.
They still didn't clarify the results yet? Do you know if it is going to stay like that for ever, or they are working on this? I'm asking you because I understand you are from Texas. Thanks!!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Forth I don't think so............ Lets try nigth and by the way Brandon McNally would be the next fastest guy to Ralph in Texas.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wad
JOSH C .......LAPS 186
CHRIS T
PAOLO M
MIKE S
DARIN I
BRANDON M
JEFFREY L
RALPH B
RON ATOMIC......LAPS 165
BOBBY F
SCOTTY G
PAUL L
21 LAPS DOWN FROM THE LEADER.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
Forth I don't think so............ Lets try nigth and by the way Brandon McNally would be the next fastest guy to Ralph in Texas.
That might be Robbie, but his snake keeps biting him . Just think if Brandon had a MTX-3 or 4 in his hands, the endless possibilities!!! His is lightening quick, but technical issues catch up too frequently as of late.

Hey Robbie, are you going to the Paris race next month? If so, I should see you there. It would be nice to have a MTX-4 in my hands by then.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
They still didn't clarify the results yet? Do you know if it is going to stay like that for ever, or they are working on this? I'm asking you because I understand you are from Texas. Thanks!!
I think the results Robbie posted will stay as is. It is a shame that there was so much controversy because of the rain and restart.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

I think the results Robbie posted will stay as is. It is a shame that there was so much controversy because of the rain and restart.
Yeah I thaught the same thing.
But that's racing 50% skills 50% luck
Old 09-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

That might be Robbie, but his snake keeps biting him . Just think if Brandon had a MTX-3 or 4 in his hands, the endless possibilities!!! His is lightening quick, but technical issues catch up too frequently as of late.

Hey Robbie, are you going to the Paris race next month? If so, I should see you there. It would be nice to have a MTX-4 in my hands by then.
Brandon has a natural ability for racing RC cars no matter what car he drive's Brandon has also won a few major races in his past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.