Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 07:22 PM
The Evicerator

Because you asked for me by name here are my suggestions

Skuba Steve setup?

0.030" sway bars

Raise the rear suspension mounts from low to high...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

for those wanting a starting point on springs and oil with the new arms I basically ran craigx's setup with 30lb springs, 56 pistons and 50 wt in the front, and 17.5lb springs, 56 pistons and 35 wt oil in the rear and my car was pretty good today.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hey Pooky,

Don't pay any attention to 2-bad, as he has trouble with other cars on the track......like driving them off the road!!!

As he would put it "it wasn't my fault, they were in the way or taking a slow line!"
Not to mention he never sent the plane tickets for me and JRXSBill! LOL

On your car, I would either put sway bars on it or go up 1 step on spring rates. Either should quicken your left to right transitions. Honestly though, if it were me I would leave the springs alone and take out 1 of the .050 spacers and replace it with a .030 for a total of .080 under the front blocks. Every time I have run the .100 under the blocks I really needed more steering and the .080 seems to be the ticket. Sway bars should not hurt you on a rough surface like increasing the spring rates will. I am afraid if you increase the rates or add sway bars you wil quicken the transition side to side but will loose steering and maybe rear traction. This is just a hunch so you may want to try lowering your front roll center first. I hope this helps

Brant
Old 12-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
for those wanting a starting point on springs and oil with the new arms I basically ran craigx's setup with 30lb springs, 56 pistons and 50 wt in the front, and 17.5lb springs, 56 pistons and 35 wt oil in the rear and my car was pretty good today.

How close did this feel to the set-up with the old arms and springs?

Brant
Old 12-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evicerator

Skuba Steve setup?

0.030" sway bars

Scuba Steve--Please don't wait untill your called by name to give us your opinion on stuff. All info and help is very appreciated.

Brant
Old 12-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evicerator

Skuba Steve setup?

0.030" sway bars

Once again Steve (aka Evicerator or Skuba Steve and any other aliases you go by ), you have been a very helpful. Much appreciated mate.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

A tribute to JRXS and jrxs.com custom painted body by Shop UFO the master of all paint!
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-jrxs.jpg  
Old 12-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant
I only got a chance to run the car one time with the stock arms before I got the new ones so I won't be the best person to compare them back to back but the car felt more stable and easier to drive hard.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant

I also got the new arms this past weekend.

stuff that changed when i went to them:

60 to 30 front springs, kept 20's on back
cut down all 4 chock eyelets
took off both 050 sway bars i had on
raised rear inner camber link to long /middle..#4 from #7
added 1 degree of toe...3 total from 2
got rid of my prosquat, went to level
added 2mm rear droop

I also ran front tires all around to get steering, as my car pushed signifigantly.

The main difference i found is the chasis stayed flatter, and yeilded more cornerspeed and consitency. I though the car was more abrupt them my normal setup thogh, and had to run more rear droop to get the feel i liked.

BTW this is on very very high bite carpet, like glue when you walk.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mike H, I finally got sick of my fttc4 and bought a jrxs. what a diff in handling. From a car that pushes on power with any thing you do to it, to a car that steers right out of the box. Sorry couldn't make it down to L.I. yesterday will positively go to the next trophy race you guy have. Matt C
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Matt, glad to hear it...

When you come down i have a setup for you, maybe you can hook me up with somehting that works at madness, since my car obviously didn't last time. You guys missed a nice event this time, place was packed.

May just be the driver to..
Old 12-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike H, yesterday at Madness I used Paul Lemuix setup from the indoor champs. I ran 19t w/atlas motor 39/128 56.5 tires. I added bump out to the front .030 in 2nd qual helped with mid and on power steering. Qual 3rd behind mike d and mark s. In the main made a few mistakes ended upjust getting beat by Carrisa for third. Tried the long front camber link in the main. It just made the car very loose mid corner and push on power. Car was very twitchy.Just got the new front arms waiting for the rear ones to come in, then i will try the sfter spring setup. Very pleased with the response of the car to changes made. Matt C
Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried trimming the excess carbon fibre off that is around the electronics?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mjcxtreme
Mike H, yesterday at Madness I used Paul Lemuix setup from the indoor champs. I ran 19t w/atlas motor 39/128 56.5 tires. I added bump out to the front .030 in 2nd qual helped with mid and on power steering. Qual 3rd behind mike d and mark s. In the main made a few mistakes ended upjust getting beat by Carrisa for third. Tried the long front camber link in the main. It just made the car very loose mid corner and push on power. Car was very twitchy.Just got the new front arms waiting for the rear ones to come in, then i will try the sfter spring setup. Very pleased with the response of the car to changes made. Matt C

When i was there i just had push and that was it...ran hybrids all around and it was decent, looking back i see what i did wrong...o well... should have ditched my sway bars

I run 4 .030 washers worth of bump, and similar to pauls 2nd setup, i hated the long front link, and took it back off when i was there.

Wish i had the new arms then, just put them on my car last week and its much better at everything now.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
I don't even like oval, but I have to admit that's pretty cool.
I liked the colors in the car. Does anyone know if that company makes towers and other pieces for the stock jrx-s?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.