Wiki Posts
Search

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Banks
I see everyone says they this car but I don't see much talk of setup help or anything
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/arc/...etsARCR10.html
Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This thread is often quiet as it would seem that most ARC driver are quite happy with their cars and are running without issues. Like the above post, most setups can be found at petitrc.com. This thread is an evolution of the http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...uring-car.html thread so you may want to look ther if desired. Please feel free to post any questions or concerns you may have and I'm sure someone will chime in. The ARC is still concidered a narrow market compared to other major brands but I beleive it is one of the best valued and best handling cars out there.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The facebook page also has some nice info. Sign up for it
https://www.facebook.com/groups/arcdrivers/
Old 12-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know the car works good. I guess I was expecting more chatter like people trying different things to make the car better
Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Donny Banks
I know the car works good. I guess I was expecting more chatter like people trying different things to make the car better
I am just getting back into the hobby after a long break (being a dad...still being a dad, but now the kid is interested in racing as well). I bought a 2013 off a guy at our club, built it and have run it for only 3 heats in 3 nights. My son is very busy with other winter sports. Because I am late for racing every Friday, I have only been able to run the mains, and as such have been put into the D mains. That being said, after a 10 year break, and only running the car 3 times, I won the D and my lap count and time would have put me 5th in the A. I used Cyrul's set up from the 2013 ROAR Nat.s and have never put a car on the track that inspired so much confidence. With that said, I have bought 3 2015's....I now own more cars than I have run races this year!!! I will give my son two and keep two for myself. We will both run 17.5 blinky and mod.

I am the only guy at our track using this car, but I am positive that once I run the car for a few more outings, there will be more guys searching it out, because it is so easy to run right out of the box.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjmudd
I am just getting back into the hobby after a long break (being a dad...still being a dad, but now the kid is interested in racing as well). I bought a 2013 off a guy at our club, built it and have run it for only 3 heats in 3 nights. My son is very busy with other winter sports. Because I am late for racing every Friday, I have only been able to run the mains, and as such have been put into the D mains. That being said, after a 10 year break, and only running the car 3 times, I won the D and my lap count and time would have put me 5th in the A. I used Cyrul's set up from the 2013 ROAR Nat.s and have never put a car on the track that inspired so much confidence. With that said, I have bought 3 2015's....I now own more cars than I have run races this year!!! I will give my son two and keep two for myself. We will both run 17.5 blinky and mod.

I am the only guy at our track using this car, but I am positive that once I run the car for a few more outings, there will be more guys searching it out, because it is so easy to run right out of the box.
It is a great car out the box. I switched from running 2 yokomo BD7 2015s and I am very impressed with this car. There are quite a few people at my local track that are running ARCs and we talk about setups and what works and doesn't . Trying to make the car faster than what it already is.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjmudd

Were you the guy that asked me about buying Mr. Mah's 2013 ARC up at the Edmonton WCICS race couple months ago that started you on this buying spree? If you are, great to hear and also had a great time racing with your son too!

Ivan

ps. I'm still running the original R10 (only ARC at my home track) and still very happy with it and it's still pretty competitive. Will be heading to Victoria, BC in a few weeks and I think a bunch of Washington guys will be driving their 2015 ARCs so hope to see the new ones in person and in action and maybe get one or two in the near future.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

OMG.... Ivan with a new car.... The world is coming to a end!!! But really Ivan you are fast with old cars and crappy old tires. I hate to see you with a new car and new tires.....
Old 12-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Ivan,
Ya, I'm the guy who bought Wayne's ARC. I truly didn't want a T.C., because I didn't know how often we would be able to make it out racing, given my son's extremely busy life. But building the car and having it be spot on, right out of the gate made me want another for mod, and I thought one for my son would be good too. Maybe in the new year we will be able to get a little more track time. Way drove my car for a few laps and was quite impressed.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

+1 Trigger! The car has been catching on at and around my track. I was the first buying a used car from here two years ago. Then another couple of guys. Now between like 8 of us there are about 14 ARC cars. Some of us have multiple classes we run. Next year I think I'm going to plunge into the mod scene. I have tested the waters a few times and the car handled very well. I just need to dial in my electrics and practice. Set up varies from track to track with minor adjustments. I race on like four different tracks a year.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by patorz31
OMG.... Ivan with a new car.... The world is coming to a end!!! But really Ivan you are fast with old cars and crappy old tires. I hate to see you with a new car and new tires.....
LOL...can't wait to get back to racing in 2015!!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

+2 trigger & josh, at our track we started this year with 1 guy moving to arc , no we have 6 running them with a few more converts in the new year I believe.
It's not so hard to convert ppl when the car is so good out of the box.
One thing I have tried & like on my cars are 4 mm front wheel hex's,soooooo much steering ( which I like ) can put the car anywhere you want to.
Any way have a fantastic Xmas,be safe & enjoy the festive season wherever you may be, & look forward to more good results in 2015

Graham
Old 12-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

I think I may have to get rid of my Top Photon Ex for one of these in the near future.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
I think I may have to get rid of my Top Photon Ex for one of these in the near future.
You wouldn't regret it!
Old 12-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me where to get ARC cars in europe online? Except lmi racing.
Want to get one kit but i cannot find any stores in europe. Also to have good parts support.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.