Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eunique
Sorry to hear about your front belts....I've only had to replace it once...and all the belts have been fine since then. I have had the aluminum pulleys and the D3 ever since it came out and the hopups got released.
For 38 and 30T pulleys....maybe check Broadtech, Banzaihobby, Rc-race-and-drift-Japan
I guess the aluminum pulley will fix the front belt problem.
I have Checked all those 3 major online shops you have mentioned and the only one I could find was the Dlike 38T pulley for front diff with unknow bore size
Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
I guess the aluminum pulley will fix the front belt problem.
I have Checked all those 3 major online shops you have mentioned and the only one I could find was the Dlike 38T pulley for front diff with unknow bore size
you can't get the 38T or 30T pulleys from 3racing still try looking for square pulleys
Old 04-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys so I'm having problems with really bad shaking on the front end when I turn the wheels. Someone here said that I should buy the ultra wide driveshafts and I did but the problem is the same. What else can I do? Maybe a one way? I triple checked everything and nothing is binding. I'm lost here.

Check out this video. This guy use to have the same problem I have but he changed to the UW driveshafts and problem went away

http://youtu.be/zuz3XW8Io4s
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aquito
Hey guys so I'm having problems with really bad shaking on the front end when I turn the wheels. Someone here said that I should buy the ultra wide driveshafts and I did but the problem is the same. What else can I do? Maybe a one way? I triple checked everything and nothing is binding. I'm lost here.

Check out this video. This guy use to have the same problem I have but he changed to the UW driveshafts and problem went away

Hey did you assemble the CVD's before putting them in the car, the pin some times slides out of the wheel axle. if this is happening grind a flat on the pin and thread lock the grub screw. the CVD's chatter at full lock because the dog bone hits the inside of the wheel axle. even the ultra wide CVD's will do it when they reach the limit of their angle. the standard sweepers only allow 45* of angle but the Ultra wide CVD's go to 55*? A FOW is a good idea the chassis doesn't handle right with out one.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have you checked to make sure that the bearing holders are properly aligned and matching? The UWA should have fixed your problem
Old 04-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Ill be checking all that tonight when I get home. Another thing is that when I take the front wheels off the chattering stops completely. It only does it when wheels are on. I already tried 4 sets of different wheels and al the same result so its not the wheels.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

D3 hopups are back in stock.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...id=56&s_sort=4

FYI, Thanks.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

please get more front one ways.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

+2 please I need a one way badly!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys how can I make my rear end not so loose? Every time I give it a little throttle the rear end spins out. It's uncontrollable. I didn't knew CS was going to be so hard :0(
Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys how can I make my rear end not so loose? Every time I give it a little throttle the rear end spins out. It's uncontrollable. I didn't knew CS was going to be so hard :0(
BEtter springs help too...stiffer in rear and soft in front...plus changing suspension settings...one at a time as every change affects the dynamics of a car.

But most of all, practice, practice, practice...don't drive it like 50/50 drifter...CS is more of smoooooth, prolonged throttle delivery, not the quick bursts....try turning down your throttle endpoint adjustment or change the settings on the ESC to reduce power. Keep practicing...steering inputs will. Ot be needed as much as 50/50 drifting...use the chassis ability to enter the drift for you
Old 04-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Addict

A FOW also helps initiate a drift when you back off the throttle the rear locks up like an E-brake but as eunique already stated it takes practice and lots of it! CS drifting is more realistic than 50/50 it's more scale drifting CS is slower so remember you don't need heaps of throttle and feathering it just makes it slide out more
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

drive it more, like every day ,also try some differnet tires, t drifts are a nice all around tire.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

raikou tires are probably the best around atm
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

A question for those who are chewing through front belts... are you using front spool and single joint cvds (either stock or wide angle, doesn't matter much)?

I suspect configurations like this which give front chatter when steering may wear the belt - that chatter goes back to pulley which takes it on the belt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.