Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 03-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_gord24
Hey Todd just a thought but....I might be able to get some of the other Vancouver, BC racers that have run @ Hanger 30 to write letters of suport. City councils in most places like having people from other cities traveling to their area and spending money ....Food, Gas, Hotel rooms and beer...Congratulations on being organised enough to be able to get a meeting with the Board.
I love this idea. Nice to be supported by our out-of-town brethren.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hey guys and girls: the Seattle RC Racers has a Facebook page. Become a fan so you're sure not to miss any info (of course, pertinent info is always on the SRCR website first). Connect with and grow the PacNW RC community!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SeaTac Onroad Views

Here are some views of the onroad side. Do not fixate on the layout, but do note the elevations within the track itself. Whatever the exact layout, the intention is to integrate some of the natural site contour into the track.

Both tracks will be lighted for evening enjoyment.

Views of the offroad side are coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-seatac-onroad-high-angle.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-seatac-onroad-low-angle.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Here are some views of the onroad side. Do not fixate on the layout, but do note the elevations within the track itself. Whatever the exact layout, the intention is to integrate some of the natural site contour into the track.

What are the dimensions of the track area, and pit space area?

Will there be A/C power available?

-Mike
Old 03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet

NICE!! when does it open
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am of the mind it needs to support Nitro if it is outdoors -

The location next to the airport would be perfect to mitigate the noise level

With Nitro there is also a minimal need for electrical outlets

And It would be chance to have a local Seattle NCT race drawing many racers stimulating the local economy

Please don't get me wrong I am not against electric it would still be include as well
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aegiswa

And It would be chance to have a local Seattle NCT race drawing many racers stimulating the local economy

Please don't get me wrong I am not against electric it would still be include as well
So can you make it out to show your support on the 20th?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aegiswa

It wouldn't make any sense to not have nitro here, if it ever happens. It, I feel, wouldn't be worth the time, money etc.. to have electric only.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
It, I feel, wouldn't be worth the time, money etc.. to have electric only.
Kyle, with the obvious prevalence of electric on/offroad in the region, this doesn't make any sense.

Care to explain?

--Bill
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Kyle, with the obvious prevalence of electric on/offroad in the region, this doesn't make any sense.

Care to explain?

--Bill
Sure.

Not many places to run off road outdoors. There are plenty indoor off road tracks that are well suited for electric. The 1/8 scale guys, gas and E, don't really have a place to hang it out. Just saying that if an electric only off road track is built then you are playing around the weather. TRCR, 4S, Mike's, Bremerton and Portland always have good weather. You got Area 52 (Carnation) and places in E Washington for off road. SeaTac would be perfect for around here.

Just saying that if this happens and is outdoors, 1/8, gas and E, would have a place for them...along with the Gas on roaders...

A place that you can put a large outdoor track is awesome but would you need a place for a large track if it is E only and the majority of E guys run 1/10 scale? For example, Revelation down in SoCal, stock Slash lap times are just over a minute... too big. It would be cool to see a 1/8 (large) track that includes a 1/10 track (smaller) as one..if that makes sense. Move a couple of cones or two...

Also since it will be a permanent track, no bus needed, no pipes to put together, on nice days like we have experieced lately, we can run..
Kyle,
Old 03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

There is nothing like running on road 10th scale gas sedan on a large track in the Summer time. There is still a lot of interest in the class, as is evident by the turnouts at TZ and IBEW. A long drive to get the nitro fix but worth it.
In any event, whatever the final decision is, the only thing that really matters is getting a permanent track to play on. I'll use it no matter what form it takes. I just hope I'll be able to use it before I get too old.
Great job Todd to get it this far. Pretty exciting.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Sure.

Not many places to run off road outdoors. There are plenty indoor off road tracks that are well suited for electric. The 1/8 scale guys, gas and E, don't really have a place to hang it out. Just saying that if an electric only off road track is built then you are playing around the weather. TRCR, 4S, Mike's, Bremerton and Portland always have good weather. You got Area 52 (Carnation) and places in E Washington for off road. SeaTac would be perfect for around here.

Just saying that if this happens and is outdoors, 1/8, gas and E, would have a place for them...along with the Gas on roaders...

A place that you can put a large outdoor track is awesome but would you need a place for a large track if it is E only and the majority of E guys run 1/10 scale? For example, Revelation down in SoCal, stock Slash lap times are just over a minute... too big. It would be cool to see a 1/8 (large) track that includes a 1/10 track (smaller) as one..if that makes sense. Move a couple of cones or two...

Also since it will be a permanent track, no bus needed, no pipes to put together, on nice days like we have experieced lately, we can run..
Kyle,
Understood.

However, I see no reason to give it up if nitro ends up being a no-no. Certainly not a waste of time and money, as you said. FW has a gas class and electric is still far more popular. Many gas 1/8 folks are realizing the beauty of those big honkin' lipos.

As for offroad AND onroad, we (the PacNW) actually have a VERY dry summer season...I don't foresee much playing around the weather. When running offroad in the mud, is track damage/maintenance much of a concern?

Another thing to consider is noise. Sure, there are planes overhead. But does that mean the neighbors and other park users want to hear that nitro weed wacker buzz? It wouldn't bother me, but just saying...

I'd LOVE to have an excuse to buy a 1/8 E-buggy!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtveten
In any event, whatever the final decision is, the only thing that really matters is getting a permanent track to play on. I'll use it no matter what form it takes.
Just hearing the words "permanent track" is like music to my ears! "At THIS point", listening to debates about on-road, off-road, gas, and electric is like listening to finger nails screeching across a chalkboard...very distracting!

For now, lets all show some support for the rc community as a whole, and back up Todd on March 20th. Todd has started something that NOBODY else was willing to do...that's take the leadership role and run with it! He has been RUNNING since the start of Hangar30, and has yet to stop! He isn't doing this for himself...he's doing it for all of us! Let's help him make things happen!

And once we get an approval from the city then "at THAT point" let's talk on-road, off-road, gas, electric, or whatever...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wiggles
Just hearing the words "permanent track" is like music to my ears! "At THIS point", listening to debates about on-road, off-road, gas, and electric is like listening to finger nails screeching across a chalkboard...very distracting!

For now, lets all show some support for the rc community as a whole, and back up Todd on March 20th. Todd has started something that NOBODY else was willing to do...that's take the leadership role and run with it! He has been RUNNING since the start of Hangar30, and has yet to stop! He isn't doing this for himself...he's doing it for all of us! Let's help him make things happen!

And once we get an approval from the city then "at THAT point" let's talk on-road, off-road, gas, electric, or whatever...
Well put! Ill be there on the 20th for sure, It would be nice to go play when I have down time at work Guess Ill have to make room for my gear in my van just in case
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wiggles

as one who hates the guys that quote the post right before them, i had to do it.

the "debates" should not and do take away from your final points, hear hear

however given a choice, I think nitro should be outlawed all together, that is unless i decide to run one then its ok and actually, actually, with the new 1/8 electric on road cars coming...... uummm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.