Search
Like Tree95Likes

Tekin RSX Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Unplug everything from the receiver except the ESC. Power it up, result changed or the same?
changed receiver re did every thing now it works. thank you Mr Pike... last up date to esc was 212 should I down load the latest or leave it alone ?
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The software is not creating any failures.

If you have an ESC that doesn't work, I'd like to walk you or anyone for that matter through a few troubleshooting sequences to determine the point of failure.
Those trouble shooting sequences is there a youtube vid or similar on that?
Old 04-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The software is not creating any failures.

If you have an ESC that doesn't work, I'd like to walk you or anyone for that matter through a few troubleshooting sequences to determine the point of failure.
That would be great but they won't even power up to try and troubleshoot. They just quit working, two of them never turned back on after they were turned off. Then two of them just stopped while racing. No warning, they weren't hot or never even slowed down before they quit. Ran the speedos the year before and then last summer up until I done the firmware update. That's the only thing that all the speedos had in common.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
changed receiver re did every thing now it works. thank you Mr Pike... last up date to esc was 212 should I down load the latest or leave it alone ?
Yes, always run the latest software.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:36 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by GOING FAST
That would be great but they won't even power up to try and troubleshoot. They just quit working, two of them never turned back on after they were turned off. Then two of them just stopped while racing. No warning, they weren't hot or never even slowed down before they quit. Ran the speedos the year before and then last summer up until I done the firmware update. That's the only thing that all the speedos had in common.
You still have them? If so I'd like a quick test:

No fan plugged in, no sensor wire plugged in, battery power only. Power up, result?

IF you have a Hotwire does it recognize and "see" the esc?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:41 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Cain
Those trouble shooting sequences is there a youtube vid or similar on that?
There are some basic ones, but no video. That could get quite long lol.

Basic thing I often "go to" is to isolate the ESC from the rest of the car: Unplug it from the receiver, unplug the fan, unplug the sensor harness. Power it up. What do the LED's show you? The trouble codes we offer are very intuitive and can help you diagnose most of the system.
Cain likes this.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Randy,

is there a closed loop current loop in the RSX? I promise to behave Im just curious if current is measured and it controls current. Your product is equal to or better than any product on the market.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Bry195
Randy,

is there a closed loop current loop in the RSX? I promise to behave Im just curious if current is measured and it controls current. Your product is equal to or better than any product on the market.
There is not as the added weight and size doesn't add enough value. There are other ways to calculate current that, while not as accurate, are more than adequate.
Bry195 likes this.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any update on when the iOS Hotwire app will get the update to allow it to work with the RSX Pro?
oldernoob likes this.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
There is not as the added weight and size doesn't add enough value. There are other ways to calculate current that, while not as accurate, are more than adequate.
Thank You and I agree.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there, I need some assistance if possible with my Tekin RSX.

I raced last night running a 5.5T motor and all was fine all night. Motor temps were 42C and ESC temps never went above 48C.

I was looking for more speed on the straight so all i altered was increasing the Turbo from 15 to 25 degrees and the ramp rate from 2 to 5. Motor timing unchanged from 30 degrees.

I just ran the car and the ESC cut out as it accelerated. Now it won't turn on. There is no smell of anything burnt out and no visible signs at all?

Is there a fuse or something that can be reset/swapped or is it a case of sending it in? I live in the UK and the ESC was bought second hand about 6 months ago. What is my best course of action?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
Hi there, I need some assistance if possible with my Tekin RSX.

I raced last night running a 5.5T motor and all was fine all night. Motor temps were 42C and ESC temps never went above 48C.

I was looking for more speed on the straight so all i altered was increasing the Turbo from 15 to 25 degrees and the ramp rate from 2 to 5. Motor timing unchanged from 30 degrees.

I just ran the car and the ESC cut out as it accelerated. Now it won't turn on. There is no smell of anything burnt out and no visible signs at all?

Is there a fuse or something that can be reset/swapped or is it a case of sending it in? I live in the UK and the ESC was bought second hand about 6 months ago. What is my best course of action?
There isn't a fuse, but something could have acted like one somewhere in the system. Does the radio turn on when the esc is plugged in? Do different batteries work? Can you load an older software version on the ESC or does the computer not recognize it? Can you verify the on/off switch works?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to eliminate other possibilities before you resort to mailing it in.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

There isn't a fuse, but something could have acted like one somewhere in the system. Does the radio turn on when the esc is plugged in? Do different batteries work? Can you load an older software version on the ESC or does the computer not recognize it? Can you verify the on/off switch works?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to eliminate other possibilities before you resort to mailing it in.
Thanks Krio,

The radio does not turn on but all is fine with another ESC plugged in. i just tested it with the same settings and it seemed fine.

A different battery makes no difference.

The ESC is recognised by the software and I am able to change settings

I tested the switch with a multi-meter and the switch is operational.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
Thanks Krio,

The radio does not turn on but all is fine with another ESC plugged in. i just tested it with the same settings and it seemed fine.

A different battery makes no difference.

The ESC is recognised by the software and I am able to change settings

I tested the switch with a multi-meter and the switch is operational.
If the hotwire still talks to the esc, try downgrading and then re-uploading the firmware version. That has fixed some esc's in the past for myself and some locals. This issue was more common years ago, though. Not sure if it's still the same problem.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

If the hotwire still talks to the esc, try downgrading and then re-uploading the firmware version. That has fixed some esc's in the past for myself and some locals. This issue was more common years ago, though. Not sure if it's still the same problem.
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I tried downgrading to 258 and then back up to 272 but the ESC is still dead when powered via battery.

I'm guessing something popped on the power board?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.