Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by tamiyarcracer
Ian, Was is up man.

Rumor has it I have my name on a Surikan Evo III. I might have to do lke you did, and get him to sign it next year.
Are you happy with how you did at Reedy?
4 post since January? What's up with you Troy? hehehe... just kidding...

Reedy was good for me... I'm sure I could've done better than 43rd overall, but seeing that my times were not that off compared to the front runners... I think I did good for my second "major" race(non-tamiya)... I ran the NORRCA 2001 Nats at Las Vegas and I got 1st in B-Main with my trusty old TB-01(Cross)... Competition was a lot tougher at Reedy...

That Surikarn sounds good... let me know if you get one...
Old 06-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by dsrbltoys
Another EVOIII

IZZY is this you???
Yup Yup Yup! Thanks for posting my car! Go EVO3's....waaaaaahhhh, I want my Shurikarn!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dsrbltoys
ok gotta do it, here is Masami's car
Thanks for posting that pix!! but what's up with the blur?!.. lol

Thanks!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like everybody got demon tweaks on their cars. I especially like Charlie's pit area. The "Not Yours!" power strip...snacks...and who's phone number is that anyways? Classic Charlie.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, anymore good setups for rubber tires on bumpy asphalt? I setup my car like the tamiya website's surikarn 2mm raised rear roll center thing... but how in the world to you get it to be 261mm wheelbase? would the setup work with the 257mm wheelbase? I haven't had a chance to go to the track to try it out.
I've been looking at all those pics...very nice! looks like everyone is running about the same sways or springs... but you can't see the spacers under the blocks or the arm locations, or blocks themselves... rats!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Most of us ran about the same for spacing under the blocks

I ran 1mm anti-squat in the rear and no kick up in the front

For arm locations Charlie ran a 2mm longer wheelbase I tried both and came back to stock. I think Rod ran stock

Camber link upper inner was the norm in the rear and Charlie ran a mid upper front but not sure where he ran it in the main. I tried both also but did not like the scrub with the moved front link

For bumpy try the three hole piston 40-50 wt oil
and increase the droop camber links etc should be the same along with spring rate you might soften them a touch but not much. Tamiya Blue or Yellow should be just right. D. Jun was running Tamiya Red but also was running a high roll center.

Hope it helps
Old 06-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys

I noticed that Surikarn at a race in Japan was driving a new body, similar to Hara's body. Someone mentioned it was a Bugatti body. If that is correct, does anyone know where to find one?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:09 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Hey guys

I noticed that Surikarn at a race in Japan was driving a new body, similar to Hara's body. Someone mentioned it was a Bugatti body. If that is correct, does anyone know where to find one?
Is there any link to this race so the body can be seen?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by R"C-Main" Infini"D"
Hey guys

I noticed Surikarn at a race in Japan was driving a new body, similar to Hara's body. Someone mentioned it was a Bugatti body. If that is correct, does anyone know where to find one?
Neil, what were you doing in Japan?!? Hehe, I believe the body IS a Bugatti and believe it or not, it was on sale at Ultimate about 6-8 months ago. I remember seeing it in the Bargain Bin for like 10 bucks and I also recall, Kevin N. picking one up an racing with it for a while. Other than that, I haven't seen one since.

One of these days, for shiz and giggles, I may play with an Escudo and a Euro Truck to bash with lol.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Neil, what were you doing in Japan?!? Hehe, I believe the body IS a Bugatti and believe it or not, it was on sale at Ultimate about 6-8 months ago. I remember seeing it in the Bargain Bin for like 10 bucks and I also recall, Kevin N. picking one up an racing with it for a while. Other than that, I haven't seen one since.

One of these days, for shiz and giggles, I may play with an Escudo and a Euro Truck to bash with lol.
Hey Mod-Rod, why don't you try one of these ?

Old 06-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

the body is a Team Atlas EB110, you have it in two types, normal and the new S type with different downforce, you can buy it at rainbowten, hope that it helps!
Old 06-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

DB the body isn't too bad but the nose is waaaaaay out front from the car.

By the way are you going to race the past champs this year?

Rumor is Mod FWD
Old 06-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

has anybody else out there tried the square gear boxes besides me??? i have noticed that these worked great with bothe the diff and the spools that i have been running up until now... however now that i want to put the one-way back in, it seems to be meshing with the crown gear a little to tightly... weird

i think that i am gonna have to remove a little material off of the one-way so that i can slide it from side to side and shim it properly.

jus want to see if anybody else has these boxes and if they have noticed the same thing.

peter
Old 06-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Where can one obtain these boxes?
Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by peter_robinson
has anybody else out there tried the square gear boxes besides me??? i have noticed that these worked great with bothe the diff and the spools that i have been running up until now... however now that i want to put the one-way back in, it seems to be meshing with the crown gear a little to tightly... weird

i think that i am gonna have to remove a little material off of the one-way so that i can slide it from side to side and shim it properly.

jus want to see if anybody else has these boxes and if they have noticed the same thing.

peter
Are you talking about the blue aluminum gear box for Evo3 from Sqaure?

I saw it on square's website. Did you get it through rainbowten? or other source? Please share. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.