Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All HPI RS4 3 post !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by spawn
oh yes I am proud to say that it is made of white plastic, delrin you say.... have been using the same freaking set. No wear or tear coz I just took it apart yesterday.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

bodigat ... yes they do have DELRIN ones ... I think and there is no wear and tear on TC3 if:

i. the gear box is not loose
ii. you do not use enines like the modified 5 ports, NS5 included

Mine had NO wear and tear at all after 4 months or hard playing with a simple little GS 3 port that ran fast! Hehehe ...
Old 10-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by tIANcI
bodigat ... yes they do have DELRIN ones ... I think and there is no wear and tear on TC3 if:

i. the gear box is not loose
ii. you do not use enines like the modified 5 ports, NS5 included

Mine had NO wear and tear at all after 4 months or hard playing with a simple little GS 3 port that ran fast! Hehehe ...
point ii. may not be correct or incorrect but I know wong does not have any problems with the white gears even when using his Rody. In fact he says that for normal use the black plastics are good enough. I have never heard or seen anyone complanining about the white gears even in the NTC3 thread. I think the shock is transferred to the CVDs and drive cup.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

wow.... delrin can be that durable eh? goodness gracious me. Hehehehe....

I've check my rs4 gearbox if there is any loose screw or any wobbling outdrive... cant seem to have any problem with it. it just strip after i use the nova carb on my stock EVO engine.

btw tianci, u too are using tc3? or ur running the mugen? GS 3 port? Which one? The head that looks like the niko gas car? How fast?
Old 10-12-2003, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by bodigat
Did i read this right or am i smoking crack right now??? ROTFLMAO

Do you mean that the crown gear in TC3 differential gearbox are made of white plastic (delrin??) Guys.... help me out here. Are you sure it's made of plastic? Even cast iron have wear and tear.....
What is this "ROTFLMAO" that you talking about?? Don't actually knows what that means....................Care to enlighten me?

Plastic gears, can actually last longer that cast iron ones! as they are not as brittle, absorps shocks easily.. This is what i meant by mechanical shock absorption. Shocks from the engine output is absorb thru the gears!

But the downside is as they being made of plastic and plastic wears off fast when un-lubricated. So always ensure it is always lubricated or else risk wearing it off from the friction.
So plastic gears also do have its limitation.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by x_man
What is this "ROTFLMAO" that you talking about?? Don't actually knows what that means....................Care to enlighten me?
Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
Old 10-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Are you ppl mentioning about the spur gear that is made of delrin? Im at lost Really am. Never seen a TC3 in my life b4 since nobody aver here using it.

I thought all the differential gearbox must be using some kind of metal for the final drive (for shafter it is)
Old 10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Rollin On The Floor Licking My Ass Off ... its a cute little trick that they learnt from dogs and all ... hehehehee ... hahahahaaaa!!!

spawn - seen too many modified 5 ports taking out the diff gears ... too many ... I think I meant the diff gears! hehehehe ...

bodigat - used to have a TC3 with Gs 3 port then now its a Mugen with a stock S5 ... just a different heatsink. My 3 port was slightly modified, not porting just made the engine more efficient and all ... I would say much much faster that your standard 3 port (NS and RB ones excluded!!!) and I would run at about 150 degrees all the time, no engine problems at all.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
Ohh! So desu neh!!!! I was actually thinking it was some kind of secret military code!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

bodigat - we are talkin diff gears I think
Old 10-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Errr..... okay my spur gear is black in color, made by kimborough, donno what kind of black plastic. The crown and bevel gears are made of delrin (used to be composite in the ETC3). I only put a little grease (silicon) coz the grease will normally be thrown out into the casing.

I think you metal gears are worn because of the shims.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah... i guess so....

check out this link... this is the parts that always strip on me.... the big crown gear.... http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/n3ss/kn3_12.jpg
Old 10-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tIANcI

spawn - seen too many modified 5 ports taking out the diff gears ... too many ... I think I meant the diff gears! hehehehe ...
Serious!. I know that M.Afiq(AKA steven) had this problem in S2 race but I think he was using the black gears then. He was running to hard that the teeth of the gear broke!.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

bodigat - solution is so simple ... change car!!! I am serious ... HPI cars are not up to it. I know new car is expensive and all but in the medium term you will not regret. I got rid of my TC3 and now I am really happy with the Mugen (sorry Spawn!!!), I spend less on repairs and more time driving and having fun.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bodigat
Yeah... i guess so....

check out this link... this is the parts that always strip on me.... the big crown gear.... http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/n3ss/kn3_12.jpg
How else do you think HPI can make money till noww.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.