Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEKNO RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"Win on Sunday , sell on Monday" is a saying that comes to mind as well.

R&D is the most expensive part of new products. Imagine trying to build the best you can and running out of capital ....
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would for one love it if they released one but as busy as Tekno has been over the past 2 years with the release of 4 cars, I think Danny needs to recoup some of the development costs before expanding out. Tekno has awesome cars. If you spread yourself too thin, end product will suffer. He has been expanding and with all top notch cars. He is releasing cars at a rate he seems comfortable with and they have all been winners. However, a lot of money has to be being spent so I am sure, when he is ready or even willing to build a 1/10th 4wd, it will not lack in any department.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
I talked to Danny (Tekno owner) about the 1/10 scale market a while back and he summed it up like this:

"When you step into that world, you're taking on giants. It has to be done right or not at all"
1/8 market is no slouch either. In some ways, it's got a huge worldwide following. Danny took on some major giants(AE,TLR,Kyosho,Mugen,XRAY,Team Durango,HB,Serpent,etc,etc) when he stepped in to that world and did great.

I'm all for Tekno entering the 2wd buggy/SC, 4wd buggy market and hopefully very soon. For now, I have a 22SCT and Spyder SRX2 MM to keep my SCT410 company.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We'll continue to put relentless 1/10 4WD pressure on Danny. I'll make him drive my X-Ray or something. Of course, he doesn't look like he gets much sleep as it is...
Old 03-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well didnt mean to push a company into doing something they dont want to do or not ready to do. That want my intention like I said just wanted to see if there was any others out there that felt the same as I do in seeing a 10th version of the EB48.2 which is a great buggy. Taking that platform and seeing it shrunk down to 10th scale would be great. I agree RnD costs alot and I dont know how long they have been working on the rest of the fleet but seeing how the team can out with including the EB48.2, NB48, ET48 and NT48 around the same time yes the buggy and truggy conversions arent the bad just converting electric to gas an the SCT410 being on the same chassis as the EB48. The 10th buggy I can see being a little difficult basic starting from scratch. But being a consumer and supporter of TEKNO products seeing how my first purchase was for the original Kyosho ST-R conversion. I would buy a 10th 4wd hand down. So whether it happens or not its out there and there are others that would pick one up if it came to the market.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would love to see a 1/10th 4wd. 1/8th e buggy and 1/10th 4wd are my 2 main classes. I run the EB48.2 in E buggy and the XB4 in 1/10th. I would drop the XB4 in a heartbeat if Tekno made one.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's a compliment to Tekno's quality and customer service that we are clamoring for a vehicle that they haven't even hinted towards building yet.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
if you're talking about a 2wd buggy, then yes, i think the above statement may hold some water. with a wheeler though, i would disagree. there has not been much satisfaction from the big 2 (AE, losi) with wheelers lately....
It's actually been very good. I recall when there was literally no 4wd racing at club level in most of the country. Until AE and Kyosho released new cars there was no interest in the US (this is how the Losi buggies went sooo long without an update.
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
1/8 market is no slouch either. In some ways, it's got a huge worldwide following. Danny took on some major giants(AE,TLR,Kyosho,Mugen,XRAY,Team Durango,HB,Serpent,etc,etc) when he stepped in to that world and did great.
This market was already saturated with brands and customers with a willingness to take on new products. 2wd still has 2 clear leaders, similar (but not the same as) to when Kyosho and Mugen were pretty much the only buggies worth owning.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
if you're talking about a 2wd buggy, then yes, i think the above statement may hold some water. with a wheeler though, i would disagree. there has not been much satisfaction from the big 2 (AE, losi) with wheelers lately. yes, the 22-4 is new, but it's having problems and there are still lots of folks (like me) who don't want to mess with belts. x-ray has done it successfully at this point, i see no reason why tekno couldn't step into the wheeler class and do it very well.
I agree completely, I didn't know they were having problems with the 22-4. My next kit is a wheeler and only wish Tekno had one coming out. At first I was gonna do the X then I seen Kyosho is suppose to come out with the ZX6 so I think I will wait. I like the KR also I think they make a really nice product but I don't wanna do belts. And lol the new Durango looks nice also, never owned a Durango and I read a lot of people say there fragile?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Please please please Tekno, make a 1/0th scale buggy!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC
Please please please Tekno, make a 1/0th scale buggy!
Same here !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please make a eb410!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Tell you the truth i dont think its worth it if they did think about making a 4x4 buggy at least in the northeast its dead. 2wd buggy or a 2wd ST would be cheaper to make and more simpler to design and not loose a fortune for a smaller company.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't really agree with that seeing how all they have made is 4wd and upgrades for 4wd's. Shrinking the EB48 down to 10th scale size would be easier as it's already a platform they already have. And 4wd 10th buggy isn't dead in the north east it's making a come back and like was previously stated for TEKNO RC to jump in the 2wd ring now would be a mistake with all the dig names that have been dominant in the 2wd class! I personally would like to see a 10th EB48!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dragon6502
I don't really agree with that seeing how all they have made is 4wd and upgrades for 4wd's. Shrinking the EB48 down to 10th scale size would be easier as it's already a platform they already have. And 4wd 10th buggy isn't dead in the north east it's making a come back and like was previously stated for TEKNO RC to jump in the 2wd ring now would be a mistake with all the dig names that have been dominant in the 2wd class! I personally would like to see a 10th EB48!

Well i mean in PA, NJ at least the tracks i go to indoors its dead as anything .

Yea I still think though if they did make a 2wd buggy it could be successfull if they do it right but i think they want to stay in the 4wd SC and 1/8 buggy/truggy market .
Old 03-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im in the Buffalo/Rochester area and 4wd 10th is making a come back we have anywhere from 4-8 of them on an average. I people at other tracks around us are asking for 4wd more and more at their local tracks and I know central and eastern NY is growing too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.