Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys. I am new to the forum. My clutch is slipping like no other. I was woundering if someone can provide a link to a site where i can by a centex (sp?) Or if they even make one for our car. thx
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossb
I just posted a page with pictures taken while building my R40. Check it out here.

Sup Ross !. Nice pics. Where did you buy the Centex ??
Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Remy
Hey guys. I am new to the forum. My clutch is slipping like no other. I was woundering if someone can provide a link to a site where i can by a centex (sp?) Or if they even make one for our car. thx
Look no further - Your R40 uses a centax clutch. You should read the previous 2 - 3 pages as someone just posted on this topic.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Holy Crap? I just weighed my racer2 which is only missing its wheels and a servo. Thing weighs 1200.

FH - How much do your ready to go racer2's weigh.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
KLANDERMAN - What pinions are you running?
Stock 2 speed tranny 60T + 22T and 54T + 29T, but sometimes the 54T just gets destoyed???
Old 08-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
Stock 2 speed tranny 60T + 22T and 54T + 29T, but sometimes the 54T just gets destoyed???

.. there goes my theory; oh well.... Thanks for the info. I'll dig into this further.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Holy Crap? I just weighed my racer2 which is only missing its wheels and a servo. Thing weighs 1200.

FH - How much do your ready to go racer2's weigh.
Mine weighs around 1500grams stock, but last wednesday the Rx pack went loose and my car hit a wall going as fast as it could, I broke just about everything and went ahead and ordered a new engine, new servos, new bumper, new A- arms carbon fiber) graphite upper deck, graphite rear tower and a new gas tank. Also ner front bulk. Check it out some pictures of the broken engine, this was upon impact!!!
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dsc00785.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dsc00786.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dsc00788.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dsc00789.jpg  
Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Did you measure the cf brake disc. I also wonder how it performs. Watch out with the cf pad holder. It needs a little more room than stock and its kinda sticky. I need to fix mine a bit more, might even switch back as im sure its dragging a little when driving.
yeah! you need to unscrew it half a turn because they need more room. Now I have not really tried it because I use the one way bearing, so my breaking is not fast. Usually my track is pretty fast, so everyone goes with the one way instead of the solid axle. I'll go ahead and try this weekend the solid axle in the front and try the breakpad holders and the brake disk and let you know.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default r40

Still need to sell this for a friend. has tons of good stuff light weight chassis
novak syn reciever, hpi 1.35 .12 engine, light flywheel alum front knuckles,
some titanium parts. needs strg servo and transmitter to go racing, also comes with starter box and lot of spare parts. 250 shipped.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Finally got a motor for my r40. Got the car last x-mas, and got an .18 cv-r with the starter box and a cheap pipe and header just last week. Finished breaking it in, and the thing just screams off the line. I get 4 wheel burn outs. Handles great. Way better than my rs4 3 and N4tec.
I just bash, thats why I bought an .18. also it was cheap at $89
Old 08-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

for bashing with the r40 get spare belts. Also u should check out 3 racing's 4mm chassi to stiffen up the car if ur not looking to race. Its about $30 i think.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by the-one1
Finally got a motor for my r40. Got the car last x-mas, and got an .18 cv-r with the starter box and a cheap pipe and header just last week. Finished breaking it in, and the thing just screams off the line. I get 4 wheel burn outs. Handles great. Way better than my rs4 3 and N4tec.
I just bash, thats why I bought an .18. also it was cheap at $89
Hey dude, i dont know if you checked out the pics of my broken engine, I went ahead and ordered that same .18 engine for my hpi rs4 2 racer. Im glad it screams lol. I use this car to bash around and mostly to race with friends that have the traxxas gt4 lightened up. My old hpi could not get them on the straight, but on turns I was faster. I cant wait to get the .18... Thanks for the review lol
Old 08-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Remy
Sup Ross !. Nice pics. Where did you buy the Centex ??
Hey Remy,

The stock clutch is a Centax. HPI calls it a "Center Force" but if you look at the design you can see that it is a Centax styled clutch. Your clutch is fully adjustable. It may be slipping because its out of adjustment as a result of some wear.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah that .18 CVR is more meant for trucks....so yeah watch out for the torque guys. Your gonna tear up the tires I bet.

Im looking to get something nasty for my racer2...but not sure what. Im going to definently get back into bashing with that thing...its such a great drive in the street.

Im also modifying my other cv-r right now...im hoping for some cool gains from the motor. The cv-r is easy to mod. Lots of thick metal thats hasnt really been shaped at all.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah that .18 CVR is more meant for trucks....so yeah watch out for the torque guys. Your gonna tear up the tires I bet.

Im looking to get something nasty for my racer2...but not sure what. Im going to definently get back into bashing with that thing...its such a great drive in the street.

Im also modifying my other cv-r right now...im hoping for some cool gains from the motor. The cv-r is easy to mod. Lots of thick metal thats hasnt really been shaped at all.
Yeah it's got to be pure torque lol... I got it because of the price, can't beat $90 USD .18 lol. I hope it gets here fast, so I can bash around. I like to have atleast 2 cars at the track, so that my R-40 don't suffer more than it should...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.