Like Tree80Likes

Tamiya F201

Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I have numerous Tamiya F10x models and a fair collection of F201’s varying from NIB, new build, unfinished projects and totally modified.------------got a front diff case for a f2001 ill buy it from you.....??---Sibrk
Old 06-15-2018, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

i should have a few kicking around, how do I message you directly?

Simon
Old 06-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

you go to your profile and or click my prfoile and it gives you a menu to send a private message
Old 07-05-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Red Bull RB14 on Tamiya's latest F1 body, on F201 chassis.

Bull decals were a little undersized for the body, and I'm not liking the adaptation I had to do for the nose. I'm thinking of slimming down the nose like how the current design appears as, but I still will utilize the nose body post. Painted entirely on the outside and in, for the matte look.

I'll post more pics once, I finish up the body.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finished the body, minus the replica exhaust pipes.

tamiya4life likes this.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Love the Red Bull body update; looks very nice. I will echo that if you decide to sell the gear housings that you would have a buyer's.

​​​​​​I finally purchase a CF chassis, blinged out f201 with the FW24 body. I was ripping around a touring car track today with the brushed motor and NiMH battery from early 2000s... I was able to revive the battery with the help of high end German chargers cycling mode. It's amazing how hot this old stuff gets but it does work.

I have a blinged out 94 YZ10, Trinity Relvolver Pan Car and this F201 and I think the F201 is the most fun to wrench on.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Good buy, I saw that listing on Ebay and it has pretty much everything you'd want hop-up wise.

If I start producing the front and rear gearboxes what material will people want? Standard ABS or some carbon reinforced plastic?

I will likely start selling the diffuser first, then the rear gearbox upper half with upgraded wing mount.

​​​​​​The front I have modeled has no front drive train but I can recreate it in a few days.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

The box should be made of the strongest plastic possible. The reinforced plastics seem like a good material.

BTW I removed the stock wheels and replaced them with Traxxas sedan tires from the Ford GT. I replaced the horrible Tamiya servo saver with a high quality aftermarket saver. I swapped out the Hitec Digital Servo for a Futaba digital servo. Now the car drives nice and true. Ill make a few vids this car is so fun on a touring car track and the drive train makes thing easy...live drifting it around corners.

Last edited by eco8gator; 07-08-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

sweet glad you guys are doing stuff right.. why do you guys suspension arms look liney? are the milled aluminum or 3d printed? also im trying to get the files from the redbull car guy to cnc a diff/gear box if possible if it goes well i could make a couple sets just dont have time to design it??....... i mainly want to dive my car...and cant due to previously broken parts from the guy i bought the chassis from...
Old 07-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Took out the stock brushed motor and esc and replaced it with a 10.5t Gen 3 Tekin and Novak GTB2 I had in my parts bin. I have the absolute smallest pinion installed and even with the NiMH pack it is really fast...I may limit my max throttle setting to stay out of trouble

The motor bairly gets warm and the battery us much cooler. I also like that my GTB2 brakes are much stronger than the one in the Keyence A-07R.

​​​​

Last edited by eco8gator; 07-10-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eco8gator

The box should be made of the strongest plastic possible. The reinforced plastics seem like a good material.

BTW I removed the stock wheels and replaced them with Traxxas sedan tires from the Ford GT. I replaced the horrible Tamiya servo saver with a high quality aftermarket saver. I swapped out the Hitec Digital Servo for a Futaba digital servo. Now the car drives nice and true. Ill make a few vids this car is so fun on a touring car track and the drive train makes thing easy...live drifting it around corners.
Looks like a formula E with those wheels!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello

Yes my suspension arms are metal. Hell if the front and rear gear box housings could be made of 6061 we would be set but I'd settle for high strength plastic with an updated design with improved structure.

Originally Posted by burbanfan72
sweet glad you guys are doing stuff right.. why do you guys suspension arms look liney? are the milled aluminum or 3d printed? also im trying to get the files from the redbull car guy to cnc a diff/gear box if possible if it goes well i could make a couple sets just dont have time to design it??....... i mainly want to dive my car...and cant due to previously broken parts from the guy i bought the chassis from...
Old 07-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

nope 7075 no 6061 its crap generally where did you get the arms???
Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Initiate

I purchased my car in eBay and the arms were included. Not sure where there were sourced.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I finally had the slightest run in with a track barrier and the front gear box mount broke...sure you 201 owners have experienced this before.

I finally got my hand on the part and the design sucks and the material was the worst choice possible.

​​​​​I did some repair to get the gear box back together using some Kevlar and super glue...probably stronger than it was prior to the break.

I bored out the 4 suspension mounting points so I could use a single screw and a lock nut in each location to hold the suspsion arms. Screwing in the self tapping screws puts outward force in the mount and I bet there is a huge stress point where the 2 screws come together in the OEM configuration... A single screw all the way thru is a much smarter configuration...well I'll be testing my theory.theory. I did a test run this evening and it seemed to work through some hard cornering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.