Search

rock crawler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default rock crawler

I have room for a rock crawler track at my track in new jersey if someone can give me info. Just email me at [email protected]
Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default rock crawler track in jersey

I have room at my track for rock Crawler track. if someone can give me info how to build it a run it we can rock just email me at [email protected]
Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/rockcourse/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWeeOchcM4M

If you can combine the foam wood method and the video of the real rock course you will be in good shape...

When I was in TN we went to a private gun club, that a lot of the members were apparently into r/c crawling, and they had a nice track, it was completly round, with a foot print of about 15x20', and you stood in the middle, to get in there was a part of the track that was about 6 1/2' tall where the truck was over your head {that part was just like a bridge, with 2x3's planked so you could see under your truck when looking up... The rest was made with the foam all cut up and airbrushed to look like rocks... There was mirrors on all the walls around it so you could see both sides of your truck, it was pretty impressive, I wish I took pictures....
Good luck, I hear the most important part is having a few trucks of different scales there to test it as you build it...
Also they use some loose tires to make tire grooves and tire traps, that add some difficulty to the course...

Last edited by turb06le240; 05-12-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You def. want different scale trucks there to test as you build! I made that mistake last week lol. I was building a course out of clay, sand, rocks and wood...I had my Honcho in the pickup but didnt think about testing anything out. I built the course big and bad...and then I got off the bobcat and thought...Oh Shhh! We have a hell of a time crawling the hills b/c the angles and height are too much. Naturally the comp. rigs will do it easy, but scalers have a hard time...I ended up breaking my honcho trying to climb some of my stuff lol. The course may look small when you're done, but even the smaller obstacles can be a blast!