Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for recommendations on 1/10th nitro tires brand

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Looking for recommendations on 1/10th nitro tires brand

Title says it all. I used to run with GRPs and I think these are hard to find now. I'd like to pick up a stable brand with decent performance and prices, readily available in the US....

Any recommendations?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arboleda
Title says it all. I used to run with GRPs and I think these are hard to find now. I'd like to pick up a stable brand with decent performance and prices, readily available in the US....

Any recommendations?
You are going to get a dozen different answers here.
Kyosho Red Box are as good or better than any other tire. They are not a budget tire. Basically it is the same as Kawahara (on a different rim)... except you can still get Red Box.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
You are going to get a dozen different answers here.
Kyosho Red Box are as good or better than any other tire. They are not a budget tire. Basically it is the same as Kawahara (on a different rim)... except you can still get Red Box.
that he will. but with experience, its more rim design that makes the most difference . i have used many tires, many brands, Ufra tires are very good, but impossible (if they are still made) to find. i used kawahara, twister, matrix, Xceed, and Capricorn. all in the last 4 months. all same shores, with out major setup changes. Xceed , Good grip, average tire wear. Capricorn, great grip, tire wear more than Xceed. Matrix ok grip, less tire wear than most brands.
twister and kawahara were all inbetween these brands.
its more what you can get for the right price, and some setup changes are required when switching between brands. the Velocity rim from capricorn was very good. most light rims, arent as good for the average driver, as they are fragile , and most likely crack rims in accidents. more for the experinced driver who races with out incidents mostly.

a good all round tire i believe would have to be (my opinion) the Capricorn Velocity rim.

but many will have different opinions. Good luck with choice.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tle says it all. I used to run with GRPs and I think these are hard to find now. I'd like to pick up a stable brand with decent performance and prices, readily available in the US....

Any recommendations?
I would Get Johns Bsr Us Made Always Freash And Can Get Them Fast
Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ipanema has a 1/10 scale tire. I have not run them but if they are like the 1/8th scale GT tire they will be the tire to have.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:08 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any recommendations?
GRP's are easy to find. Just buy direct from them. Click here

For what its worth, Kyosho Red Box tires are my pick!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Do you know if orders destined for the us ship from Italy? Or does grp have a warehouse in the us as well?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They ship from Italy, and the cost is HIGH. I emailed them if they had any US distributors and the reply was the don't have any but I could order directly from them. Just the shipping for 2 sets of 1/8th GT tires would be $45........
Old 04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
that he will. but with experience, its more rim design that makes the most difference . i have used many tires, many brands, Ufra tires are very good, but impossible (if they are still made) to find. i used kawahara, twister, matrix, Xceed, and Capricorn. all in the last 4 months. all same shores, with out major setup changes. Xceed , Good grip, average tire wear. Capricorn, great grip, tire wear more than Xceed. Matrix ok grip, less tire wear than most brands.
twister and kawahara were all inbetween these brands.
its more what you can get for the right price, and some setup changes are required when switching between brands. the Velocity rim from capricorn was very good. most light rims, arent as good for the average driver, as they are fragile , and most likely crack rims in accidents. more for the experinced driver who races with out incidents mostly.

a good all round tire i believe would have to be (my opinion) the Capricorn Velocity rim.

but many will have different opinions. Good luck with choice.
Did you compare standard Jaco nitro shoes to these other tires? I'm leaning a little bit towards Jacos because they are so easy to find.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Since we will probably race against each other may I recommend Pink Tapers....
Old 04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

...ok... I really liked Twister Tires... the US distributor is working on a new line that should be available in May...ish....
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Their prices look nice but everything is listed as out of stock, I guess that's where that May shipment comes into play?

So what chassis are you running this year, Bill? MTX-4R? I'm building up my MTX-4R in the next week or two.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Did you compare standard Jaco nitro shoes to these other tires? I'm leaning a little bit towards Jacos because they are so easy to find.
i have used the std jaco, but not the prism. i found the jaco ok, but took longer to work. would have to do the full warm up to get them to feel good at the start of the race. the Capricorns worked right away , as well as the Xceed, Matrix only took a lap or 2.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

So what chassis are you running this year, Bill? MTX-4R?
Well it is a Mtx4 with improvements... I didn't move to the R as I was waiting for the class to stay more active and then I could justify the new version.

Back to Twister. Kevin told me that the new tires would/should be available for Nationals in June. That is why I am thinking May..ish.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

i ussually get my foams from the HK sites.

atm using matrix.

xceeds were way too fragile for me.. the rears were ok, but the front would break over a small hit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.