Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight T tools

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight T tools

My buddy has a Losi 8ight T and is looking to start taking it apart to do some serious maintenance on it. What he's wondering is exactly what kind of tools does it use. I really have no knowledge one way or the other and am on here asking on his behalf cause he's too lazy to make an account himself. Anyway, does it use standard or metric hexes and so on.

Thank you.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yenlo
My buddy has a Losi 8ight T and is looking to start taking it apart to do some serious maintenance on it. What he's wondering is exactly what kind of tools does it use. I really have no knowledge one way or the other and am on here asking on his behalf cause he's too lazy to make an account himself. Anyway, does it use standard or metric hexes and so on.

Thank you.
they are standard BUT do your self a favor and grab a 2mm hex driver as well for the wheel hexes. Its a 5/64 set screw but it strips half the time. I was told about this trick and have rebuilt both my buggy and truggy and didnt have one screw strip while using a 2mm.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

yea ive heard about that also and got a 2mm for that! but just get a set of standards like he said and you will be good. for now i just use the cheapo dynamite drivers but anything will do.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool, thank you very much for the quick replies.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

If you plan on staying in this hobby for a long time dont waste your time or money on cheap hex. Ive had proline,losi,integy,craftsman they best one out of those were the proline but they wore to fast. and now i own hudy, best investment ever made

Its pricey buy grab the hudy set. this set has all the ones you need plus some. It included a 2.5 which works great if you strip a 3/35 screw,

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...iver-Set-8-pcs
Old 09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

When I intially started I got a Slash, I was on a pretty tight budget and ended up buying the Dynamite's cuase they were cheap. Eventually yes I'd like to get a set of the Hudy's, but for now the Dynamites are holding up ok. Just another thing in the book in my head of all the stuff I want to get lol.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Standard
Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi_racer
they are standard BUT do your self a favor and grab a 2mm hex driver as well for the wheel hexes. Its a 5/64 set screw but it strips half the time. I was told about this trick and have rebuilt both my buggy and truggy and didnt have one screw strip while using a 2mm.
I've never heard of this and it hasn't happened to me
Old 09-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by offroad racer
I've never heard of this and it hasn't happened to me
and yet you have a rtr and that means you havent had it long. Have you even changed the bearings?