Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
http://www.redrc.net/2012/11/spec-r-...Car+News+DF%29

New parts starting to come through...
Awesome! I just got my R1 in the mail last night and started to build it and was wondering if they'd come out with a central mounted servo mount...nice!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Although i'm considering to buy the new tamiya TRF417WX this chassis (R1) is looking great and with all the new parts becoming available i'm not so sure to spend that much money on the TRF417wx version.
This car costs half the price of the tamiya and that's why this car is so interesting
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

to be honest this car practically is the tamiya. i would recommend just getting the r1. and buy a bunch of tires with the extra money and spares. this car has the same suspension geometry as the tamiya.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
I wasn't able to resist and I pulled the trigger this morning on an S1 kit. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my Sakura Zero S.
Sweet, be sure to keep us posted on how you like the S1 version.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a direct email for someone at spec-r? I have been trying to get in contact with them for days but haven't had any luck. Could you pm the email address if possible?

Thanks

Chris
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Blog updated with a couple more pictures
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Sweet, be sure to keep us posted on how you like the S1 version.
Having built and raced the Sakura Zero S, I should be able to give my impressions on the build, quality and raceability between the two. We'll see once the kit arrives.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro rat
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a direct email for someone at spec-r? I have been trying to get in contact with them for days but haven't had any luck. Could you pm the email address if possible?

Thanks

Chris
I just used the contact form on their website found in the contact us section - they got back to me really quick. If you used that and it didn't work, perhaps try again or with another email address.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Took the plunge and ordered the S1. My local track is *very* low grip and with a full carbon car, you end up taking off the swaybars and running very soft on the suspension settings, so I'm hoping the more flexy chassis material and plastic bulkheads wil generate a lot of grip anyway. The last car I had runnng superb there was a HB Cyclone S, before I went silly and threw a lot of the 3Racing catalog at it. Just hoping someone in the UK will pick up distribution of the car.

What (if anything) is being broken on the R1? Need to get some spares in, just in case. Otherwise, what bits from other cars will fit (thinking arms, hubs etc)?
So far I've only managed to break the Outer Hinge Pin once from a super hard slam into a wooden fence completely off the track. Other than that, no breakages reported at all. As mentioned a couple of posts up from yours you'll want to get some flanged bearings for the layshaft.

As far as parts swap-a-ability, Looks like Xray Belts and DCJ's work great on it. The Diff/spool and springs are also Xray. The Arms I'm not sure on but if you manage to break these arms you probably need to take a break from racing anyway lol. The Layshaft is TOP so you can use the top center pulleys. I was looking last night and I could have sworn the roll vars for the car were the exact same size and shape as those from the Photon as well, I forgot to get one from the other guy and test fit it as it was past midnight when I left the track.

www.ReflexRacing.net and TQRCRacing.com both carry spares. Reflex is a smaller shop so they have a few less items but Christian is expanding his stock as fast as he can so check back often for even more items.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro rat
Hi guys,

Thanks

Chris
Spec-R Customers Services <[email protected]> is where I got the Fastest Help. Sang was the reps name I worked with and he got be sorted out fast. Please be aware they are in HK so they are probably asleep when you email if you are in the US.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Blog updated with a couple more pictures
Looking Good Luke! Glad you are blogging about this awesome car, not enough people know how good it really is yet!

Originally Posted by SteveM
Having built and raced the Sakura Zero S, I should be able to give my impressions on the build, quality and raceability between the two. We'll see once the kit arrives.
I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the S1 Vs. the Sakura! Keep us posted!

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Although i'm considering to buy the new tamiya TRF417WX this chassis (R1) is looking great and with all the new parts becoming available i'm not so sure to spend that much money on the TRF417wx version.
This car costs half the price of the tamiya and that's why this car is so interesting
Jeff said it best, the R1 is all the pluses of the Tamiya, xray, etc at half the cost but you get fantastic quality and durability along with a superb handling car that leaves very little room for complaints. (layshaft not having flanged bearings Is my only complaint. and it's less than $10USD to correct so even that is a stretch)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Thanks for your help guys, I have sent emails to Cristian and am just waiting a reply. Also emailed Spec-R
Old 11-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know the car is just released, and a couple hopups are in the works, but any word on a Aluminum front spool?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

My track is low to med traction so I am going to try running tamiya emulsion bleeder caps on the shocks.for.the.next race. I will let you guys know how it goes. They are supposed to be more consistant and provide more traction for low grip conditions. I also have some titanium and alum screws I ordered from fastener-express.com they are really great priced check it out.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darrin70
I know the car is just released, and a couple hopups are in the works, but any word on a Aluminum front spool?
I'm sure they will release one bit in the mean time you can put in an aftermarket alum xray spool . They drop right in. I have a composite dray one in my car right now and is flawless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.