Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Out door track in Richmond, BC!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

im an rc newbie, ive got a team tc3 electric, i was hoping to get some track time to get used to driving on a track. what should i do? btw im in burnaby and yes i know where lansdowne is
Old 03-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
im an rc newbie, ive got a team tc3 electric, i was hoping to get some track time to get used to driving on a track. what should i do? btw im in burnaby and yes i know where lansdowne is
Well...besides Richmond there is also Apollo hobbies that puts up a track on lougheed hwy...They said they are going to start setting up in April too. They do the weekend things and keep the track out till Sunday late usually...weather permitting...

But if you want to get started in the sport...all I can say is practice, practice, practice...There are a bunch of other races going on as well around town. People are generally pretty helpful if they are in the RC scene and for sure direct you in the right direction...from learning to going to club races and trophy races. Just come out and get familiar with the people and for sure you will find out about more places to get your driving urges out of ya. Depends how far you want to take this sport.

Hope this helps.

Samson
Old 03-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

can you tell us here? where in vancouver will there be events/races/tracks?

also, i want to make sure i can run my car at the track cause i know other ppl can have the same frequency as you. so if i register earlier, i might get priority
Old 03-18-2004, 11:33 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by QuickSilver1024

also, i want to make sure i can run my car at the track cause i know other ppl can have the same frequency as you. so if i register earlier, i might get priority
There are not many tracks /races/events in Vancouver. To my knowledge, within close proximity, the only tracks are Apollo and Landsdown (for nitro). I wouldnt condier Abbotsford or Renton relatively close, but they are still an option.

About the frequency, people there are generally pretty fair when it comes to play time and everyone works to ensure that everyone else gets the same play time. So don't worry, everyone will get about the same run time if problems do arise.
But generally, since there are not that many players, the frequency problem is not that serious.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

it's a good investment to get an extra set or two crystals of different bands
Old 03-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah...B's right...the only places I know about that provide nitro close to Vancouver is Apollo and Landsdowne.

The frequency issue shouldn't be a big deal...You could protect your frequency by having different crystals or pretty much share the band with someone. All you have to do is shout out your frequency and ask if anyone is using it at the moment and go from there...people are generally pretty nice about this...other than the newbies turning on radios when they really shouldn't be...I usually works out.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:30 PM
B
Tech Master

Hey Stradith,

Do you know which part of landsdown's parking lot will the track be located? I heard that it will be placed at a "corner place" because of the natural concrete barriors

However, there are parts of lasndown's parking lot that have better surface and are much cleaner than other ones. So, will you guys pick one that is best? Or are there other restrictions. if you guys need people to help pick the best surface patch, I will be more than willing to help on sat.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks B, but we are restricted to the back end of Lansdowne. It is on the opposite side of No. 3 Rd. You'll be sure to hear the engines reving when you get there. Looks like it is going to be sunny and we will be setting up at 5 pm.

Yeah, we have to use the concrete side walk as part of the barrier, because we are restricted with the use of boards we have. Plus its on the straight anyways, it is a better chance you won't hit on that side. ....but things do happen

Hope to see you guys all out there!

Samson
Old 03-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

ive never heard of apollo before...where exactly is it?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by stradith
Looks like it is going to be sunny and we will be setting up at 5 pm.
Wouldn't it start to get dark real soon after 5pm, especially this time of the year?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

ok so should i call ken from indy hobbies and ask for details and such?....wait are any of you Ken? How is the nitro/electric gonna work?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Blue Sky
Wouldn't it start to get dark real soon after 5pm, especially this time of the year?
it stays relatively bright past 6 now....
Old 03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

sweeeet...one hour of good run-time
Old 03-19-2004, 01:04 PM
B
Tech Master

ive never heard of apollo before...where exactly is it?
www.apollohobbies.com

the address is on the website. It is in burnaby
Old 03-19-2004, 01:04 PM
B
Tech Master

sweeeet...one hour of good run-time
it should be longer than one hour!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.