Search

D8 or 808, mbx6, mp9, 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mugen

i have the mugen and the 808.

i thought of selling my 808, but to see people buying them for half the price makes me feel ripped off.

anyway. i do agree the mbx6 is bulit like a brink, i was lucky to get mine before the price hike so managed to buy it at 350£.

the 808 is awesome, u wont need to modify any thing and make it heavier.

only thing is probably the quick change mount, if u not keen , just make sure u lock tight all the screws surrounding the engine.

it will loosen and eat the spur gear
Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DWood
Read the post. I stated a fact he didnt like, so he went out of his way to try and dispell the truth. The car that you buy from the shop isnt in no way going to be as close to the one that won the worlds. As far as the team drivers lieing. I never said that. I am sure that they tell the truth about what changes have done to the car. But it wouldnt be good buisness for a company to say " Well we won the worlds with a car you cant own" when they are trying sell a product. That is called marketing. Its sells better when people such as D8 think they can run down to the shop and buy the car Hara won with. Then on the topic of team drivers. Im sure that they wont come out and say " well the car I drive is a POS and I wish I could get better" so here we are in this stupid debate over a $350 lowend buggy. I was stating the facts so the topic starter can understand the facts. Me myself only play in the highend because you get what you pay for. Not trying to get into a flames war but never shy away from the challenge.
wood... you posted that Hara's D8 at the worlds is not the same that you buy at the store... duhhh, everybody knows that., "maybe not the new guys"... i don't care what setup those guys run at the track, and I never said that you can buy the same buggy at the shop, because you CAN'T.. and I just said that as an FYI to new guys... I posted what those guys run based on what they say on net,reports and pictures, and what they said, pics & reports are pretty damn accurate.. when you are around the rc world for a while and it is pretty simple to see what parts Tom & Jerry run when you see pics of a buggy with out the shell.. I had my D8 weeks before the worlds champ race, I don't buy a buggy because the thing wins a race... I tried a few different buggies when I went to my cousin's house up in ILL.. and the buggy a wanted to have was the 808, but I didn't have the $ to pay for one, and the D8 was a buggy that felt pretty damn good.. to be honest I see the 808 as the best buggy in the market.. having a good buggy helps but the drivers is the one that wins the race and not a million dollar buggy...
NOTE: at the worlds champ race 1/3 of the field were D8's or a lowend buggy like you said.. so the lowend buggy seems to run pretty good...

I only buy fuel,plugs and tires at the LHS, anything else I go online...

Last edited by D8; 11-18-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by D8
wood... you posted that Hara's D8 at the worlds is not the same that you buy at the store... duhhh, everybody knows that., "maybe not the new guys"... i don't care what setup those guys run at the track, and I never said that you can buy the same buggy at the shop, because you CAN'T.. as an FYI to other people, I posted what those guy run based on what they said, reports and pictures, and what they said, pics & reports are pretty damn accurate.. I've been around the rc world for a while and it is pretty simple to see what parts Tom & Jerry run when you see pics of a buggy with out the shell.. I had my D8 weeks before the worlds champ race, I don't buy a buggy because the thing wins a race... I tried a few different buggies when I went to my cousin's house up in ILL.. and the buggy a wanted to have was the 808, but I didn't have the $ to pay for one, and the D8 was a buggy that felt pretty damn good.. to be honest I see the 808 as the best buggy in the market.. having a good buggy helps but the drivers is the one that wins the race and not a million dollar buggy...
NOTE: at the worlds champ race 1/3 of the field were D8's or a lowend buggy like you said.. so the lowend buggy seems to run pretty good...

I do agree for the money, that you get a descent buggy with the D8. In direct comparison of performance with the top 4, its slightly behind. I think they will release a "Hara" edition that will be 1/2 pound lighter and have the upgrades needed to put this car near the top. For now, its a bang for the buck class of buggy, and for sportsman class racing, actually its not a bad choice.

To those who just got/decided on the Xray's,... good choice! I'm sure by the time you finish the build you will already know what we are talking about with precision and quality.

I do have some quick recommendations:

1. Go with 5000K oil in the center diff for the first build, (helps plant the rear until break in of the drive train is complete). Diffs 5K 5K 2K to start.
2. After you wear out the brakes, replace with Xray Carbon Fiber or AVID disc's.
3. Use the "new" Xray 19x13 or AVID bearings in the center bulkhead locations, and change like every two gallons.
4. Don't use liquids to clean the 808, just air it off and dry brush a little.

Thats it! Have fun and practice like crazy!

Ohh.. and the first time you launch a jump,.... watch out this buggy is light!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

As far as Amain and Tower goes.....they don't have a track that I race on locally. So if my LHS struggles and goes under, how is it going to make me feel with all these cars laying around the house knowing I saved all this money.

I havn't always been this way. Just had a change of heart. Support your LHS and they'll make the track nice for you!! Not all cases, but for the most part, yes.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Again.....Xray is legit. Fit and finish is second to none. That point has been covered here.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D8
wood... you posted that Hara's D8 at the worlds is not the same that you buy at the store... duhhh, everybody knows that., "maybe not the new guys"... i don't care what setup those guys run at the track, and I never said that you can buy the same buggy at the shop, because you CAN'T.. and I just said that as an FYI to new guys... I posted what those guys run based on what they say on net,reports and pictures, and what they said, pics & reports are pretty damn accurate.. when you are around the rc world for a while and it is pretty simple to see what parts Tom & Jerry run when you see pics of a buggy with out the shell.. I had my D8 weeks before the worlds champ race, I don't buy a buggy because the thing wins a race... I tried a few different buggies when I went to my cousin's house up in ILL.. and the buggy a wanted to have was the 808, but I didn't have the $ to pay for one, and the D8 was a buggy that felt pretty damn good.. to be honest I see the 808 as the best buggy in the market.. having a good buggy helps but the drivers is the one that wins the race and not a million dollar buggy...

Que voilens(sp?)
Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 AM
D8
Tech Master