Community
Wiki Posts
Search

N-Control Austin -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default N-Control Austin -- Video

The final day of the n-control championship. Large trophies were given out afterwards. It was a action packed affair. First time for the Rode stereo mic and I think you'll agree its a big improvement. In fact this first vid is a short one I put together to see how the audio sounded. Had to do a bunch of stuff today so I didn't have time to do a longer one. But I'll get to work on the mains tomorrow.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/NCRC-Test-128-85.html

Griz
Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

the audio sounds great man and I love the smaller size...it doesn't make me feel so bad when I'm slacking off at work and it's easier to cover up
Old 12-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yea I'm pleased with it for sure

Yea it has a nice fat sound. And the stereo image is good as well. Can't really tell it that much on these clips but in some other places where the cars are passing in front of me its pretty dramatic. It has a 10 year guarantee on it so I expect it will last as long as I'm shooting video. I always get a little worried when I plunk down that much cash and can't try it out first but some of their demo videos convinced me that it would work fine. What I really like about it is no wind noise that I can find anywhere on the tapes and it was windy that day. You can hear it on the other camera I had mounted on the oval track. They run oval and off-road the same day. I clamped a camera on the end of the drivers stand on the oval to get some shots. That new size is 85% of the full sized one. Its a little lighter on the bandwidth too. You can also copy the url and put it in the player of your choice to play those files. But you need to use the download url. That might be even better for slacking As you can resize that puppy. Instead of play file pick play url off the file menu.

Griz
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

Default Qualifying

Ok here we go. First up is a montage of qualifying races. Same deal as the test video. Ambient sound turn it UP!!. I'll be starting on the mains later in the day. Didn't get the full sized one encoded yet I'll put that one in when I'm through uploading this version. So I"ll have to add that link tomorrow.

Embedded
http://www.promofo-racing.org/NCRC-Q...ng-128-85.html

Griz
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

great vids!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow....the new mic really sounds great! I didn't notice the lack of wind noise until you mentioned it, Griz. It sounds like I'm standing next to the track though! Love it!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Default It was plenty windy

The other camera I had on the oval drivers stand picked up massive wind noise all day. That tape is pretty much useless. The wind blows a lot here and wind noise supression was one of the main things I was looking for. If you go to the rodemic.com website there is a demo vid of a heli with the motor running. You can hear the beating of the rotors but no wind noise. That pretty much convinced me that it would do the job. I can't wait to hear it when its mounted on a better camera with real level controls instead of an automatic gain. Hopefully that will happen in the spring. I have a Klipsch 400 watt THX system on my puter. Its awesome. I'd love to go with surround sound but its very expensive right now. But when holophone gets its camcorder mic out I'm sure going to take a look. Their matrix encoding mic is about 2K. Has full 5.1 sound and records onto the video tape in a matrix format so you can get it back off when editing. http://www.holophone.com/consumer1.html

Griz
Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Super sick videos as usual! Your new gear sounds great. Now there is great sound to go with the great video. Congrats and thanks for your efforts. Really enjoyed watching them.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Default Nitro Nuts Its feeding time :)

Ok I told the guys at n-control I'd do a video that was as close to full coverage of a race as I could get. The actual race was a 30 minute one. The video is 23minutes and change. A looong edit But the shuttle really speeds things up. I can almost do everything with the shuttle not having to use the keyboard and mouse is a real help. Just need to tweak the buttons I have set up a bit. The jog wheel sure makes it easy to find stuff in the raw footage too. It will go super fast much faster than fast forward. And there is a 1x or 2x speed on the playback button as well. Its amazing how much time it saves. This file is a whopper 5 gig raw 204mb compressed. Its uploading now and the links will be active around noon central today.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/NCRC-Buggy-128-85.html

Just did the smaller one for now. It took 5 hours for this one to encode. Would have taken almost 9 to do them both so I'll set up the other one later on in the week and update the post with the download link.

Griz
Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Pics of the video rig

Here are some quick shots of the video rig I've been running my mouth about lately

To say I'm proud of it is a big understatement

Griz
Old 12-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Nice Fu%$ing Video!!! Luv that $hi*!!! Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately, my local track is flooded from last week rain. It looks like I may not be racing til next year (Jan 08)!!! Unless I travel about 90 miles...
Old 12-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default It was like that here in the spring

I live in the town that was all over the news last spring for getting 20 inches of rain overnight. It messed up every track around. They didn't just have to clean up they had to bring in dirt and basically start over. It seemed like it went on forever I ended up going to houston to film the races at Gulf Coast because its covered so they ran anyways. The Lampassas drag race was a few days after the 'big one'. We were rained on that day too.

I bought a piece of software I've been wanting for awhile today. Its a particle generator for special effects. You can download the program and use it right away so I built up a nice effect for my next video that I'll post around midnight. I think I might start posting them all at midnight Anyways this effect is killer and I just got the program and was able to put it together right off. Tried another one and it looked almost good to go but I decided to wait until I go again so I can get some shots specifically for the effect so it will look perfect. There are hundreds of emitters so you can create an unlimited number of effects. Fire water globs sand storms clouds you name it you can do it. I especially like the explosions and fire parts If you want cool explosions you have to use a good particle generator.

Griz
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Would that be Particle Illusion?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

So where's the download link? Great job, my daughter and I enjoy your videos. I hope to be in one since I am planning on racing occasionally in San Antonio. Not sure though, I am so fast not sure if you can keep up
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes that is the one

Particle illusion SE. I can't afford the full blown version. The encoder is running slow as molasses tonight. On the second pass it slowed way down to 1.5 frames a second so the whole thing is going to take over 6 hours to encode. I gotta get a dual core and more ram to do these longer videos.

I've followed lipo brushless rails that went from 0-103mph in 1.3 seconds and change. With a monopod. With my improved rig I can keep up with anyone. Still about an hour before its encoded then I'll have to upload it and it looks like its another 200 megger. So its going to be late tonight when its finally ready to view. Here is the link I'm going to use though.

www.promofo-racing.org/NCRC-Truggy-128-85.html

I'll stay with it until its uploaded. Close to 2am looks like

Griz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.