Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

I ran my CRC Pantoura all last summer in the generic pan car class. The best was the endurance race we had, 45 minutes with two drivers. We ran a Novak brushless, blistering fast and great run times. We guess that the top speed down the straight was about 55-60 range.

Old 02-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to see gearbox pan cars to be back too. I want to see the manufacturing starts making the body more scale looking such as the ones that Tamiya and Kyosho were doing in the past.

I don't disagree with Track's idea of classes, but in the beginning, I want the classes to be compact and wide meaning two type of batteries selection: 6-cell with 27T Roar stock and 4 cell with 19t (quad magnet allowed). Body style is going to be limited to three: Lemans/GT1, GTS/GT2, Indy/F1.

Therefore the class will be:
*Lemans/GT1 6 cell stock and 4 cell mod
*GTS/GT2 6 cell stock and 4 cell mod
*Indy/F1 6 cell stock and 4 cell mod (when possible)

Based on the whole year of open competition then organizing body will determine how to lay out the new structure of rules. It is then where you can expand the classes to the necessary needs such driver classifications, etc.

that's just me....
Old 02-13-2004, 01:21 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
Why bother with all of this when you can run 1/12th....for 8 minutes!
I like 1/12th scale a lot, but outdoors, I prefer 1/10th scale, because it's faster and more forgiving going over flaws in the track's surface.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

guys keep in mind the idea is to start something if you make to many choices it will steer people away the cars are meant to be faster then a tc with 4 cell it wont and i am sorry these cars were never meant to be slow and the way to make the class attract people the old and new is for the speed and the realisim of comparing them to modern day wsc cars and lemans prototypes. those cars are faster then a gt car.

guys the idea of of a four cell car shouldnt be blown off but right now iam sure trackdesigner wants to get a race going keeping it a simple formula is the way to go. 12 scale 4cell stock and mod are acceptable because its what we race now as far as pro ten it needs to be a six cell class it is the only way we'll get a comeback if any.
maybe ristricting the motors to 12 dbls
might be the reasonable thing to do but four cell na we tried that here in florida and everybody said screw it.
that was the nail in the coffen!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
guys keep in mind the idea is to start something if you make to many choices it will steer people away the cars are meant to be faster then a tc with 4 cell it wont and i am sorry these cars were never meant to be slow and the way to make the class attract people the old and new is for the speed and the realisim of comparing them to modern day wsc cars and lemans prototypes. those cars are faster then a gt car.

guys the idea of of a four cell car shouldnt be blown off but right now iam sure trackdesigner wants to get a race going keeping it a simple formula is the way to go. 12 scale 4cell stock and mod are acceptable because its what we race now as far as pro ten it needs to be a six cell class it is the only way we'll get a comeback if any.
maybe ristricting the motors to 12 dbls
might be the reasonable thing to do but four cell na we tried that here in florida and everybody said screw it.
that was the nail in the coffen!
You make a very valid point speedxl. With that in mind here are the classes:

(all Pro 10 classes are 6 cell)

Pro10 stock
Pro10 19t touring/gt1 (bods like the Toyota GT1 TS020 and the Porsche 911 GT1. Tamiya F103LMs fit in this category)
Pro10 Mod (MarkA mentioned earlier that they have mod with open motor no problem. We can discuss this in detail in a chat or something later)

(Pro12 and 12th scale are the same thing)

Pro12 4 cell stock
Pro12 4 cell mod
Pro12 6 cell stock
Pro12 6 cell mod (for all the old school racers)

That sound better?
Old 02-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

Pro 10 racing was great. Bring them back.

Son Josh and I still have our cars. Josh ran a Corally C10X. I ran an RC10. Brilliant. We haven't touched them for 3 or 4 years.

Five minute races with 10 turn motors and 3300s. Brilliant. Can't wait!

Shall I start dusting them?

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Guys, dont forget. 12th scale cars are pan cars too!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

trackdesigner thats perfect i think we can actually get some sponsors for this race when we talk later we can discuss the details and would be happy to volinteer my time to help you.

i know bullfrog and i dont see eye to eye with him on a few things! but iam sure we can burry the grudge to get something like this to happen track designer bullfrog is our region director for roar here in florida pluss he has alot of contacts in the r/c industry! lets see if he can help he loves these cars as much as all of us and was one of the few roar officials against the dropping of the pancars from the national rouster!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I love how you guys are taking this class from the near nothing there is today to 3 different classes for just 6 cells.

At our local track, they will be 4 cell, stock motors and 1/10th pan cars. The though is lower cost, lighter car and hopefully easier on the tires adding to the lower cost.

Blake
Old 02-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

i think the idea of the 19t class is just to have an inbetween class because of people talking about i think track designer is shooting ideas out at us to see what the people want. so Dr if you have a suggestion please feal free i think we arent going to bash you infact i like the way everyone has handled themselves so far without bashing each others ideas in a rude maner it is nice so far guys keep it up!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How can I get this car? were can you buy it.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

gijoe type academyhobby.com and do a search i found that it takes you to a bunch of sites that contain this car.

if you look in the magazines its the same guys that sell the sp3 12 scale ready to run.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by gijoe64
How can I get this car? were can you buy it.
Go to www.modelrec.com They are the American distributor for this company. You can probably special order it there
Old 02-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

i thought mrc didnt handle these anymore?
Old 02-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
the cars are meant to be faster then a tc with 4 cell it wont and i am sorry these cars were never meant to be slow and the way to make the class attract people the old and new is for the speed and the realisim of comparing them to modern day wsc cars and lemans prototypes. those cars are faster then a gt car.

All I have to say is

What we "sell" with the class here is mod. TC speed for less than stock TC $$$. Don't underestimate or kill that aspect as a draw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.