Search

Who Wants To Come Over?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Who Wants To Come Over?

I need some help. i cant get the car to run full power forwards it goes like heck in reverse. ive tried reversing the wires, reversing the ESC which is a mamba monster pro and on my TX.. and it seems no matter what i do, if i pull the trigger its slow if i push, it goes... and ive been trying for the last hour to reprogram the ESC but it just sits there and beeps red...and on top of it all, ive had this car for 3 months and just figured this out and i cant head out to any local tracks for support because i dont have a car.. so if anyone is in the East Mesa Area and wants to help out i got some beers and could get some McDonalds..thanks
my number is 480-216-0108 name is Bob. and if your a freak please go to CL, this is not that kinda ad
Old 07-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZBOB
I need some help. i cant get the car to run full power forwards it goes like heck in reverse. ive tried reversing the wires, reversing the ESC which is a mamba monster pro and on my TX.. and it seems no matter what i do, if i pull the trigger its slow if i push, it goes... and ive been trying for the last hour to reprogram the ESC but it just sits there and beeps red...and on top of it all, ive had this car for 3 months and just figured this out and i cant head out to any local tracks for support because i dont have a car.. so if anyone is in the East Mesa Area and wants to help out i got some beers and could get some McDonalds..thanks
my number is 480-216-0108 name is Bob. and if your a freak please go to CL, this is not that kinda ad
If this is a sensored motor make sure you have the motor and speed controller wires from A to A, B to B and C to C. I have encountered this problem on another motor and this solved the problem. Let me know
Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

more information is needed.

What is your transmitter?
If it is a spektrum, you need set your Throttle and Brake Travel to 150%, sub-trim to zero on T&B and re-calibrate your ESC. Make sure you start off with the throttle setting in the normal position and not reversed.

I assume you have you have the complete MM 1/8 ESC/brushless motor system. Castle doesn't make a sensored system. Once you do the above calibration, and it is still running in reverse. Try switching the middle and one of the outside wires instead of leaving the middle wire from the middle of the motor in the middle of the ESC. It sounds goofy but I have found this to work when I am hooking up a "pre-wired" motor.

If all else fails, I am sure you can get help from your local hobby shop where you bought the system.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nta01
more information is needed.

What is your transmitter?
If it is a spektrum, you need set your Throttle and Brake Travel to 150%, sub-trim to zero on T&B and re-calibrate your ESC. Make sure you start off with the throttle setting in the normal position and not reversed.

I assume you have you have the complete MM 1/8 ESC/brushless motor system. Castle doesn't make a sensored system. Once you do the above calibration, and it is still running in reverse. Try switching the middle and one of the outside wires instead of leaving the middle wire from the middle of the motor in the middle of the ESC. It sounds goofy but I have found this to work when I am hooking up a "pre-wired" motor.

If all else fails, I am sure you can get help from your local hobby shop where you bought the system.
It is a castle esc. castle does have a sensor port.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sparky4u
It is a castle esc. castle does have a sensor port.
I was speaking of their ESC/Motor combo system.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nta01
I was speaking of their ESC/Motor combo system.
Heres what I got. MMP esc, tecon motor, FS-GT3 radio (flysky = hobbypartz)
The end points on the TX only go to 100. I can't get the ESC to reprogram, I hold the throttle down turn on the ESC and all I get is red blinking lights no beeps. I did read last night that some people turned turned reverse up to 100% and forward down to 50% and fixed it that way.. Gonna try that when I get home. Is there away to erase the MMP memory? Thanks guys
Old 08-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Well, i tried everything again. nothing worked. i did notice on my TX theres a function called display, it has 3 lines. ST, TH, AUX. when i turn the wheel right/left the ST line moves that way. then for the TH, when i hit the throttle the line for acceleration goes really, REALLY SLOW. when i hit reverse it fills up almost instantly. so im guessing thats the problem. ive changed just about everything on the TX twice trying to get that to change. but no dice.. thinking its something to do with the endpoint program on the ESC. but it seems i cant get that to program..
Old 08-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Did you reset all the radio settings like expo, ect.. before you tried it?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AZBOB
Well, i tried everything again. nothing worked. i did notice on my TX theres a function called display, it has 3 lines. ST, TH, AUX. when i turn the wheel right/left the ST line moves that way. then for the TH, when i hit the throttle the line for acceleration goes really, REALLY SLOW. when i hit reverse it fills up almost instantly. so im guessing thats the problem. ive changed just about everything on the TX twice trying to get that to change. but no dice.. thinking its something to do with the endpoint program on the ESC. but it seems i cant get that to program..
Take your stuff to one of your local hobby shop's.. I am sure they will get you going in no time.

What side of town do you live in?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Good news. I got it going full speed. i think it was something in th TX not letting my ESC find the endpoint, and im not quite sure what the hell i did so lets hope it sticks.. the bad news..the first blast down the parking lot i tore a tire from the rim(street tire) after a re-glue i took a couple rips up/down the parking lot and it screams. so i took a couple runs at the speed bump, it was nose heavy so i made some shock adj and you guesses it, landed with the shinny side down. broke the both the plastic things that hold the front shocks on. but im ok with that, off to the VE8 thread..thanks for the help guys..
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by carkingaz
Take your stuff to one of your local hobby shop's.. I am sure they will get you going in no time.

What side of town do you live in?
over by southern and dobson. was gonna take it to Liberty hobbies, that guy always has been real helpful, so i try to take my business there first. but i got it going.