Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Initiate

any update???
Old 06-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BBSGS4
any update???
Unlikely. These "no pictures still in development" threads tend to be hoaxes.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Personally, I'd be happy enough just to see a pic of the four broken conrods.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Interesting...

I'd like an interpretation behind the concept of the new design. Seems like 1bad has to get past conventional theory of 2 strokes and the new design could be revolutionary, if true.

Either way its a nice pet project. Critics always said the moon was too far and too expensive to get to, but was eventually accomplished.

The only way to shut up a critic is prove'm wrong.

Nice thread though, lots of interesting info.

Good luck on building it, but let this be a lesson to others. If you are going to announce a new product, wait until you are ready for full exposure.

Because you can't really ask for input from an open board, if there's nothing (pictures/designs/concept) people can reply to, other than a played out idea.

If not, sit on it until its patent protected and announce after you receive a patent. So no one can copy you.

I am interested in something like this purely from curiosity if its possible. This question has been around for many years. One of these days someones gotta hit it.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bishop!

I wonder if Bishop believes in God Does he need proof that he exists? My point is why don't we give 1bad the benefit of doubt He seems to know what he's talking abought so why not give him a little encouragement ! I know quite a bit about super charging and have done a few turbos on real cars and have thought about trying it on RCs but to me I just didn't see it. To many problems to deal with but not at all saying it cant be done! I for one am rooting for 1Bad to pull it off. and I'm sure the guy has enough on his shoulders by making this work so give him a break
Old 06-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Just show us pictures
Old 06-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jeezus, do you guys need pictures when you read books too? It is what it is. I'm sure when he's READY to post pics he will. Just shut up about it already and take it for what it's worth(even if it's not much to you without pics)
Old 06-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by mckrooz
Jeezus, do you guys need pictures when you read books too? It is what it is. I'm sure when he's READY to post pics he will. Just shut up about it already and take it for what it's worth(even if it's not much to you without pics)
sure...picture will proof its exist and help us understand more
Old 06-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sure he's seen the 68mph Micro thread and doesn't want that same debacle happening to him, so either

a) he's been BSing this whole time and doesn't have any actual proof of anything (and face it, where *are* the pictures?),

or

b) he's finalizing and perfecting the system as much as he can so he can shut up the naysayers and prove them wrong. Even in this case, someone will jump in and say "oh that looks fake" or "how did you get this to route through there" or "that video looks jumpy and edited", etc.

Either way it's a no-win situation.

FWIW I know guys who have tested the supercharger system that's available - they got two - and after a few days to testing the systems were sent back for a rebate.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
I'm sure he's seen the 68mph Micro thread and doesn't want that same debacle happening to him, so either

a) he's been BSing this whole time and doesn't have any actual proof of anything (and face it, where *are* the pictures?),

or

b) he's finalizing and perfecting the system as much as he can so he can shut up the naysayers and prove them wrong. Even in this case, someone will jump in and say "oh that looks fake" or "how did you get this to route through there" or "that video looks jumpy and edited", etc.

Either way it's a no-win situation.

FWIW I know guys who have tested the supercharger system that's available - they got two - and after a few days to testing the systems were sent back for a rebate.
Yeah I also personally know of 1 of these systems attached to a T-Maxx and this is why I also am very unsure it will work. It might but it will be tough. The T-Maxx takes off with a whole heap of wheelspin and basically is impossible to handle, then it goes flat and appears to have no power. I can only assume the impeller loses its efficiency at a certain RPM.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yeah I also personally know of 1 of these systems attached to a T-Maxx and this is why I also am very unsure it will work. It might but it will be tough. The T-Maxx takes off with a whole heap of wheelspin and basically is impossible to handle, then it goes flat and appears to have no power. I can only assume the impeller loses its efficiency at a certain RPM.
which means it (forced induction) works to some extent the only thing(s) to do is fiddle and refine it,.. find what's wrong, fix it,.. if still don't work, fiddle w/ it again, change things,.. scratch head,... have a cup of coffee (or tea,..),.. sit back and rest,.. go back and fiddle w/ it again until you're bored and don't have any eagerness to fiddle w/ it anymore,.... then you're done,..... but not discoveries and technology improvements and applications other people have different approach and methodologies in life,... you just need to live w/ it and give people chance (even if it comes up bad in the end,... no problemo...)

oh, btw,.. I haven't seen god anyway (maybe he or she doesn't even exist,... I dunno,... but sometimes it's good to believe on something, makes you feel good at times)
Old 07-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I am a late reader in this forum and i have brainstormed this idea myself many times... feel free to blast my suggestions id like to get second opinions...

The current setup of a nitro rc car uses exhaust pressure to boost the flow of fuel.. so why not put the turbine between the end of the tuned pipe and the fuel tank? (optimising the current\proven method)

Combining this with optimising the air intake and reducing compression this would compliment the 2 stroke engine by allowing it to accept only the air and fuel that it sucks in itself.
This would also allow the engine to retain its fuel optimisation properties accentuated by the tuned pipe.

I also had an idea for a turbo exhaust. The pipe is split in two by a butterfly controlled with a spring.. an engine with lowered compression for induction purposes would benefit at low end from a small exhaust chamber and then when the exhaust hits a certain pressure the butterfly opens allowing the engine to access the whole potential of the tuned pipe.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I've only just seen the thread and registered. I'm intrigued by this and good going for trying but I'm skeptical of whether or not it works, I've been interested in doing the same thing but I can think of many problems. I would like to ask some questions and hopefuly get a better understanding of how it works.....

1) The concept of the 2stroke is that both the inlet and exhaust ports are open at the same time. If so how can any pressure be built up?

2) how have you made the turbocharger, the parts like bearings impellar, housing must be so small and fiddly?

3) What rpm does the impellar spin at and does it actualy build up pressure?

4) Have you had to ajust the fueling to cope with the extra airflow?

5) Have you got a device which allows the turbo to spool up at a certain revs or is it boosting at idle?

Cheers I have some more questions but can't think of them right now. If one of the nitro guru's could speak to me on msn about this I would be very greatful.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

this thread had been idle for quite some time now,.. (for some reason),... I don't think you'd get a reply from the creator soon,... I feel sorry for that, since I was one of the people that was looking forward to see the improvements and explanations as the thing develops.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think this thread died as all threads of this nature die. The thread starters are full of shit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.