Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
brushed motors on there way out??? >

brushed motors on there way out???

brushed motors on there way out???

Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
Good point. I have an LRP 7.5 and I recently switched from the 2006 Sphere to the 2007 Sphere. Let's just say that my motor likes the new speedo. Motors are only half the equation when it comes to BL.
me too , i switch from the GTB to the New TC spec LRP and the motor runs alot better,faster,cooler and the throttle response is alot smoother
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
Maybe they've already started.....
Please tell us more!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe they've already started.....
i know atleast one that has started
Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i know atleast one that has started

EA
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
hope to see you in Florida soon!!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by h8racing
Please tell us more!!!!!!!
I know of a number of brushed motor tuners (including ourselves) that have already been running brushless, getting ahead of the curve, and understanding what exactly the difference is between the fast, smooth, consistent systems, and the alternatives.

This fall, you can expect to see a number of OEM-friendly manufacturers coming to market with brushless motors and controllers that will be offered to the tuning companies. We've already been given the heads up on a number of different offerings.

Personally - I also would not rule out things like custom firmware for controllers from tuners as a complement to the work done on the motors themselves. It will just be a new generation of tuning.

The only thing that has the potential to be a bit ugly is going to be the cost of a top-shelf system. Instead of just tweaking hoods, brushes, magnets, etc. we're going to be looking at rotors, software, controller hardware, and so forth. It's also going to be really difficult to tech, but that's a different thread altogether.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I know of a number of brushed motor tuners (including ourselves) that have already been running brushless, getting ahead of the curve, and understanding what exactly the difference is between the fast, smooth, consistent systems, and the alternatives.

This fall, you can expect to see a number of OEM-friendly manufacturers coming to market with brushless motors and controllers that will be offered to the tuning companies. We've already been given the heads up on a number of different offerings.

Personally - I also would not rule out things like custom firmware for controllers from tuners as a complement to the work done on the motors themselves. It will just be a new generation of tuning.

The only thing that has the potential to be a bit ugly is going to be the cost of a top-shelf system. Instead of just tweaking hoods, brushes, magnets, etc. we're going to be looking at rotors, software, controller hardware, and so forth. It's also going to be really difficult to tech, but that's a different thread altogether.
...and all that unfortunately will continue to kill this hobby.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Leodis
Good point. I have an LRP 7.5 and I recently switched from the 2006 Sphere to the 2007 Sphere. Let's just say that my motor likes the new speedo. Motors are only half the equation when it comes to BL.
Just like any Esc even brush version`s if you upgrade the FET`s, like your new Sphere has , it goes faster ....

Hope the tuner`s can even afford to import a brushless, cus it will be a whole lot more money than placing a order with Trinity....
Old 06-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just like any Esc even brush version`s if you upgrade the FET`s, like your new Sphere has , it goes faster ....

Hope the tuner`s can even afford to import a brushless, cus it will be a whole lot more money than placing a order with Trinity....
Yea but the profit margins are 3 times as much too and less work!!

EA
Old 06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Motor Tuning / ESC tuning for brushless is ridiculous. It will definately happen but what are we accomplishing with it? No racer will gain an advantage over another b/c we will all run out an do it. The only people coming out better in the deal is the tuner. Why do we do this to ourselves?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Motor Tuning / ESC tuning for brushless is ridiculous. It will definately happen but what are we accomplishing with it? No racer will gain an advantage over another b/c we will all run out an do it. The only people coming out better in the deal is the tuner. Why do we do this to ourselves?
co-sign what he said
Old 06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EA

how did those EA prototypes brushless motors work out in the fla. states series
Old 06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Legend

Yea but the profit margins are 3 times as much too and less work!!

EA

How will that work ?

No one is buying the Trinity imported brushless.....
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
how did those EA prototypes brushless motors work out in the fla. states series
One ran good but ended up having speedo problems...not the motors fault as he had problems with other motors on that speedo to. A different one just sucked...LOL. There are still other samples that have yet to hit the track though and some others on the way to test.

EA
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Company Representative

....The only thing that has the potential to be a bit ugly is going to be the cost of a top-shelf system. Instead of just tweaking hoods, brushes, magnets, etc. we're going to be looking at rotors, software, controller hardware, and so forth. It's also going to be really difficult to tech, but that's a different thread altogether.
Hard to make money, since ROAR has established the maximum BL motor retail price at 129.00

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.