Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shock upgrade parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default shock upgrade parts

Guys i blew a shock out last weekend racing in the main.I just took it apart,the part no. is a-5435 is there an upgrade for this part or any other shock upgrades for the losi 2.0 shocks.I'm not talking mods just upgrade parts you would suggest.
Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The fisherman
Guys i blew a shock out last weekend racing in the main.I just took it apart,the part no. is a-5435 is there an upgrade for this part or any other shock upgrades for the losi 2.0 shocks.I'm not talking mods just upgrade parts you would suggest.
Thanks
Not really, well there is some from Answer RC. But make sure you set your droop correct.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Geejay,
Thanks I couldn't find one just figured you guys are more on top of stuff than me.Seems like there should be,i'm sure someone will come out with a few soon or more like i hope.I'd like to make them somewhat bulletproof if i could,some things have to be made of plastic i guess.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

What parts of the 2.0 Shock did you blow out??

If they are the RTR shocks you can upgrade the Shafts, Shock Caps and Bottom Caps to the roller version. (coated shafts, ALU Caps on bottom and top)

The Losi shocks are IMO one of the best made shocks out there and hold together extremely well.

I have a set with 8 gallons on them.. Granted they need new shafts (TI Coating wore off) really bad they still don't leak or bind and are great.

I had an issue with tearing bladders, but once I figured out it was the way I was closing up my shock (overtighten the caps, and not cleaning plastic burrs on the piston) that was tearing my bladders I haven't had one issue.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my mugen shocks have who knows how many gallons on them and i just replaced the orings and seals last week.

And they didn't even need them.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

RJ,
The top of the shaft where the set screw goes in broke,causing the whole shock to bend in half.My spring was jammed in the inside of my wheel,it is a RTR,of course my boot ripped.I just got back and bought all the parts you mentioned(titanium shock rods ect)also the o-ring retainer cup is out of round,more like an oval than a circle.Thanks for replying,a few more trips to the hobby shop and i will have a race roller.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The fisherman
RJ,
The top of the shaft where the set screw goes in broke,causing the whole shock to bend in half.My spring was jammed in the inside of my wheel,it is a RTR,of course my boot ripped.I just got back and bought all the parts you mentioned(titanium shock rods ect)also the o-ring retainer cup is out of round,more like an oval than a circle.Thanks for replying,a few more trips to the hobby shop and i will have a race roller.
You mean the screw that goes into the shaft holding on the piston? if so what happend was it just pulled out which caused the shaft to bend while drivin in it. take all your shocks apart and clean the screw and put RED loctite on them, screw it back into the shaft and do not put any fluid in the shock for like 20 min so the loctite can dry, idk how long it takes to 100% to dry but i only wait about 20-30 min
Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Losi,
I got my clock cleaned by another driver,as i was turning he was in flight,too much throttle i guess or i didn't get out of the way fast enough i guess.Anyway where that screw enters the top half actually broke off right where the piston is held on,Thanks for the tip I will wait the half hour to be sure and it will be spotless before i apply loctite.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Did the crash break anything else? That had to be a preety violent one.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not that i have found yet with my luck i'm sure i'll find something.