Wiki Posts
Search

RANT

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default RANT

if you mark somthing as sold to someone, it better be sold to that person, not someone local or on another forum. you don't give your PP address to multipal people for the same thing and selll it to whoever pays first, and you sure the hell don't have someone send you money for somthing that has been sold for 24hrs.

this has happend twice in the past week to me, IDK if anyone else has had this happen buy it realy pisses peope off. DON'T DO IT!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
if you mark somthing as sold to someone, it better be sold to that person, not someone local or on another forum. you don't give your PP address to multipal people for the same thing and selll it to whoever pays first, and you sure the hell don't have someone send you money for somthing that has been sold for 24hrs.

this has happend twice in the past week to me, IDK if anyone else has had this happen buy it realy pisses peope off. DON'T DO IT!!!
That's why I simply skip over ads where the seller just post's up his paypal info and says first to pay get's it. I don't care how good of a deal it is. I always contact the seller PM and work a deal out.

Sucks it has happened to you twice I would be bent too.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
That's why I simply skip over ads where the seller just post's up his paypal info and says first to pay get's it. I don't care how good of a deal it is. I always contact the seller PM and work a deal out.

Sucks it has happened to you twice I would be bent too.
That said, I can't tell you HOW many times (countless) I've had a "buyer" tell me "give my your PayPal info and I'll send payment" only for that payment never to arrive. I don't have a problem AT ALL if a couple folks send payment for the same item...which I think has happened a grand total of once to me in almost 5 years dealing on RC Tech. The WORST case, the second buyer ALWAYS gets all his money back as soon as this has happened. The seller just goes in and declines the payment or issues a complete refund via the "details" screen for that transaction. The ABSOLUTE seller rule of thumb...it ain't sold until it's paid for. Money talks, bs (and there's PLENTY of bs hereabout) walks.

Don't like it? Don't send me money.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I think this goes both ways...but I always pm the seller first before sending to prevent this from happening. As a seller it sucks to get those send info and no response after it's sent and it sucks as a buyer to get no heads up..but if you take the time to PM it'll save you and the seller the annoyance.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

see, I did PM him before I sent the $$, and he said that it was still FS, but the other person sent money over 12hrs before I did, and now hes giving some BS about having to transfer the $$ from a bank account... I just filed a claim with PP...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

whitzrac if your having such big problems on this site with people """ripping you off and scamming you""" just LEAVE!

your more problems than your worth!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
see, I did PM him before I sent the $$, and he said that it was still FS, but the other person sent money over 12hrs before I did, and now hes giving some BS about having to transfer the $$ from a bank account... I just filed a claim with PP...
Yeah, but how long AFTER you pm did you wait to send money?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trackerracer
whitzrac if your having such big problems on this site with people """ripping you off and scamming you""" just LEAVE!

your more problems than your worth!
hey you weren't baned

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Yeah, but how long AFTER you pm did you wait to send money?
bout 5min