Search

Flat Tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by porkey
i have never bash i race at a track embassy raceway,how
long r u going to harass me!
how long are you going to make things up, or tell people things you've heard or things you've read --- and randomly give them out as advice?

PLEASE STOP --- your rampant inexperience shines through
Old 09-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can we all agree that if tires don't have holes so air can not get back in they will not expand back out? No matter whether the hole is in the wheel or the tire.

There for its for the air to get back in. Any and all attributes there after are just a plus.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The fact is, water is bad for the foams, then molded foams came about, but for 10th scale they never work that good, but for 8th scale they work great. Can also be another reason why they use holes on the tire as the foam will last longer then normal foams.

Originally Posted by Briguy
Pros don`t pay for their tires and use up several sets in one raceday . And the holes are for letting dirt and any moisture getting out from running on the track . Not dunking them . Dunking will ruin foams no matter how many hole you have in the tire .
I agree 100%.

The pro could care less what happens to their tires as they will have a few sets of new tires at the start of every race they go to, then some of them with just toss them in a can to never be seen again.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

i have never bash i race at a track ...
Sorry, but I have to correct you on this, you do bash, as you have ran your car outside of a track just for fun (that is bashing (bashing isn't a bad thing, it just means your not racing)).

My cars have only been on a race track, and I use pratice to keep my skills up to par, or to learn some new things to use durring a race.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cracka
how long are you going to make things up, or tell people things you've heard or things you've read --- and randomly give them out as advice?

PLEASE STOP --- your rampant inexperience shines through
im not making this up if u dont like what i do then dont if u dont like my advice then dont take if u dont like what i post on this web sight then dont i could give a rats ass what u think about me or if i make this
up witch im not! this person wanted advice about his foams
so i gave it to him
Old 09-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This thread makes me LOL
Old 09-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness
Sorry, but I have to correct you on this, you do bash, as you have ran your car outside of a track just for fun (that is bashing (bashing isn't a bad thing, it just means your not racing)).

My cars have only been on a race track, and I use pratice to keep my skills up to par, or to learn some new things to use durring a race.
when i had gas and when i was getting for out door
Old 09-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
This thread makes me LOL
Yes , it`s getting to that point .
Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Suspended

DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE OTHER THAN WHAT THEY'VE READ OR BEEN TOLD "by their peeps", CAN'T FORM A LUCID THOUGHT OR COMPOSE A COHERENT SENTENCE, USES "Chassis Breaker" AS A NICKNAME OR THEIR SIG, OR WRITES IN BLUE JUST TO BE COOL.

Last edited by cracka; 09-19-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

[/QUOTE]
when i had gas and when i was getting for out door
I'm not going to say it any more after this, but you do bash every now and then.

Look I normaly won't say much about what I think, but right now you are just posting random things because someone disagreed with you, and now like others are saying it makes for a great laugh.

Ok so holes in tires will help a little, but in the end water and foams will never last.

For now on reread what you type before posting, and then try to read it as if you are a 3rd party, instead of posting somthing as a reaction
Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Suspended

Look I normaly won't say much about what I think, but right now you are just posting random things because someone disagreed with you, and now like others are saying it makes for a great laugh.

Ok so holes in tires will help a little, but in the end water and foams will never last.

For now on reread what you type before posting, and then try to read it as if you are a 3rd party, instead of posting somthing as a reaction
Funny thing is that we had this very discussion years and years ago at a track I frequented, so a buddy of mine and I agreed to use one set of new tires for an entire race weekend and tear them apart afterwards to see the results.
When we cut the tires off the rims he had somewhere, once it all dried, about a teaspoon of sand/dirt in EACH of his tires on his truck and his foams show noticeable degredation all because he'd punched holes in his tires. Meanwhile my own tires dumped out less than a half of a teaspoon TOTAL from all four, and my foams were still good enough that they could be re-used --- because I only had holes in my rims.
Everyone involved quickly came to the conclusion that the "spin the dirt out" theory didn't hold water, but it sure held sand and mud.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cracka
Funny thing is that we had this very discussion years and years ago at a track I frequented, so a buddy of mine and I agreed to use one set of new tires for an entire race weekend and tear them apart afterwards to see the results.
When we cut the tires off the rims he had somewhere, once it all dried, about a teaspoon of sand/dirt in EACH of his tires on his truck and his foams show noticeable degredation all because he'd punched holes in his tires. Meanwhile my own tires dumped out less than a half of a teaspoon TOTAL from all four, and my foams were still good enough that they could be re-used --- because I only had holes in my rims.
Everyone involved quickly came to the conclusion that the "spin the dirt out" theory didn't hold water, but it sure held sand and mud.
That is some really good info (you should have posted that sooner)

As for me I have only put holes in the rim as well, and I never had any issues, unless I use traction compound a little to heavy (that stuff seems to kill foams as well)
Old 09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Suspended

That is some really good info (you should have posted that sooner)
Nah, it was too fun listening to all the experts stating their rocket science based theories and what bubba down at the bar told them. lol

It always take me back to a college professor during a lecture on rumor and inuendo --- "there's a huge difference between what people actually know as fact, and what they think they know from what someone's told them."
Old 09-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Crimefighters are made by Pro Line arent they?

PL has the worst foam in the industry.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Yes crimefighters are made by pro line.

As for foams I have always like to use Losi white for soft foams, or trinity bomb 1 for firm foams. (for 10th sacle) So all the pro line tires that I buy, the first thing I do is chunk the proline foams, and go for one of the others I typed.

lol @ cracka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.