Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That appears to be the case.
My E4FS should be here tomorrow. Racing in 25.5 VTA.Outdoor asphalt.
Can you folks suggest what might be the first thing I should do to it ? And what parts I should seriously consider getting because they address problem areas ??
Old 01-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Belts, steel front drive shaft... other than that it's a tank...

Originally Posted by Evoracer
That appears to be the case.
My E4FS should be here tomorrow. Racing in 25.5 VTA.Outdoor asphalt.
Can you folks suggest what might be the first thing I should do to it ? And what parts I should seriously consider getting because they address problem areas ??
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Belts, steel front drive shaft... other than that it's a tank...
The TM steel universals ok ?? Been reading a bit about the belts. Are the K Factory belts still considered the way to go or what ?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Yap TM Magic steel universal and just get TM wide belts. K-factory is a bit stiff it's hard to free the drivetrain.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks again ! Car supposed to arrive today . C'mon mail lady.....hurry it up. Have to admit I'm excited. I've wanted to try the e4 for awhile after I bought a JS and never ran it. Just one of those times when I had to consider the cost of investing in yet another car since I already owned more than the average racer.

Has anyone heard anything from Wolf or TM about producing a E5 ??

Sorry if my enthusiasm irritates anyone. I'm just one of those people that really needs to dive into all aspects of the car from mechanical to understanding the company.

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-31-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

pm me for more pics. Both of my roller cars have the wolf hobbies front and rear hub carriers... And i have both aluminum and steel 2 piece axles just one of the bones broke.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

I emailed wolf few week ago from what he told me their is no new car at this time.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Heard the same from my local hobby shop.
Not even rumors of a new car or parts.

regards Roy

I emailed wolf few week ago from what he told me their is no new car at this time.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
Looking forward to hearing your on track report of the new plate. My hope is that it will make the car more consistent on carpet without needing to switch to the thick 3mm foam chassis.
My intention is that it will be a better all around chassis for either carpet or pavement. I should hope that it will only need to be 2-2.5mm for all conditions and with all the other flex tuning available on the E4 it should be more predictable when making such changes in chassis flex.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

What I noticed between the FS and RS chassis is the RS chassis flex too much when your steering is on full lock so you really have to dial down your DUAL rate to where you will not loose steering and take some of the flex out the chassis. The flex is cause by the chassis being 2.5mm thin and the chassis cut out on the battery tray but with the FS chassis which is 3mm thick you don't have this problem that is why FS chassis is more consistent over all from my experience driving both car.

With the new chassis design by Yodog I'm pretty sure we will not have this issue since the chassis has simetrical cut outs and we don't have to use the battery tray. Over all I think the car will be more predictable, you will have an even flex and more balance car.

So Yodog when will be the release of the new chassis I can't wait to try it out before the REEDY race this year.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Yodog,

Are you planning to make pocket on where the bulkheads and suspension mounts sits Or no? if you do you might wanna go with 2.5mm thick chassis because the area on the chassis that will have pocket with 2.0mm it will be too thin and it might make those area prone to cracking on impact.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Yodog,

Are you planning to make pocket on where the bulkheads and suspension mounts sits Or no? if you do you might wanna go with 2.5mm thick chassis because the area on the chassis that will have pocket with 2.0mm it will be too thin and it might make those area prone to cracking on impact.
Yeah, I will put the pockets in. I just need to add them to the model. The preliminary model shown is not 100% complete. I still need to put the original chassis in our mill so that I can use the DRO to validate all of the hole positions. I used a caliper for the initial measurements but it's not a precise enough method.
I'm going to prototype the chassis in 2mm carbon because it's what I have on hand until I get some 2.5mm stock. I still need to design the top deck to go along with the chassis but I think we can start with the stock parts first.
I hope to have the test chassis cut in the next few weeks.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Need a test driver here in Holland
I be more then willing to try one out for you

regards Roy

Originally Posted by YoDog
I hope to have the test chassis cut in the next few weeks.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Need a test driver here in Holland
I be more then willing to try one out for you

regards Roy
You're always on my list, Roy.
For now, I just hope to get one or two cut just to try.
Once I get the 2.5mm stock in, I should have more to share. I just want everybody to be clear on what I'm doing here. I happen to be fortunate enough to have access to a 3D printer and machine shop and I am doing this work on the side. Sometimes I get more time in the shop and sometimes not so much. I really like the E4 and enjoy designing parts to make them better however, I'm not doing this as a business. The prices I quote are primarily to recoupe my cost for making the parts. Heck, maybe someone might take notice and think I might be a good candidate as a designer/R&D developer for an RC company.
If interested, you guys should take a look at some of my other work in the 1/8th electric on road threads. I've got a bunch of ideas and often find it difficult to find the time to realize them all. I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm for what I am doing. All I ask is that everybody please be patient as I don't want to let you guys down.

Thanks for the support.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

i am very glad that you still take the time and effort that you do to make this car even better. take all the time you need i will be here watching to see what all comes of this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.