Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ha ha ha Ha Ha Ha ha HA ha You guys are funny. Ha HA Ha
Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Where is the rule that says every race must offer all classes...? I've run foam tires on asphalt and think it's fun but would feel a little stupid asking for a foam tire sedan class at the Reedy race? For me Cleveland is fun because I get to race against some of the best racers from all over all in one of three classes (for sedan). The way electric racing is going there will be more classes to run than people to support them. Why drive 6hrs to race against the same amount of people I can race with at a local big race....doesn't add up.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok just so everyone knows rubber will not replace stock foam.We know we don't have to run all classes we just want to hear what you guys have to say about it.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Running two stock TC classes would be cool.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

I'm all for rubber tire classes for the club races if it makes sense for them.

Rubber tire just doesn't make sense for ALL of the big races.

Makes sense for the Novak because there is a rubber tire following at the local club races. Because there is a rubber tire class there, they have (or should have) all of the stuff needed for rubber tires. It's a whole new stock of rubber tires, tire traction, and even warmers.

Doesn't make sense for Cleveland until there's a pretty big rubber tire following locally so that the shop has all of the rubber tire stuff in stock. If there isn't a local following, the local hobby shop that supports the big race gets stuck with product that they won't be able to sell after. There's more to it than just saying we're having a new class.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

To follow-up on my "exhibition" class idea. Here are my thoughts:

- Kinda cutting edge. This race being one of the biggest if not the biggest it would set a huge statement for the direction of RC. If the statements wants to be made. At the very least it would start to guage the interest of racers in using the new technologies. If all the entries were to the brushless/lipo/rubber class then the racers would be making a huge statement.

- There is a group of racers that just wont run anything other then brushless/lipo. Might be a chance to get some new guys/girls that have never been to the race before

- Gives sponsors a chance to demonstrate some of their new technologies

If not Cleveland Id love to see one of the other bigger races try this. It would just be interesting to see how it is received and if brushless/lipo/rubber is really all people say it is (or is going to be). It would give racers their opportunity to show organizations such as ROAR what they really want. If they dont show up then it will make a clear statement the interest isnt there yet and we can kind of table the whole debate for a while.

Just my $.02.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Cleveland ran the Trinity T-Specs as a exhibition, why not Stock Rubber?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Suspended

An exhibition is for something new.

Stock rubber is nothing new.

Brushless/LiPo/Rubber would be somewhat new.

The T-Specs were run as a novelty All-Star race to mark the 25th year of the Champs.

And no, stock rubber isn't a novelty either.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Suspended

The organizers could determine what is the mimimum number of entries it would take for the class to be viable (to cover the expense of awards and such). A class with just 10-20 entries likely isn't viable.

Then put a deadline on the entry form. If this new class (in whatever form it is) doesn't get that minimum by the deadline, the class will be cancelled. The racers could either use their entry for a different class or have it refunded.

Let the racers know up front what the restrictions are and stick to them. They'll have no excuses this way.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Well, Stock Rubber would be new to Cleveland. It was small when they introduced it at Vegas, now look at it. They had an E Main in its 2nd year along with 19T Rubber which also had an E Main. Snowbirds Rubber classes will be even bigger next year. They had a C Main for 19T Rubber, and a D Main is Stock Rubber in it's 1st year of running it. The demand is there. McSmooth has a great idea. Give them a time frame and if they don't meet the demand, they don't get to run.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cleveland is the ONLY all foam hotel race, and I firmly believe that Cleveland should remain the way it is. Why is it that every major on-road race has to offer 32 classes of touring car to their program? Cleveland is THE most important 12TH SCALE race of the year. The layouts are tight, and technical, and more than challenging enough for TC's with foams, much less rubber tires. With 500+ entries, there's obviously no need to revamp the program to draw more racers, so IMHO don't fix something that isn't broken. We have no issues whatsoever filling heats with racers that WANT to run on foams. Why add an additional class that could potentially push racers out of a class we already offer, that we have racers already wanting to race?

Hell, if you really want make changes to the Cleveland format, I say go back to 12th scale only. Those were the days..........
Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Hell, if you really want make changes to the Cleveland format, I say go back to 12th scale only. Those were the days..........

Ah, The memories, Kinwald taking out the computer.........
Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alb
Ah, The memories, Kinwald taking out the computer.........
Still the single most awesome crash I've EVER seen in 20+ years of racing. Took it right off the table.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

By my count there are 2 classes that are worthless at Cleveland. Both masters. How about you drop the masters classes and Run rubber. Make the old guys take their spankings like the rest of the less gifted. Now they can have an excuse for not winning. "But dear, they made us race against everyone else this year. I could only bring home this E main trophy."

Rubber tire is harder to set up a car, typical lazy Americans always want the easy way out.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk
By my count there are 2 classes that are worthless at Cleveland. Both masters. How about you drop the masters classes and Run rubber. Make the old guys take their spankings like the rest of the less gifted. Now they can have an excuse for not winning. "But dear, they made us race against everyone else this year. I could only bring home this E main trophy."

Rubber tire is harder to set up a car, typical lazy Americans always want the easy way out.
If you say your name backwards, do you go away for 90 days?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.