Team Losi JRXS

Old 10-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
I design products myself (not the RC industry) and I find the Losi JRXS to be quite elegant. It is simple, stiff and very well thought out.
I run it locally with guys all running Xrays and TC4 cars.
I am not quite the driver some of these other guys are. I assure you all of the racers that have driven my car have said it is almost unfair how it handles compaired to their cars. On the track it seems I can do things they cannot and I know it is not my skill by any means.
The centered design means the car does not roll like the other cars. I can run the car lower, with harder tires and carry the speed more. Tire wear is almost not and issue when compaired to other cars.
It is different. The design is new.
I don't think the Losi drivers are the cream of the crop right now. Hince the lack of dominance in big races. The car is competitive and I guarantee Masami, Reinhardt or Hara could win with it. It not because of the car as much as it is they are that good. These races are finished with mere seconds seperating the leaders only because there is not enough room for the cars to be any closer.
Keep watching and I think you will see this car podium more and more.
R&D must continue to provide the best products with the best value year after year.
Jim - Get to WORK! I'll see you at World Cup.
TEX
Very, very well said.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
anybody know a good setup for ozite for jrxs? what tires also, etc. i am running in stock class?
check out paul c's setup for carpet w/foams. What track are you running at? I forget what Glen burnie is near.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default jrxs

sorry guys, 273 pages is too much trying to read through, thinking of getting back into on-road and jrxs is the car i am lookin at. most guys are running fk05 here and i want something different. does the ib3800's fit in the car no problem? i am assuming i need the aftermarket battery tray?
what else do i need for the car?

i am going to be solely on carpet, with foams, stock mostly and some 19t.

where do most of you guys get the aftermarket stuff: p-dub bumper? prs spur gear adapter? bk bracket(what is that) LHS isnt caught up on the car and aftermarket yet.

do i have to grind down the chassis for diff's to clear?

any help is greatly appreciated, i am trying to read through this, but will take a year to try and get caught up with all these pages..
Old 10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic0280
sorry guys, 273 pages is too much trying to read through, thinking of getting back into on-road and jrxs is the car i am lookin at. most guys are running fk05 here and i want something different. does the ib3800's fit in the car no problem? i am assuming i need the aftermarket battery tray?
what else do i need for the car?

i am going to be solely on carpet, with foams, stock mostly and some 19t.

where do most of you guys get the aftermarket stuff: p-dub bumper? prs spur gear adapter? bk bracket(what is that) LHS isnt caught up on the car and aftermarket yet.

do i have to grind down the chassis for diff's to clear?

any help is greatly appreciated, i am trying to read through this, but will take a year to try and get caught up with all these pages..
Battery tray is not aftermarket, Losi produces it.

I'm not so sure you need the brackets if you plan to run foam on carpet. Was mainly developed for asphalt setup with rubber. Some do use them on the rear with foam on carpet.

P-dub has a thread here and you can just go to his site. Spur gear adapter is not necessary, but I have it on one of my cars only because I bought it used with it on. Stock spurs work fine in my opinion.
The 38's fit fine as long as you get the aluminum battery tray that Losi makes. No need to modify the chassis for battery fit. You need to file a little near the diffs so you don't rub the chassis when you run them in the low position.

If you really want the bk brackets search for Pookyt on this forum and hit him up for a set. I personally am just going to wait for the new A arms with position molded in them. I actually have a set of rears now thanks to Hodge. Was an emergency I ran into in LV at IIC. Beyond those few things it is good to go out of the box.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Intelligentsia
I was wondering if these new bars will include screws. Or if anybody knows what screw size I need because the holes on my arms are stripped. I know I am not using the proper screw.

Thanks for the help.
Screws are going to be included... it's basically your stock 4-40 screw usded on teh bottom of the shock a 2 2-56 and 2 4-40 screws which are all going to be supplied with the brackets.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Screws are going to be included... it's basically your stock 4-40 screw usded on teh bottom of the shock a 2 2-56 and 2 4-40 screws which are all going to be supplied with the brackets.
Is Losi making these new brackets or is this a "home" adventure?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WD40
Is Losi making these new brackets or is this a "home" adventure?
Losi is makin new arms, the brackets are a home thing.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

rob, im running at mimis in gaithersburg. could tell me where that setup is?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

I'd just like to thank Nathan Parker hear in the UK for all the help he has given us with set-up info, and inspration. lots of guys here have purchaced cars after whatching this guy tame the JRXS,

Last edited by losiboys; 10-10-2005 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hi people.

I notice that most of you guys don't run 'bk' brackets on the car when using foam on carpet, on the front at least. Is this because you run 28mm+ wide all round or because you have noticed some wierd handling quirks?

I run a shorter 0.250" centre to centre bracket at the front, normal bracket on the rear with 26mm foams all round and it is awesome to drive. If it is just a fitment problem with the tyres, you may want to try a shorter bracket & cut dem tyres down

I found the car was much more consistant with the brackets on, without them it would tend to take 2 bites at a high speed corner before settling on a line, so the car was really hard to drive with any confidence.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run a shorter 0.250" centre to centre bracket at the front, normal bracket on the rear with 26mm foams all round and it is awesome to drive. If it is just a fitment problem with the tyres, you may want to try a shorter bracket & cut dem tyres down
What do you mean by shorter bracket? center to center??
Old 10-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

what parts break or wear out on this car? i would like to order a lot of spare parts.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would say the only problem with getting the 28mm foams on the front is the fact that you space the shock out from the arm due to the bracket. A molded in hole on the arm would not move the shock bottom out as far, as well as offering the option to actually move the shock bottom in further toward the dogbone if it is possible within space limitations.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

nevermind i found it rob thx, should be a very good start point. i run at gaithersburg "the track" aka mimi's. is a big indoor ozite track[/QUOTE]
Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ok guys here is the setup for foam tires on ozite carpet. Follow it to the T even the losi shock oil. If you need more rear traction go to a 20# rear spring and move the top of the shock in one hole. If you need more steering go to 4 degree front spindels it makes it a little twitchy. Hope it helps any questions just ask.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-10-07-2005-04%3B02%3B30pm-2-.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.