Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anti Shock Suspension Mounts With Springs !!!! >

Anti Shock Suspension Mounts With Springs !!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anti Shock Suspension Mounts With Springs !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Anti Shock Suspension Mounts With Springs !!!!

just found that this thing exists (thanks rampal)

it is from kawada for Ta05 cars , japaneese info and separated parts on https://sv18.wadax.ne.jp/~kawadamode...n_start=0&max=

i am sick of breaking suspension arms and bending suspension shafts, so i definitly want this kind of stuff for my EVO5!

the problem is: the evo5 has diferent lengh susp mounts at rear in order to get 2 deg toe in , and kawada springed susp mount is standard size

the question is: anyone know other brands doing same thing? similar? more types of spring susp mounts?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

up
Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Would these create suspension slop?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

not while spring is stiff enough , anyway it would be toe slop , as the suspension mount is done to slide susp shaft outwards not upwards
Old 03-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

i stumbled across this thread... i am wondering how does this thing come together? does the spring go between the 2 shafts? how does it save the shafts from getting bent?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

i did some cheap photoshop work

im sure the sus mount has small holes so the last part of shaft can show out , so the spring can grab them on the back

shaft getting bend?? i dont think so
Old 03-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Interesting design.... thanks for the PS work. it looks sweet... my brain could not "drill holes" in the mount (not enuf imagination)... now i get how it works. that seems the only logical way for it to work anyway.

i also have a tb evo5. it would be cool if anyone bought one and showed us how it would be mounted on a ta05... cause i am thinking... if one hit the boards hard enuf to bend the steel shafts... that would have to be one h*ll of a spring to keep the shafts together...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DrKucho
just found that this thing exists (thanks rampal)

it is from kawada for Ta05 cars , japaneese info and separated parts on https://sv18.wadax.ne.jp/~kawadamode...n_start=0&max=

i am sick of breaking suspension arms and bending suspension shafts, so i definitly want this kind of stuff for my EVO5!

the problem is: the evo5 has diferent lengh susp mounts at rear in order to get 2 deg toe in , and kawada springed susp mount is standard size

the question is: anyone know other brands doing same thing? similar? more types of spring susp mounts?
Got a better idea: slow down a bit and don't hit the boards
Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Got a better idea: slow down a bit and don't hit the boards
that's for smart people , not my case

seriously , my club track is so SO narrow and in many places there is no green zone between the road and the board, it is road next to board, make a small mistake and you hit the board BAM !
Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Same here mate 12th scale layouts... We still keep off the boards. While I think Kawada makes good stuff, i'd stay out of this kind of gizmo systems, if you crash you'll break either way.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

schumacher used to do that on their 4wd buggies back in the day... they used rubber o-rings though.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RussB
schumacher used to do that on their 4wd buggies back in the day... they used rubber o-rings though.
i am mounting rubbers o rings instead standard spacers now, it will help the susp arm to slide forward or backward in a crash , not sure if this will be really practical , kawada system help to slide outwards ...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

DrKucho, remember to tell us if the o-ring makes any improvements on ur tb 5! (I will consider doing that to mine first... when i get a chance to drive the car again...)
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrKucho
i am mounting rubbers o rings instead standard spacers now, it will help the susp arm to slide forward or backward in a crash , not sure if this will be really practical , kawada system help to slide outwards ...
the schumacher system was very similar to the kawada system, but had a large o-ring pulling the pins together rather than a spring.

it seemed to work pretty well, didn't see too many cars getting out of shape because of it.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

understand, thanks