Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Matt Francis Retires

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your right they are toy cars and it is a hobby but for some people its turns into a 24-7 thing and a career. At that point its more than just toy cars. Plus all the friends and other pros he races with im sure appreciate hearing it from him.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

probably if i buy a house from him then he will include a team losi xxxt mf2
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mason
matt bails.. kinwaldo is sicko around contracto time. Is it changing of the guard or musical drivers?

Looks like we'll find out around Electric On-Road Nats time.

*ovaltine commercial*

This post for entertainment purposes only. Offer not available with other coupons, specials or daily park passes. While supplies last. Not redeemable for cash value
what's wrong with Kinwald?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hes in the hospital sick
Old 08-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by superslow
hey dont feel bad because you wont ever accomplish half as much as matt, it might be a toy car but its a billion dollar industry. So he's one of the best in the world at doing something are you and tossing your monkey dosnt count. thanks for telling us matt you made this hobby better for people that are true racers and r/c ers. so blah to you......

who the heck are you talking to? Also punctuation might help a little.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sorry about the punctuation i was pissed. Bobbyj ripped matt in stating "blah, blah, blah who does he think he is a pro athlete, he is arogant for making it look like he is someone important. Its only toy car racing." basically just had nothing good to say about matt i should have captured it. then he went and changed it to good luck matt. you can see that he edited his post. thats what my statement was directed at. good one bobby j. good one.

Last edited by superslow; 08-20-2005 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

I saw Matt get pissed one time at the 2000 offroad fuel nat's were he threw his MP6 Int. and said screw this thing. He looked pissed but within a minute or two he was back to the same caring, sharing Matt we all come to know. I then got to talk to him more at the 2003 mod nat's where he showed everyone how he really is. He helped anyone and everyone that needed help. He's a very cool guy with a great head on his shoulders. I can only wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default team effort

just a few years back, Matt and BK were at the electric offroad nats, a friend of mine and his dad had their stuff stolen from their vehicle. Matt asked Brian if the son could borrow his buggy and Matt helped his Dad acquire a truck from just going around asking for "donations" of equipment. They put a rig together, and the son placed in the top three in the Jr Nats with Brians buggy
and I think his dad was in the A main. AND! Neither had ran either car! MAtt and Brain as a team will be missed also
Old 08-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Kewl story! That's the Matt I know!
Old 08-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Good luck to Matt Francis, and thanks for being the man behind my absolute favorite Truck made. Hopefully Matt is happy with his decision and is as successful in real estate as he was in R/C racing.

So... on another note, what's going to happen to the MF2? Will it be called the.... TA Edition? Heh I had to think of Travis Amezcua's intials....
Old 08-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by superslow
sorry about the punctuation i was pissed. Bobbyj ripped matt in stating "blah, blah, blah who does he think he is a pro athlete, he is arogant for making it look like he is someone important. Its only toy car racing." basically just had nothing good to say about matt i should have captured it. then he went and changed it to good luck matt. you can see that he edited his post. thats what my statement was directed at. good one bobby j. good one.

oh i see,thanks for the explanation,and yeah your right...