Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November >

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2011 AARCMCC EP On Road Australian Championships - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st Nov.

Dates:
16th - 21st November 2011 (The third weekend)

Mojebing Reserve
Corner of Mojebing Street and Colwyn Road
Bayswater, Perth WA
(about 10 minutes from the airport)

Entry form and more details;
http://www.wcmrc.asn.au/nationals.html

We know it is very early days, however we hope the confirmation of the dates will help racers from around the country plan their trips to Perth.

If anybody needs any help regards local hire cars, accommodation, etc, please post or pm myself.

Regards

Toby

Last edited by waOscar; 09-04-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2011 on road nats

Originally Posted by waOscar
Dates:
16th - 21st November 2011 (The third weekend)

Mojebing Reserve
Corner of Mojebing Street and Colwyn Road
Bayswater, Perth WA
(about 10 minutes from the airport)

We know it is very early days, however we hope the confirmation of the dates will help racers from around the country plan their trips to Perth.

If anybody needs any help regards local hire cars, accommodation, etc, please post or pm myself.

Regards

Toby
It is time to start getting ready for the biggest electric meet of year on a great track freindly people awsome racing. Need help contact toby as in previous post

Regards

Rex
Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Cheap Flights Sydney and Melbourne to Perth

Been monitoring flights for the Nationals

As of today QANTAS has the current prices around the Nats dates

Sydney to Perth $189 each way
Melbourne to Perth $189 each way
Brisbane to Perth $209 each way

More info regarding track available at look at our website;
www.wcmrc.asn.au

Entry form and final details being arranged now.

More info PM me or email [email protected]

Hope to see everyone in Perth in November.

Cheers,

Toby

Last edited by waOscar; 09-04-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hello Toby,

Question regarding mini.

1. I take it we are using the AARCMCC mini rules.

2. Are tyres open for mini. Normally they are.

Thank you,

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Looks like virgin has it a bit cheaper from syd @ $157... still big money to play cars
Old 06-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Looks like virgin has it a bit cheaper from syd @ $157... still big money to play cars
its near on a grand when you include car hire to get there from the east.. thats not including living expenses either.. Flights price depends on how much your kit weighs + luggage

Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
To put that in context, I just figured out that it's going to cost me about $110 in fuel to drive to Mildura. So it's not that expensive.

The thing that always puts me off the flyaway races is trying to figure out how much luggage I'm allowed, what all my RC gear weighs, what I'm not allowed to take on a plane, etc.

If someone with some experience of this could put together a guide, indicating what questions to ask the airline, showing pictures of their suitcases with RC gear in it etc. that might help get me a across the line.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Little hint that I found out last time I flew to SA for their titles. Most of the airlines have a "Sports Luggage" option. Think it was about $30. Worth asking about.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default Airline Luggage Allowance

I generally fly QANTAS when travelling east. The budget airlines are ok for short flights, but the extra little bit from QANTAS for a 5 hour flight is worth it. Plus there baggage allowance/extra fees work out cheaper.

Luggage Guide.

Virgin - Cheap flights add $12 per flight for 23kg checked luggage. 7kg free hand luggage.

QANTAS - Ticket includes 23kg checked. 2x 7kg hand luggage allowed. thats 37kg included in your ticket, plus additional allowance depending on frequant flyer status.
Also with QANTAS you can now pre-pay for an additional checked bag which only cost $20 for a 23kg piece of luggage if paid in advance.

When I've travelled to Nationals in past I'm always hauling 14kg of hand luggage (power suppy, spare motors, practice tyres, charger, tx, lappy, etc) plus about 28kg (pit bag) of checked luggage. That was under QANTAS old system which only allowed pre-purchase of extra 5kg. Good news its changed.

All the Sporting Equipment rules changed mid-last year, but check the airlines website for the latest.

Hope that helps.

Toby
Old 06-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by caltek1
Hello Toby,

Question regarding mini.

1. I take it we are using the AARCMCC mini rules.

2. Are tyres open for mini. Normally they are.

Thank you,

Regards,

Calvin.
Yes AARCMCC rules.

Tyres - not sure about normal, this is the first time in my history that Mini has been an AARCMCC class at the Nationals - We have a proposal for controlled tyres, which may make it easier for the east coast guys, especially as nobody would have run on the track. Save everyone bringing all there differant combo's.

The proposal will be published very shortly for comment. Based on comments the committee will decide if its worth doing or leaving open.

Proposal should be up in next day or two.

Cheers,

Toby
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Toby,

I prefer open tyre for mini, which is what we ran at the ACT Titles and is the same for the NSW State Titles. I'm sure your track surface is not that different to tracks here in the East.

However I will see what you propose for tyres, hopefully not something like X patterns or sweeps.

Thanks,

Calvin.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

What's the local 12th scene like in WA? Are there likely to be many local entries?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Dradio.

Hey man. the 12th scene is massive.. at the state titles. there was 1 entrant.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Painy
Dradio.

Hey man. the 12th scene is massive.. at the state titles. there was 1 entrant.
Well, so long as there is going to be the minimum required for a class then I'm interested. Onroad I only race 12th, it would suck to book flights, hotels and everything and then not get a race. Maybe this is an incentive for some local guys to pick up a kit? 12th is rather cheap compared to TC.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Well, so long as there is going to be the minimum required for a class then I'm interested. Onroad I only race 12th, it would suck to book flights, hotels and everything and then not get a race. Maybe this is an incentive for some local guys to pick up a kit? 12th is rather cheap compared to TC.
the locals have kits.............. just they choose to run on carpet only so they dont scratch em up ! come on guys, i got mine up and running as people said they would start running, but no one showed up ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.