Community
Wiki Posts
Search

associated gt

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

I love them! The only difference is that your wrench has enough room with the flat face T4 rims.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by notch
I love them! The only difference is that your wrench has enough room with the flat face T4 rims.
Yeah I was thinking about that the other day. Will have to pick myself up a few sets.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Problem with Idel...need help

My rc10gt plus is less then a month old Broke it in and tore it down for cleaning when i got it back together....it was leaning out really bad...i thought it was an air leak so I inspected for lose bolts well i found that it was if I turned my Idle trim all the way left it would idle....easy fix right so i thougt....well i re-ajusted my servo and it still all the way left. It is begining to drive me nuts...i taken the carberator off inspected it adjusted it....I got the thing to run half a tank and it stalled and started to do the same thing...I am wondering if i should just replace the carb...or any ideas on the problem im overlooking????

Thanx
Old 03-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Try this. Turn the electronics on. Take the air filter off. Pull the trigger so that the carb is wide open. Now Turn the idle screw clockwise. Your idle might be to low.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

ive done that...and it leans out massive...to even have it idel it is almost closed at the top and the tires still want to spin even when it is idled down. It has given me a headach....lol
Old 03-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

In these case scenarios I find it is best to start over. First turn the high end screw all the way in (till it feels tight not to hard) Now back that screw out 2 3/4 to 3 turns out. Now find the low end adjustment on the carb. turn it in..careful. now turn it out counting the revolutions to 2. check the fuel line and the tank for possible air leaks. Tighten the heat sink and other motor screw excluding the adjustments.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Initiate

ive done all that....and when i did It brought my idle down to the norm...but like i said i had to turn my throtle trim all the way left so the tires would stop spinning. When i adjusted my throttle servo i was back a square one....leaning out....i think i have an air leak or my carb is screwed.....
Old 03-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

You need to seal the carb with some liquid gasket.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Initiate

ill try that and let you know the resault......
Old 03-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Oh I have another idea perhaps the throttle horn has become loose. It is ussually a nut that fits around the low end adjustment.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Initiate

ive checked it i had to adjust my throttle arm so....Is there any specs on that to be exact...
Old 03-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Yes around 1:30 12:00 being vertical
Old 03-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Initiate

when i get this resolved im selling this car if you know of anyone looking....it hasent even had a full gallon through it, have pics of the car....i have had no problems with My MGT seems to start everytime....Looking to get the new LST....
Old 03-28-2004, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TrickedMGT
when i get this resolved im selling this car if you know of anyone looking....it hasent even had a full gallon through it, have pics of the car....i have had no problems with My MGT seems to start everytime....Looking to get the new LST....

Check that where the top end jet screws in is tight. The nut that holds where the fuel goes in. If it's not it will suck air and will give you tuning problems.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I might get a gt to try off road this summer. I was wondering what engine you guys run in your trucks and how you like them? As far as I know the engine has to be short threaded crank shaft, rotary carb, and side exaust right? Im mainly looking at an Orion Wasp (but I'm not sure which one), or and O.S. I want it to be reliable, and still fast (I know putting those two things together can be hard to find in an motor ). I couldnt find any OS engines that look like they would work. I would want one of the higher end OS engines. But Im not sure if they make any high end off road .12 engines.

Also, does anyone have a link where I could find information about the new o'donnel/associated engine? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.