Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Scent in fuel Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
Personally i find the smell of nitro to be somewhat offensive. It stings my nose hairs. Using an additive to make it smell better is good imo. If it doesn't change the tune and doesn't gum up the engine then i'm fine with it. Its cheap and it helps the fuel smell less offensive, i'm all for it. I have only seen it at one hobby shop and bought a bottle to try out, i must say i was pleasantly suprised. I haven't been using it lately but will probably go back to using it here soon. I was hoping the smoke would get the mosquitoes away, but they don't seem to mind it :/
Adding a scent doesn't make nitro exhaust any less harmful. Why would you want to make exhaust easier to inhale?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Briguy
Are you so insecure about yourself that you need to post these stupid remarks ?
You must be a scent lover......
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
You must be a scent lover......
Are you 12 ?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Adding a scent doesn't make nitro exhaust any less harmful. Why would you want to make exhaust easier to inhale?
I didn't say it magically made it wonderful to inhale. I said it makes it less offensive on the nose hairs.

I like nitro and wouldn't switch the electric for anything, but when the wind isn't blowing the exhaust can get pretty bad. I don't mind the smell of nitro, but some fuels are downright horrid. O'donnell is a prime example. Good fuel, but smells really rank when burned. Other fuels aren't as bad but still. A couple bucks and a few drops fixes my nose hair issue, so i'm all for it.

If you like the smell of nitro, then great. More power to ya.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we race indoors in the winter and when i ran the odonnell it was horrible.. So i bought the vanilla parma scent and its great.. pretty cool when it fills up the whole place and it makes it a little less agrivating to run with 12 truggies in side. the vanilla is the strongest out of them all.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
I didn't say it magically made it wonderful to inhale. I said it makes it less offensive on the nose hairs.

I like nitro and wouldn't switch the electric for anything, but when the wind isn't blowing the exhaust can get pretty bad. I don't mind the smell of nitro, but some fuels are downright horrid. O'donnell is a prime example. Good fuel, but smells really rank when burned. Other fuels aren't as bad but still. A couple bucks and a few drops fixes my nose hair issue, so i'm all for it.

If you like the smell of nitro, then great. More power to ya.
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. If the smell of nitro exhaust is really bothering you for whatever reason, that's a good warning sign. That's your brain telling you that you need more fresh air, or get away from the exhaust pipe, or to wear a respirator. The fumes were never meant to be covered up at all. Please let me know if my reasoning is flawed.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 071crazy
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. If the smell of nitro exhaust is really bothering you for whatever reason, that's a good warning sign. That's your brain telling you that you need more fresh air, or get away from the exhaust pipe, or to wear a respirator. The fumes were never meant to be covered up at all. Please let me know if my reasoning is flawed.
Agreed!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Briguy
Are you 12 ?
Ok Bri I give up....... I still think it makes no sense nor is it safe...... I think is worst than just regular fuel.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Ok Bri I give up....... I still think it makes no sense nor is it safe...... I think is worst than just regular fuel.
wow i think the fuel should be left alone but if people want it to have a pink paint job and smell like cherrys maybe the fast cars will stay behind it because it smells pretty. But more power to em i might put some in at one random time to get a laugh at the track when someone walks by and says whats the smell someone wearing perfume!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
wow i think the fuel should be left alone but if people want it to have a pink paint job and smell like cherrys maybe the fast cars will stay behind it because it smells pretty. But more power to em i might put some in at one random time to get a laugh at the track when someone walks by and says whats the smell someone wearing perfume!!!
Thats just funny but Very True
Old 08-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what a stupid invention. I got better things to waste my money on than some crap to change the smell of my exhaust fumes. Hell I dont drink flavoring to change the way my fart smells. Why would I care about the way my buggy smells? Nor would anyone else at the track care.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

I'm not tring to be an @$$ but I don't think he cares if we like to use it or not. He just wants to know if the nitro scent would do any damage to the .21 engines. I've never had a problem with my engines. My opinion go ahead and get it. Nothing bad will happen to your engine.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have thought about trying it just to get some reactions from the marshalls. But i wouldnt do it all the time, the nitro smell dosent bother me.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That stuff is not very useful for cars. Too little fuel used.

If you run a big saito/os 4 stroke on an airplane with the scent, you can make the whole field smelling like food.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All your doing is adding a bit of oil to your fuel, it will not harm your engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.