Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Ask Aaron Waldron >

Ask Aaron Waldron

Ask Aaron Waldron

Old 06-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default BK Bones

Will those cool dogbones with bearings at the outdrive and the custom outdrives to fit the bearings be available for all to use? I am hoping to get a set for my BK2 and XXX4. I saw them in a picture on Ryan's worlds winning XXX4. Do you yourself use them?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Balancing tires

I just thought of another question, do you balance tires? If so how do you balance the front tires of the BK2? I have a magnetic prop balancer, but the balancing shaft does not fit into the front wheel hole.

Thanks again.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

dasdaman - As far as I know, there's no plan to sell them right now. All the pairs I've seen, Brian has made them himself.

I don't have them..but I might stumble across a couple sets before the Shootout.

I do balance my tires, but never buggy fronts.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Aaron are you racing this weekend?
Old 06-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Nope

I have family flying in for graduation on Tuesday, so I'll be hanging out with them.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aaron what up? Got my Bk2 Pretty dialed in now but still want to get rid of that push..using some lead weights up front no washers under front ball studs..over all rear traction and everything is good but want to get more steering though the tight sections any ideas?
Old 06-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Run long front arms. It'll get rid of that low speed push immediately.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Practice

Hello Aron, Just wondering when you reach the level your at do you still practice.

And do you have any special pointers you could give me on practice so I can make the most of it, this is my first season racing and am totally hooked.

Thanks
Dave Mac
Old 06-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Dave Mac - Yup, I practice as much as I possibly can. Not only does it help keep me sharp..but it's still a lot of fun for me.

I wrote a really big post on how I practice..and I can't seem to find it. Does anyone remember where it went? mafia maybe?
Old 06-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Aaron

I dont think it is in your thread because i have read every word in it!!! good stuff. maybe their is a search I can do.

Thanks
Dave mac
Old 06-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Aaron, you have a great thread, thanks for the tips. I have a few questions.

How would you gear a Monster Horsepower stock for the xxx-t (original 2:43 tranny ratio) for most off-road conditions?

Are the foam inserts that come with losi tires acceptable for most condions or do you recommend any other types of foam?

I have been using a Tekin 411-G2 esc that is 10+ years old for racing and just ordered at novak gt7. Please tell me that is a worthwhile investment.

Thanks for your help. Tim
Old 06-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Mafia to the rescue!

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron

Before practice starts, I make it a habit to physically walk the track to look at the faces of the jumps, the width of corners, any possibility of straight-lining a section, etc. I will walk to the driver's stand and have someone point out certain areas like holes, and reference points for hitting jumps and turning into corners.

The first few laps of practice are always slow; in fact, I might even single every jump on the first lap, just to get used to the track surface and how my car or truck will react to the angle of the jumps. I will drive around the middle of the lanes for the first 3-5 laps to get a feel for the layout; when I get comfortable, I will then decide going down the straight to strap it up and try to put in 2 or 3 fast laps. After those laps, I'll turn it down a bit into cruise control, and start thinking of places to make up time. If at all possible, I'll cut the track and do the same section over and over until I'm comfortable going through it a certain way.

When I am comfortable driving laps at race pace, I start looking for jump combinations or different lines through corners that might shave off some time. Before practice ends, I will always try to burn off a few laps as fast am I feel I can drive around the track without crashing. I really don't like using laptimes to judge how I do in practice, but I do like to try driving around with Adam or someone else who is faster during practice to find out how they drive through a particular section.

Old 06-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

hey Timmerica, are you gunna be selling that Tekin? PM me if so.
Thanks
Old 06-13-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

D Mac - Mafia got it

Mafia - You're so dialed! haha

timmerica - I would start at 16/86. The P2K2 is better suited to trucks that the monster..but it shouldn't be bad.

The stock inserts are best for most tracks. Only when the track is very high speed, or has lots of hard-packed areas, would harder foam be necessary.

The GT7 is a great investment to replace your old Tekin.

Good luck..and if you need anything, let me know!
Old 06-13-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Mafia

you off the hook, thanks dude

dmac

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.