Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I bent the tip on my muffler which caused a crack around the weld area and it's really fouling up the way the motor runs. Anyone got a good tip on patching the crack?
i have repaired them using a rub on Aluminum solder with great success
Old 06-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Anybody have a phone number for Nexus Racing? I've got a password issue. Anybody else having issues? Thanks, Nick A
Nexus Racing, LLC
Phone: 678-439-6398 (customer service only - no phone orders please)
Old 06-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

So, I've recently taken on racing again, and got myself an NT1 2012 spec. So far, I like what I see... Building the kit was easy enough and the default setup is almost right for the track where I usually drive (dms Gouda, in the Netherlands). My previous car was a Serpent 720, and I still have loads of spares for that. I've been going through my collection and have been salvaging what I could, to reuse on my new car.

One of the things I like to re-use is my serpent spring set and the RCC shocks, of which I have 6 sets. At the rear, everything fits fine, but the front is a bit different. Evn though the serpent springs are longer than the XRay springs, in combination with the RCC shocks, I find the length to be a bit short still... Is there anyone here who uses RCC shocks and serpent springs with an NT1, and what mods did you make, if any?

I really like the RCC shocks... They work well and are really easy to build and maintain.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
Nexus Racing, LLC
Phone: 678-439-6398 (customer service only - no phone orders please)
Thank You very much!!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Qlone
So, I've recently taken on racing again, and got myself an NT1 2012 spec. So far, I like what I see... Building the kit was easy enough and the default setup is almost right for the track where I usually drive (dms Gouda, in the Netherlands). My previous car was a Serpent 720, and I still have loads of spares for that. I've been going through my collection and have been salvaging what I could, to reuse on my new car.

One of the things I like to re-use is my serpent spring set and the RCC shocks, of which I have 6 sets. At the rear, everything fits fine, but the front is a bit different. Evn though the serpent springs are longer than the XRay springs, in combination with the RCC shocks, I find the length to be a bit short still... Is there anyone here who uses RCC shocks and serpent springs with an NT1, and what mods did you make, if any?

I really like the RCC shocks... They work well and are really easy to build and maintain.
The RCC shocks are really good and i`ve seen them used on the nt1. Maybe yoy can put longer ball links on them to get the length you want.
i`ll be racing national on Gouda next month. nice track.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Some help ?

Originally Posted by Doctor Danger
I was after some advice on the super lightweight front solid axel. It has about 3+ mm play and doesn't seem to sit on the pin properly. If I was to push it, the pulley that is , the pin only sits half way in the hub/holder. Anyone else experienced this? Can it be shimmed ? Do the shims in the NT1 kit fit? Is this why everyones running gear diff ? I have built a killer car and it seems to be the only problem. My local track, a solid front is usually way to go, also I like the idea of such a low rotating mass up front. But don't think I want to run my car with a half captured pin. Why would X-ray do this .. It doesn't seem right. Any help would be more than appreciated.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone dealt with this problem. Might have to use gear diff or multi diff . Some advice please!! I really want to run lightweight solid. Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Doctor Danger
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone dealt with this problem. Might have to use gear diff or multi diff . Some advice please!! I really want to run lightweight solid. Thanks
Can you post some photos to show us? Are you sure you assembled everything correctly?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Front solid problem solved

I finally worked out why the front solid axel isn't working. I didn't get the little spring that holds the bearing tight on the opp. Side . Did anyone else not get this spring when they bought lightweight front solid axel? Part no. 967100 ... How the he'll em I going to get this little spring/washer/clip . I bet they don't sell it separately . So angry... I deffinantly didn't get it as I looked at the pack for three days before I opened it. Has anyone ordered this part before. Ahhh so angry....
Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Bloody O clip was missing....
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

guys jus picked up a WC Edition was wondering if i could retro fit the 12 chassis and radio tray to get a little more flex or should jus leave the car stock for now

Last edited by transplantlife; 06-15-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
guys jus picked up a WC Edition was wondering if i could retro fit the 12 chassis and radio tray to get a little more flex or should jus leave the car stock for now
You should be able to mount it on the new chassis.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Have brand new in box nt1 wc if anyone is looking

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...c-edition.html
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default receiver box

Is anybody using a different box then the xray one?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Is anybody using a different box then the xray one?
there's nothing wrong with the xray box
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
there's nothing wrong with the xray box
There's a couple of "wrong" things with it if you ask me. Here is the main problem and since i balance my cars that means i can lose 50-60 grams.
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-photo.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.