Search

SOUTH FLORIDA ONROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SOUTH FLORIDA ONROAD RACING

Hello,
As part of SF-RC i would like to say hi..I started this thread to get feedback on how to get onroad racing back up and going again in the South Florida area..We are home to Team Serpent USA so i know there are nitro drivers out there..Tracks in the area Coral Springs,Oakland Park Speedway,Village Racway,Homestead RC Speedway,and (DON'T FORGET HOME OF THE WINTERNATS) Fort Myers..As part of SF-RC we try to put on events to help out the hobby(OR FOR SOME PEOPLE I WILL SAY SPORT)..So far this year we sponsor 2ND Annual Racing Under Stars and up coming 2 Hour Enduro Race at Village Raceway..So what needs to be done to get old racers out and get new racers in..

Thanks
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

we in south florida need to have all the tracks communicate with each other so three tracks arent having club races on the same day that way all the races will get more racers attending
Old 08-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Change your name !:

" Mugoshodude":

Just messin
Later

Jeff E
Blowin' Smoke BBQ:
Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

i hear u jeff
Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

See yall
In the AM

later
jeff
Old 08-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Yesterday, 08:59 AM
Report | Post #2

we in south florida need to have all the tracks communicate with each other so three tracks arent having club races on the same day that way all the races will get more racers attending
murnan modified rb xenon R ballistic missle i love the smell of nitro in the morning
www.rc-racing.org

Don't think thats the problem because alot of the tracks have not had a race in a long time ..Only ones i hear of is Village Raceway and some times Homestead.Oakland Park Speedway is dead don't know whats going on with Coral Springs with nitro Fort Myers BIG RACES ONLY well with this year holding a summer series.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugendude
Originally Posted by iceman76
Yesterday, 08:59 AM
Report | Post #2

murnan modified rb xenon R ballistic missle i love the smell of nitro in the morning
www.rc-racing.org

Don't think thats the problem because alot of the tracks have not had a race in a long time ..Only ones i hear of is Village Raceway and some times Homestead.Oakland Park Speedway is dead don't know whats going on with Coral Springs with nitro Fort Myers BIG RACES ONLY well with this year holding a summer series.

Iceman, say it is........You also have PNP, Kissimmee, Port Charlote....they seemed to have had the same days up till just a few weeks ago. Now Kissimmee and Port Charlote have different weeks.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys:

Here in PR the onroad lower a little, we still have an average of 60 entries per event. Actually were also trying to keep the racers and atrack new ones. One of the things we do to atrack new comers are to keep the Outlaw class. There is very difficult to new ones to buy a complete car that fullfill the sedan rules.

Also the association wich I am the president, we make the itinerary, we stablish one race per month and divide then equally between tracks. We discuss with them all the issues regarding the events, but the association is the one who keep record of the championship.

The onroad is having difficult times right now, mainly due to the low amount of money available to spend in hobby, but with an outlaw class you can keep it economy.

Sorry about my English, I normally speak Spanish.

See you on Kissimme next October.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Ok please read south florida kiss is not south florida pnp port charlote not south florida Miami dade broward Palm Beach..Tracks are Coral Sprngs Oakland Park Speedway Village Raceway Homested and i say Fort Myers Because people form these areas can drive home after a race from Fort Myers..

Thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Hey iceman76. I am an old On-road racer from back in the day when the track at Tropical was sill up and running. Ever since that track closed down I noticed a big drop in On-road interest. Alot of guys I raced with just packed up and sold all their gear (As did I). Since John opened the track in homestead I have met up with a few of the regulars from Tropical there but not many. I have been getting back into the game little by little and recently purchased a 1/10 mugen to mess with at the track. I too would love to see more interest in On-Road racing here in South Florida. The guys at Homestead have done a great job with that track and its a wonderful location. So far, I go on Saturdays for practice and the turn out varies. I dont know what to tell you, maybe its the summer heat???

They have a great turn out every Wed. night for the 1/14 scale recoil races. The guys there set up a killer track under the tents and start racing at around 8:30pm and shut down shop at 11pm.

I do believe that getting into a true 1/10 scale racer (Mugen/Serpent/Xray) can get a bit pricey. Maybe by offering a beginners to intermediate class where guys can bring their HPI's or Traxxas 4-tecs might help bring in some new racers. Another big help is to just throw the names and addresses to all the mentioned tracks. I for one am familiar with Fort Myers and Homestead but not with Coral Springs, Oakland Park Speedway or Village Raceway. Where exactly are these tracks? I think its also up to us to simply spread the word and start making people aware of these tracks and let them know how much fun on-road RC racing can be.

I think this is a great post and I only hope that more old racers come out of the wood works and help spread the word about all these tracks. If you can get me more details on those tracks I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for posting iceman and I will keep track of this thread and pass it around to as many people as I can in my area. Anything to help get on-road racing going again in South Florida!!

Homestead RC Speedway -1 Speedway Blvd - Homestead, FL 33035
Turnpike South to Campbell Dr. Take Campbell Drive east to 137th Ave. Turn South on 137th till you hit the speedway. At the first left before the speedway there is a sign that says "Homestead RC" Follow that sign to the left and the track will be a bit down directly on the right hand side.

Ft Myers - http://www.winternats.com/location.htm
Old 09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default On-Road racing all over the world.

This thread is funny; it reminds me of one of favorite movies of all time.

"The Road Warrior"

Do you remember when they had the “tanker” full of gas and they didn’t know how they were going to move it?

The old guy says “What do want us to do with it, drag it?”

Then “Mad Max” says “A few days ago I saw a Rig that could haul that tanker, if you want to get out of here, talk to me”

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro Series
Event Marketing
www.rcprosites.com

Last edited by Jspeed; 09-05-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just a thought but maybe you should go out and help the track owners and help setup and run the track not just look for the easy way to race and haul before it gets put up and takin care of for the next time out.. or just buy a radio shack car or recoil and play in a 75 foot circle.. i think there are too many talkers and no workers in that area...
Old 09-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Can I Get a AAAAAAA-MEN .

That's Why You gotta give Big props the Track Owners & Works who ALWAYS ( DO ) work Hard for the rest of Us to Play ....With our toy cars ...
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TrickPonYracing
just a thought but maybe you should go out and help the track owners and help setup and run the track not just look for the easy way to race and haul before it gets put up and takin care of for the next time out.. or just buy a radio shack car or recoil and play in a 75 foot circle.. i think there are too many talkers and no workers in that area...
Yes, unfortunately there are many who just come to race and leave but there are some of us that help out as much as we can. I guess you have had bad experiences with tracks down here. I don't blame you for being upset but I don't think its fair to bash the few of us that are trying to get this going again. We have never had a strong track down here that has stood the test of time, but I can say that the track owner at homestead is doing a great job at keeping the place up for us and there is a wonderful group of track supporters that are out there taking care of the track and helping out with whatever needs to get done. Yes there are many who just "race and haul" but the track wouldn't be open if it weren't for the few who help out! TrickPonYracing - please don't take offense. I don't want to start anything with anyone, I'm just defending the few that try really hard to keep things going down here. Although our efforts sometimes goes unnoticed it is an effort non-the less.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Almtx3,
How are things down there. Any Good Club Racing? I'd like to swing down once before the state race hits there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.