Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Talk about deja vu all over again
Starring Denzel Washington....lol...
Old 07-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can't help but laugh every time the rc police are out in force dictating who can race and who isn't allowed in a class.. Funny the same guys who preach about fun are also the ones who get so mad over experienced racers. Get over yourselves, they are toy model cars. This isn't life or death and nobody cares.
silden likes this.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
nothing like watching serious racers in a beginner class lmao "hey I won!!! against the 6-8 year olds"
And nothing more satisfying than watching these 8 year olds destroy these same racers in just a couple of years
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
And nothing more satisfying than watching these 8 year olds destroy these same racers in just a couple of years
lol so true
Old 07-22-2018, 06:39 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Yeah, if they stick with it and keep coming back!
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That is a really, really big "if". Little kids' personalities change on an almost-daily basis, so expecting them to still care about the same thing several years later is unreasonable.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

We have been hearing a lot of this locally. Because of that I am selling my truck if anyone is interested. A group of us decided this past winter we are all going to get the kits and have some fun. We did for a few weeks until people started accusing us of cheating.
As far as the class itself, just leave it as is. Box stock with bearings. Tamiya opened it up when they said lubricant on moving parts. Ready for a super secret? Tamiya AW grease on the shocks.
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

My son has been wanting to start racing, and he's got a truck now and he loves racing against us more experienced guys, it gives him a good point as to where he can be as he practices, and everyone in the class is thankfully easy going, but the main thing is not to get it too bogged down with rules / trophys and other bs. I think if done right it can still be a good fun class even with experienced guys in there, but you have to ensure the toxic trophy hunters spoiling it, and you keep the rules simple, the moment you make it brushless this, all that other c#ap, it may as well be another sanctioned class, and then you can try and get it roar/efra approved bla bla bla zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
rccartips and silden like this.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

I have no problem with the class at all. It's a great spec class that was designed to keep the costs down. It's the equivalent of RJ Speed Legends in the oval racing scene. Just have to make sure the people racing it follow the rules that were laid out and then everyone will have a good time. I don't like running against drivers that I feel are still new and nervous, but sometimes when I want a lower stress day I love racing a spec class like that. It's just supposed to be fun and enjoyable.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Racers here follow the rules and lube in the shocks is no big deal in the big scheme of things but motors are the problem here where I race I've raced ttrucks with some of the best truck racers in California and had a great time doing it but the lack consistency in the motors and their life span.has killed the class here I was at a race this past weekend and one of my fellow racers said look at the can of worms you opened up on RCtech . I told him I after we laughed about it that all I wanted to do was make truck racing easier when you throw your truck down it was going to be just as fast as it was the race before. Since I use used the truck as a 3rd class I don't want to work on it at the track I just want to throw it down and race. A fixed timing 25.5 motor of the same brand would make that so much easier do. No motor maintence .
Old 07-24-2018, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowdoughracer
I have no problem with the class at all. It's a great spec class that was designed to keep the costs down. It's the equivalent of RJ Speed Legends in the oval racing scene. Just have to make sure the people racing it follow the rules that were laid out and then everyone will have a good time. I don't like running against drivers that I feel are still new and nervous, but sometimes when I want a lower stress day I love racing a spec class like that. It's just supposed to be fun and enjoyable.
RJ Speed (Bolink) is the best form of a spec class
Old 07-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
RJ Speed (Bolink) is the best form of a spec class
I agree with that! I wish we could get the oval guys who run the Legends cars in my area to try running them on the road course just to see how they would do. The cars are so incredibly durable and easy to work on. It could be another great way to get people driving around the track with low cost.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Try a RJ Speed Spec 10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.