Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

has the screw ever backed out on you?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default OK GUYS I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR EVERYONE

Hey guys like the title says I have some news!!!
As i had loved my MoosRacing carbon fibre chassi I have been in discussion with John and I am officially a MoosRacing team driver.
So now there will be plenty more product reviews and etc for everyone running a hyper 9e.
Cheers

P.s i will post all results from testing and etc when I know its the right time.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

is there a web site for moos racing?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by charly71
is there a web site for moos racing?
Yes there is indeed it doesnt list all the chassis and etc that he does
here it is http://www.moosracing.mono.net/8993/Home
And check out the forums http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-must-see.html

and http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_98...tm.htm#9880508
Cheers
Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Congratulations Shano. + I Qualified Second in the "Endless Summer Series".

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey guys like the title says I have some news!!!
As i had loved my MoosRacing carbon fibre chassi I have been in discussion with John and I am officially a MoosRacing team driver.
So now there will be plenty more product reviews and etc for everyone running a hyper 9e.
Cheers

P.s i will post all results from testing and etc when I know its the right time.

Congratulations shano, thank you for sharing this news with us. I'm extreemly happy for you, bud. You deserve to be sponsored. Enjoy it and keep on racing with passion and have lots of fun racing as well. never forget this is all about having fun with what you love to do. If you're having fun, that's what's important.

By the way, snrscion aka Steve and I were at the track together yesterday, and had a great practice. snrscion and I were going head to head with our Hyper 9e buggies. I was running the 2cell LiPo with Matrix Concepts chassis and complete kit, snrscion running the 4cell LiPo and 1/8th scale motor and esc. The 1409 1Y motor is working out great for the Hyper 9e. My max motor temp was 151 degrees, and the buggy was as fast if not faster than any of the 1/8th scale buggies. it was my best practice day ever. I also qualified second in the first two qualifiers. This is the best I've ever done before. I've never been in the top three qualifiers in the sportsmen class. This is the first time I've raced in one year. It's safe to say my skills are still sharp. Thank you for running with me snrscion. It was good to see you again, and I didn't realize until yesterday, that I knew you from ocrc. It was funny how when someone showed you my Hyper 9e with all the Matrix Concepts carbon fiber, you instantly knew the buggy from RCtech. You said, "That belongs to MindThoughts". Good to see you again Steve. Hope to have many more head to head practice sessions in the near future, with you. will be nice to see the new layout next week. it will be done this Tuesday, I believe. It's suppose to be awesome.

PS. The Matrix Concepts Inc. Carbon Fiber Chassis is absolutely amazing in every way. This was by far the lightest buggy at the track. The lightweight carbon fiber chassis and parts all performed exceptionally well. Jumping, conrering and landing was all super smooth. I will post videos of my two qualifier races as soon as is possible. if anyone has tips on how I can improve my driving, Please let me know. I'm always interested in becoming the best driver I can possibly be. Thank you again, for reading. I hope to hear feedback on my two qualifiers once I've posted the links up. I still have to download the videos to you tube.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds good,i wish i could run with you guys.Also i am extremely syched that a indoor on and offroad carpet track is being put in about 30 miles away from me.That means no clay to clean off and a cooler running environment.and maximum grip.Hey snrscion my part from you should be here soon and can't wait to finally throw some fast laps down on the track(without my esc falling out)lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Any way you can convince John of Moos to make the ordering process easier? Like have a checkout with itemized lists of what's available and a comment box for any particulars you would want. Just bought a pre-loved hyper 9E and this chassis looks like one heck of an upgrade for the track .

Does anyone have pictures of the VE8 or any other body that fits this car well? Lastly are there any sources for upgrades for this car, I've really only seen a few things on ebay.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Email John and let him know you would like an up-to-date website.

Originally Posted by supafastsupra2
Any way you can convince John of Moos to make the ordering process easier? Like have a checkout with itemized lists of what's available and a comment box for any particulars you would want. Just bought a pre-loved hyper 9E and this chassis looks like one heck of an upgrade for the track .

Does anyone have pictures of the VE8 or any other body that fits this car well? Lastly are there any sources for upgrades for this car, I've really only seen a few things on ebay.

Thanks

unfortunately John is to busy selling these chassis all over the world to update his web site. I completely agree it would be nice if John could update his web site, I think he's having a hard time keeping up with the rate of business as it is. John will make just about anything you want in carbon fiber. You just have to email him directly and let him know what you want. that's how everyone is ordering right now. what's important is that your order is met. and so far, John has a perfect record. It would be awesome if John could hire someone to update his website to include everything that John makes in Carbon Fiber. But I'm grateful he has a web site as all. many people I know that make parts, don't even have a web site, I just know them from the track and word of mouth. we should give John some credit for the great work he's doing. and as you can see, very few companies make performance parts for the Hyper 9e, that's why I always ask people to thank John of MoosRacing and Robert of Matrix Concepts for making parts for our Buggies. this is the first hobby I've ever run into this problem, we have a great buggy, the Hyper 9e, and very few option choices available to us. You can look at NitroHouse dot com under the Hyper 9e hop ups pages. and that's the majority of what can be purchased. Keep in mind Matrix Concepts is making carbon fiber chassis for these buggies that are super awesome. almost half the weight of the stock chassis, and more flex as well. it's a huge performance upgrade. if you want a chassis now, John of moosracing is making his carbon fiber, kevlar, aluminum recipe. both are great chassis.

PS. email John your concerns about his website, that's the best way to get it fixed, or updated. by letting him know that's important to you, the customer.

PPS. and don't forget the Elite-RC motor mount. that's a must have upgrade for every Hyper 9e made. Google search Elite-RC and you can either buy the Hyper 9e motor mount on the web page, and or email Brandon, owner/designer of the motor mount, and ask any questions you may have. Have a great day, and congratulations on your new buggy. I believe the Hyper 9e is the best of the best. no doubt.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default The Matrix 9E- Carbon Fiber Hyper 9e. I had a Great two Qualifiers Saturday.

Here are my videos of Saturdays Race. This is the best I've ever done. I qualified Second Place twice, with the Hyper 9e, running only one, 2cell LiPo, while all other buggies ran 4cell at 14.8volts. And I had equal power and speed, if not faster than all the other buggies. This ultralight Carbon Fiber Hyper 9e makes a Huge performance difference. this was the lightest buggy at the track in 1/8th scale. I let a few pro racers run the buggy and they couldn't believe it. They were amazed to say the least. everyone loved the Carbon Fiber chassis and the handling of the buggy. it was a great day, that's for sure. I couldn't stay for the main race because my ride was leaving, but I was very happy with qualifying second place in the sportsmen class. I was running 1st place in the second qualifier, but as you can see, all the adrenalin and excitement was too much for me and I made a few mistakes before I got my rythm back. I believe lots of practice will help me with this minor flaw in my driving. I still qualified second, what a great weekend. a completely new layout with lots of elevation changes is being built right now at West Coast RC Raceway in La Mirada CA. I hope I can make it to the track this Tuesday for practice. If anyone has any comments, ideas or tips and tricks for me, regarding my two you tube videos, please feel free to express your thoughts here or on the you tube comments area. Have a great day, and check out these two videos if you have time.

1st qualifier. I'm running one, 2cell Thunder Power 50c Pro Race LiPo the entire day, with the 1409 1Y 3600kv Nue motor. Max motor temp was 151.F. I'm the white buggy starting second to last in the line-up. and worked my way up from last place, to second place. The person who won both qualifiers works at the track, his name is Hector.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDyHQjg_a8

2ond qualifier. when I was in first place, I was so excited I tried extra hard to stay calm, that's why I didn't jump the tripple for so long, but later realized I had to in order to stay in second. I feel with practice, I will win sportsmen soon. This was a great race. it's so hard to focus with my entire body shaking with excitement when I'm in first place. Any suggestions on how you stay calm in first place would be awesome. This video begins with a few laps of pratice just before the race begins. I'm the second buggy, white body; from the front. Enjoy the video, and please post videos of your Hyper 9e races and pratice runs as well. I'm still running the one, 2cell LiPo with 1409 1Y 3600kv Steve Nue motor, and All Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis and Accessories. I have not yet weighed the carbon fiber chassis, Buggy; nor parts. Enjoy the Video. and please feel free to comment or make any suggestions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyhJ1xGEb8
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

To calm down during a race try clenching you butt cheeks. It sounds funny but it works. Also works for public speaking

Between the Matrix and Moos chassis' which would you say is the superior build and why? I have seen the elite-rc mounts before for different buggies and will definitely add it to the "must have" list.

If I cut the top tray to run a MMP on the chassis plate will I induce too much flex or will it be OK without any extra stiffeners/ top plates / etc.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default That's quite funny indeed.

Originally Posted by supafastsupra2
To calm down during a race try clenching you butt cheeks. It sounds funny but it works. Also works for public speaking

Between the Matrix and Moos chassis' which would you say is the superior build and why? I have seen the elite-rc mounts before for different buggies and will definitely add it to the "must have" list.

If I cut the top tray to run a MMP on the chassis plate will I induce too much flex or will it be OK without any extra stiffeners/ top plates / etc.

That's really a great idea, I can't stop laughing right now. that's hilarious. How did you learn about that?

as for the better chassis, that's going to be personal preference. I recieved both chassis almost at the same time. and because I had asked Robert of Matrix Concepts to build a chassis weeks before asking John of moosracing, I've been running the Matrix Chassis exclusively. When I do run the moosraing chassis, when I have time to test it; I will most certainly let you know what I think. I can say both chassis are top notch quality in every way. It's really like comparing two sportscars of equal price. they are both well made in every respect. By look and feel alone, they both have great flex and great finish. I like them both, but I've not yet run the MoosRacing Chassis. I do know that shano loves his moosracing chassis and has been racing and practicing with it and gives it top notch reviews, no complaints from anyone that runs either chassis. Robert has been making the carbon fiber chassis for four years for the Losi 8ight buggies, and John of MoosRacing has been making carbon fiber chassis for 1/8th scale buggies for four years as well. Either choice will be a good one. Being that cost is so reasonable, you may want to pick up both chassis and do your own review. for now, you can talk to shano and John of moosracing directly. and for Matrix Concepts, you can email Robert directly to have any and all of your questions answered. Have a great day, and thank you very much for the advice, I'll definitely try the muscle flex idea
Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

MT your ultra light, 2s setup makes perfect sense on the track you're racing. Im afraid that with the large outdoor, SX style tracks we have that neither would last long here in the midwest. I'm all for lightweight, as many know, but not at the cost of failure. I will be working with Bill at BCE to design a lightweight yet longer and better chassis for the 9E. Im still waiting for them to come off of backorder so I can get it built and on the track.

As far as your driving. I really liked your slow is fast aproach. You keepo doin what you're doin and the raw speed will come.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mindthoughts,

Is your buggy under weight when running a single 2S and the carbon chassis? Minimum for 1/8th is something like 7.05lbs (3200g).
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Mindthoughts,
Can you post the whole setup of your Hyper 9 (diff oil, shocks setup, arm, toe in F/R, squat, shocks fixing hubs, ..) ?
Thank you
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
Mindthoughts,

Is your buggy under weight when running a single 2S and the carbon chassis? Minimum for 1/8th is something like 7.05lbs (3200g).
Yeah I held his car in my hands it is super light I don't think it meets minimum weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.