Wiki Posts
Search

what 1 12 pan car to get

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
From the pictures I looked at on the BMI website this car is not designed very well for brushless. The rear pod is still setup for brushed motors. Meaning the car will be heavy to one side in the rear due to the added length of a BL motor. The rear POD needs to be redesigned to center the motor which CRC has done with there latest car.

Just my observation.
I'm pretty sure that BMI has brushed and brushless versions of their cars.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

I am in the market to buy myself an 1/12 scale to and i was looking at the 12R5 but then i read that this has some issues??? is this fixed in the new 12R5.1???
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

From the pictures I looked at on the BMI website this car is not designed very well for brushless. The rear pod is still setup for brushed motors. Meaning the car will be heavy to one side in the rear due to the added length of a BL motor. The rear POD needs to be redesigned to center the motor which CRC has done with there latest car.

Just my observation.
The 10R and 12R was originally supplied with a brushed pod the RR versions have a wider pod for brushless with the narrow right hub to get the weight in the right place.

Jason
Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Just my observation.
Thats right.
But you have to buy the DB12RR.
This car has the wider rearpod so you can use brushless motors.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
I am in the market to buy myself an 1/12 scale to and i was looking at the 12R5 but then i read that this has some issues??? is this fixed in the new 12R5.1???
I beleive that it's been fixed, at least the one that I knew of. The arms were not drilled straight, causing the caster to be unequal.
E
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Just my observation.
I think you need to get your glasses checked, the BMI DB12RR was designed specificly for brushless and can be bought with either the nimh or lipo specific chassis.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just my observation.
We no longer sell the car you are speaking of. That was out origional car from over a year ago. Our car comes with all of the latest updates with no need to buy any additional parts. It comes with all of the upgrades.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone have BMI DB12rr for sale
Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by infernoman2008
does anyone have BMI DB12rr for sale
Jason does at bmiracing.com and try stormerhobbies.com
E
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Your lhs should be able to get irs if not alot of the ae stuff transfers over. Heres a list of what is nice to have when starting out in 12th
caster block set, ae or irs
irs lower arms
rear ride height adjuster set, ae
diff rings not sure what bmis use
1/8 diff balls
wheel nuts
a couple extra bearings
This will be plenty to get you up and running
Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gto0209
Your lhs should be able to get irs if not alot of the ae stuff transfers over. Heres a list of what is nice to have when starting out in 12th
caster block set, ae or irs
Plastic ones come with the kit. I've never broken these or even worn any out. It is however, nice to have a shiny set of aluminum ones.

irs lower arms
Definitely a must have spare item. Also make sure to get an 8-32 tap if you don't already have one to pre-thread the arms.

rear ride height adjuster set, ae
The BMI comes with the full IRS ride height adjuster set in the rear so you don't need to get more of them. You will want something for the front though. BMI makes some really nice aluminum ones. They are kinda spendy but well worth it. Alternatively you can use the CRC plastic shims and someone else makes some really nice carbon fiber shims (can't remember who).

diff rings not sure what bmis use
BMI uses the IRS lightened diff rings.

1/8 diff balls
wheel nuts
a couple extra bearings
This will be plenty to get you up and running
The 8-32 tap is really important as it will extend the durability of the IRS lower arm. Also make sure to use the IRS screws that come with it because other screws are thicker so they stress the arm and many have a different angle on the head then what the chassis is countersunk for.