Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2006 Kids Race Day at Oran Park (PDNR Charity Challenge) >

2006 Kids Race Day at Oran Park (PDNR Charity Challenge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Kids Race Day at Oran Park (PDNR Charity Challenge)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2006 Kids Race Day at Oran Park (PDNR Charity Challenge)

Its coming up to that time of year again. The Charity Challenge will be held at Oran Park Raceway on Sunday 17th of December.
The track will be set up in the paddock area behind the pits & corporate area.
For those unfamiliar with the charity challenge, it is a race meet held at Oran Park in conjunction with the Kids Race Day Christmas Party. The day is action packed & is designed to give kids with disabilitys & kids that spend a lot of time in hospital an oportunity to spend a day at the races. There is burnouts, V8 supercars, santa, hotrods, 4wds giving runs around the offroad track, race simulators, R/C racing (of course) & most importantly happy smiling children that unfortunatly dont get the chance to have fun very often.

5 Classes on offer
1/10 Nitro open tourers
1/10 Nitro pullstart tourers
Open offroad (trucks & buggies IC or EP)
Electric Stock
1/8th & 235mm On Road

2 rounds 5 min qualifiers
10 min B finals
20 min A finals for Tourers
15 min final for off road
2 X 5 Min Finals for EP

Trophys for A Finalists & 1st 2nd 3rd in the B
Entrants Plate for all entrants.

Celebrity Race TBA, 2 years ago celebs were Lowndes/Richards (V8s) & Bates (Rally)

R/C vs 1/1 drag race. We are still deciding on what will wave the R/C flag. Likely candidates are 1/4 scale funny car, 1/8th on road or 1/8 top fueler.

3 sessions of Kids Drives. This is the highlight of the day. It is hard to imagine the thrill of letting a blind kid try & drive your car around the track as you tell him where to turn. The smiles make it worth every second. Last year we had a few cars for the kids to drive, we would like a few more this year. An old V-One-S or similar is recomended, we dont expect anyone to loan their MTX4 Surprisingly there was very little damage to the loan cars last year.

That should fill the day nicely, for more info on the Kids Race Day visit www.kidsraceday.com.au

Entry forms & further info will be available at www.pdnracing.org.au very soon. Also keep looking here for updates. Last year we raised $3900.00 for the charitys supported by the event & we want to go better this year. entrys are $30.00. Be a part of this great event, have a blast & help the Kids.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Count me in SOC come on guys this is for the best cause.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi guys, on a serious note, i would like to thank all you guys as i go to this day as a father with Camp Quality. I know that the kids love the rides in the V8, sports cars and all the other cars that attend for the kids and their relos to be a passenger, i went with Peter Hill in his Mondeo and he asked me did i want to go fast or slow, you know the answer and anybody that has been around the dog leg flat chat will know what i mean. I know that the R/C cars are always appreciated, this time is the first time that i go there after taking RC racing back up after 15 years, so i should see some faces i know, again, thanks guys as i get to hear from the other side and know the kids love it all. Last year Brocky was there so this year i suppose he will be looking over the kids as he always had something to say to just them personly when he signed anything thrust in front of him. No Corey The Great, you cant take his place but i suppose you could still sign a thing or two as i am sure somebody there will know you
Thanks BOB
Old 11-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I will be there for the third year in a row, its a good day guys. ep this year
Old 11-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the 17th is the non club day sunday at SMA. i wonder if some of the nitro guys will be keen to support this event? maybe the SMA club can organise for a few nitro guys to race? i'm pritty sure i can make it, so i'm in

i've never been to oran park though is it far away? what suburbs is it near?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Tom, Oran park is on the Northern Rd near Narellan. About 20 mins from Moorebank. Let the SMA boys know that we are catering to EP as well as Nitro. Look forward to seeing you there.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Get the boys lined up Tommy. There isnt a better cause out there.

I should be able to make the trek down myself.

Sheesh, never driven a 1/10 bump around before....

Look out Emu, here I come!!!!!!

The OX
Old 11-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Champion

i'll pull the heartstrings and see what happens
Old 11-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Im in for sure! I have admiration for the PDNR guys for having the insight and ability to look outside the square when organising RC events. Being an event that supports kids in need, makes it even better! I'll have a chat to the rest of the team over the course of next week, and im confident we will show up with a sizeable team!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Good stuff Nick, It would be excellent to see a strong contingent from SMA.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

I am looking to put together another team from canberra for this, we had a great time last year. so far I have 4 of us interested, but that should go up.
one question, as i cannot remember from last year, Is there 240v power available?
Old 11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

240v will be available to the EP entrants. Glad to hear the ACT crew will make the trip up again.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If i can manage transport i'm in for sure!! Have to check with dad, otherwise i might hitch a ride with another sma member, i really like the cause for this day, it should be fun to get out and have some fun with other clubs.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hav_lova
If i can manage transport i'm in for sure!! Have to check with dad, otherwise i might hitch a ride with another sma member, i really like the cause for this day, it should be fun to get out and have some fun with other clubs.
i recon we should get some of the stock guys geed up to go Adam. Will Amos be back from Japan by then?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

i will get the boys for windsor , bj ,mounty, fergo we will try take if out for pdnr .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.