Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abe-racing
we have had our first sakura parts delivery today ... and if the rest of the car is as good quality we are onto a winner..... good job again 3racing
Parts before kits? lol normally it is the other way around and no one has parts.

Dont worry the Sakura is the real deal, good design and great parts quality, last week i had 4 people tell me the Xray is looking good on the track, their jaws hit the ground when i said no its the 3Racing car.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Some pictures from TITC courtesy of Ethel and the 3Racing crew.

Ethel
Jackie - 3R CEO boss man
The Sakura crew at TITC - Unfortunately the shirts didnt have enough X's on it for me, it looked scary
And the body that Cannon had organised for the Sakura.
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-dsc02561.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-dsc02603.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-dsc02675.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-dsc02648.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
APR release !
Free Shipping !
Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Who car ?
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-%5Btitc_2010%5D-523-.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Who car ?

Unfortunately it was mine, the Tekin RS Pro decided to go boom.
Luckily the motor was not damaged when the speedie let go, so i was able to keep racing, as no replacement motors were allowed.

It did have a follow on effect though, that i was more cautious during the remainder of the event, and somewhat affected my result, and didnt let the car shine where it should have been.

Anyone looking for a new car, or just something a little bit out of the norm, grab yourself a Sakura.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 PM
tns
Tech Apprentice

I see the pre-order price for the sakura is pretty close to that for the TOP Photon - cheaper, but not by much. How do the 2 cars compare? I'm pretty happy with my TB03 now but I'm considering getting a carbon chassis car by the end of the year (would carbon make me a faster driver??/ ) - I guess it'll be either one of these 2 cars simply based on my budget.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Who car ?
No matter how close I look, I don't see a car!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tns
I see the pre-order price for the sakura is pretty close to that for the TOP Photon - cheaper, but not by much. How do the 2 cars compare? I'm pretty happy with my TB03 now but I'm considering getting a carbon chassis car by the end of the year (would carbon make me a faster driver??/ ) - I guess it'll be either one of these 2 cars simply based on my budget.

Cheers!
The main fundamental difference in the cars is the way the suspension arms mount to the cars. The photon uses plastic mounts that attach to the bulkheads, much like older Xrays. The 3 racing car has blocks which mount separately to the chassis, much like a HB cyclone or TRF car.

At big events, on asphalt with rubber tires, I can't remember a car other than a TRF, Cyclone, yokomo being on the money. Might be a coincidence but maybe not.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
The main fundamental difference in the cars is the way the suspension arms mount to the cars. The photon uses plastic mounts that attach to the bulkheads, much like older Xrays. The 3 racing car has blocks which mount separately to the chassis, much like a HB cyclone or TRF car.

At big events, on asphalt with rubber tires, I can't remember a car other than a TRF, Cyclone, yokomo being on the money. Might be a coincidence but maybe not.
Hmmm...something to consider then, since I run exclusively on asphalt with rubber tires. But the idea of having a pink car is just so "alternative" it's fantastic! Throw a "hello-kitty" themed body shell into the mix and see jaws drop at the track...bhah ha hah hahh... Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Some pictures from TITC courtesy of Ethel and the 3Racing crew.

Ethel
Jackie - 3R CEO boss man
The Sakura crew at TITC - Unfortunately the shirts didnt have enough X's on it for me, it looked scary
And the body that Cannon had organised for the Sakura.
The TC look sweet,but how many did made in the Amain @ TITC?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Goingfast
The TC look sweet,but how many did made in the Amain @ TITC?

None made the A Mains of either classes, I believe there were 1 or 2 in B Mod, and 1 in B of BL class.

I dont know how much track time the HK boys have had with the final production car, but i only received mine a week before i left for Thailand.

Overall i think its a pretty respectable debut for a new team and a proto car.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tns
Hmmm...something to consider then, since I run exclusively on asphalt with rubber tires. But the idea of having a pink car is just so "alternative" it's fantastic! Throw a "hello-kitty" themed body shell into the mix and see jaws drop at the track...bhah ha hah hahh... Thanks for the heads-up!
In person, the colour looks very different, its half way between pink and purple, in the right light peopel kept insisting it was HPI purple, only when you put something purple next to it does it really look different. The colour definately grows on you.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tns

Cheers!

When comparing it to the Photon, you need to factor in that the Photon was significantly de-specced from what it was advertised as before launch, the Ti turnbuckles, alloy arm mounts etc were all swapped out for heavy steel items.
AFAIK the Sakura will be shipped with the Lipo batt mounts/weights which are again an option on the Photon. Spool is also plastic (documented stripping issues, it not comes with steel outdrives which increase chatter)

When you spec a Photon up to race level it is similarly priced to other Tier 1 tourers.

With the Sakura, you get ti turnbuckles, all alloy suspension mounts (seperate from bulkheads per pablo above), alloy spool with plastic outdrives and alloy sleeves, as well as the Lipo weights.

While the price is higher than i had anticipated initially, its still a very sweet deal
Old 03-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
No matter how close I look, I don't see a car!
He miss post this photo !
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-%5Btitc_2010%5D-524-.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Besercoe
When comparing it to the Photon, you need to factor in that the Photon was significantly de-specced from what it was advertised as before launch, the Ti turnbuckles, alloy arm mounts etc were all swapped out for heavy steel items.
AFAIK the Sakura will be shipped with the Lipo batt mounts/weights which are again an option on the Photon. Spool is also plastic (documented stripping issues, it not comes with steel outdrives which increase chatter)

When you spec a Photon up to race level it is similarly priced to other Tier 1 tourers.

With the Sakura, you get ti turnbuckles, all alloy suspension mounts (seperate from bulkheads per pablo above), alloy spool with plastic outdrives and alloy sleeves, as well as the Lipo weights.

While the price is higher than i had anticipated initially, its still a very sweet deal
Not flaming on you at all bud... I hear what you saying about the different spec between proto and production but, I've taken all 3 of my Photons built them using only the parts from the kit and they run top half of A mains consistently. So the Photons are already at race level spec in kit form and don't NEED the bling parts to be made competitive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.