Wiki Posts
Search

advice please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default advice please...

I bought some stuff off someone early last week. His trader rating was good and i dont think he is trying to scam me. However, he hasnt shipped yet and he told me that he has to wait for the money to get into his bank account to ship. Last time he contacted me he said no later than friday. I am a bit frustrated because it will be a solid 2 and a half weeks before i get my stuff. Do i have grounds to be upset and if so how should i deal with this?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX8ight
I bought some stuff off someone early last week. His trader rating was good and i dont think he is trying to scam me. However, he hasnt shipped yet and he told me that he has to wait for the money to get into his bank account to ship. Last time he contacted me he said no later than friday. I am a bit frustrated because it will be a solid 2 and a half weeks before i get my stuff. Do i have grounds to be upset and if so how should i deal with this?

If he's had previous transactions in the past the money should be in his account if not he has to send the item before he gets the money
Dude 2 weeks is way too long
I would contact the seller one last time and if he doesn't send it file a complain with paypal asap
Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

Of course you have a reason to be upset. everyone i have dealt with here always ships as soon as they get my payment and i usually receive my stuff in a week. You shouldn't have to wait for the money to transfer into his bank account, unless he is completely broke. But he should have sent the stuff as soon as the money was in his Paypal account not his bank account.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)

Well is it threw paypal? I sold a charger to a guy, he paid that night but I didn't see the funds in my paypal account for 10 days. It was something from his end and his bank. Even on the paypal site it stated to wait till it clears. Did you pay by an E-check or something like that? Contact him and just have him explain what it is on his end that he is waiting for.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

a bank transfer to your bank from PayPal takes 3 to 5 days i believe. he should not have sold anything if he did not have funds to ship the item/items. but then again you can Print POSTAGE from payal to ship that item. it's so easy to do.... anyone who sells and collects money for payment from paypal can print postage and ship.

when i sell something i get paypal payment it;s a instant payment.

2 weeks, file the Paypal claim today. this will wake him up to get him to ship it.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

UPDATE:

Ok here is the time line...

Apr 6 - Paid early that morning
Apr 7 - I sent him a message asking him if he shipped
Apr 8 - I sent him a message asking him if he got my message
Apr 9 - he replied "What did you message about"
Apr 12 - He told me he was waiting for money to tranfer into his account and he would ship no later that friday (Mar 15)
Apr 13 (8AM) - I sent him a message upset about the situation (He was online Mar 13 in the afternoon and he never replied)
Apr 15 - Still nothing

Its getting to the time where its to late to ship out today. He told me since i was getting such a good deal he would ship usps as cheap as possible. If that is true i wont get my stuff until middle to late next week.

Should i file a claim first thing monday?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX8ight
UPDATE:

Ok here is the time line...

Mar 6 - Paid early that morning
Mar 7 - I sent him a message asking him if he shipped
Mar 8 - I sent him a message asking him if he got my message
Mar 9 - he replied "What did you message about"
Mar 12 - He told me he was waiting for money to tranfer into his account and he would ship no later that friday (Mar 15)
Mar 13 (8AM) - I sent him a message upset about the situation (He was online Mar 13 in the afternoon and he never replied)
Mar 15 - Still nothing

Its getting to the time where its to late to ship out today. He told me since i was getting such a good deal he would ship usps as cheap as possible. If that is true i wont get my stuff until middle to late next week.

Should i file a claim first thing monday?
IM GUESSing u meant april because if it was purchased in march i would open a claim asap
Old 04-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 4wd _all_ day
IM GUESSing u meant april because if it was purchased in march i would open a claim asap
Yes... thanks for catching that
Old 04-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

ok well since it aleady been awhile i will open a claim up now, and if u do receive it close the claim, by u opening a claim is telling the seller u mean business and he should ship it asap
Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

did he give you tracking info???

parcel post (cheap shipping) can take up to 14 to 16 days just depending on where you 2 live

if he did not give you tracking info I would file a complain with paypal
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if hes shipping it cheapest way possible then he probably isnt getting a tracking number...
did you pay via e-check? those DO take a while to clear.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kotu100
if hes shipping it cheapest way possible then he probably isnt getting a tracking number...
did you pay via e-check? those DO take a while to clear.
nope you can still get tracking info shipping parcel post

plus it's required to protect the seller and buyer
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

i would be upset too, but personally i'd wait another week or so. yeah it sucks, but you're not in his shoes to know what he could be going through outside of the forums and the hobby. if he's got a good rating, chances are he won't screw you. i'm not sure what the exact time you have to wait to file a paypal claim, but i'm pretty sure it's more than 2 weeks
Old 04-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edgar5bss
nope you can still get tracking info shipping parcel post

plus it's required to protect the seller and buyer
i know you CAN get a tracking number, but the seller already said he was shipping it the cheapest options so who know if he's gonna spring the extra $1.xx for the tracking number.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kotu100
i know you CAN get a tracking number, but the seller already said he was shipping it the cheapest options so who know if he's gonna spring the extra $1.xx for the tracking number.
considering in the rules for the for sale forum it says it's required, i'd hope that he wouldn't even think about NOT getting tracking!