Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
. I am not sure it will last very long for ya. This is a race machine and not really built for bashing.. keep us posted.
Hahaha. I love the reactions from you guys. Yeah, we'll see how she holds up. I won't be doing anything extreme, mostly just playing around in some school yards and stuff. I've raced for the last 6 years so I wanted something to just have fun with and oddly I thought that a 210 with a gear diff and some bigger tires would give me something small, cheap, and fun to run. Plus it's not some awful Traxxas!

70% through the build now. I put the car in mid motor and the rearmost transmission mount/sway bar mount setup seems very odd. Anyone else agree? Why would the screw go through the arm mount and then have fixed lock nuts to thread into as well- awkward. Also the round plastic spacers didn't fit into my arm mounts, anyone else find this? The f/r hubs had a ton of bind in them too before I sanded them down.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Hahaha. I love the reactions from you guys. Yeah, we'll see how she holds up. I won't be doing anything extreme, mostly just playing around in some school yards and stuff. I've raced for the last 6 years so I wanted something to just have fun with and oddly I thought that a 210 with a gear diff and some bigger tires would give me something small, cheap, and fun to run. Plus it's not some awful Traxxas!

70% through the build now. I put the car in mid motor and the rearmost transmission mount/sway bar mount setup seems very odd. Anyone else agree? Why would the screw go through the arm mount and then have fixed lock nuts to thread into as well- awkward. Also the round plastic spacers didn't fit into my arm mounts, anyone else find this? The f/r hubs had a ton of bind in them too before I sanded them down.
Well the lock nuts will stay in place via the swaybar holder ya it does seem odd at first but is very efficient. This thing in mid-motor would probably be nice for a 2wd crawler which seems to be what your tryin for. but cheap ur far from in a sence because u'll have to order in all your parts. But list some pics we would all like to see your creation
Old 02-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tunatsol
I did the same trying to unscrew it bound up and broke. Got new one from Durango. Make shur that the ball cups line up right and u should have no more probs. Think that the one i broke was thin on one side. Hope this helps.

how did you end up getting new ones from durango? who did you contact?
I just bought new ones, but the are expensive.
I live in holland and no durango shop here.
I had to pay 9 dollars + 6 dollars shipping = 15 dollars for 1 bag of 4.

I made sure that the ball cups line up perfectly.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Anyone have a pic of the 410 or 210 with the silver de racing rims?

+1 the RW spurs made a heap of difference in sound, Im going to try one on the 410 as well
I have the silver rims on my 210 Sorry she's a little dirty
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-002.jpg  
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How often do you guys break the mount for the rear inner camber link ball stud on the transmission case that there is a need for a stronger mount? Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by jinsoncollins
How often do you guys break the mount for the rear inner camber link ball stud on the transmission case that there is a need for a stronger mount? Thanks
Never have.........and I've been running the car since right after it came out. Popped an inner ball cup a few times during a hard crash/landing, but thats it.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Bugle Boy Bodies!!

I must say , they have perfect fitment, holes are in the exact location and the style looks great on the car! I am taking studio pix tomorrow these are off of my phone. I decided to go with velcro since it fits so snug. I only have 11 left and they will be on the site this weekend. I will bring more in if need be, they are very easy to deal with and helped me out with the EXPENSIVE shipping. i havent put a calculator to it for pricing but basically it ends up being about 6.00 more for the set over retail.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
I have the silver rims on my 210 Sorry she's a little dirty
Small bores on the 210. I like it.

How does the car drive with them?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I do like that under carriage. Will you sell those separately?
And what front bumper is that?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nolimit208
I do like that under carriage. Will you sell those separately?
And what front bumper is that?

Probably not this round since i only ordered complete sets which includes that bumper. Unless someone wants a body with no under tray! On the next order i will order more undertrays, I just wanted to test the water to see how sales go.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If nolimit wants to split it, ThunderbirdJunkie will take the top body. He's not concerned with the bottom.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
If nolimit wants to split it, ThunderbirdJunkie will take the top body. He's not concerned with the bottom.
sounds good to me email me at [email protected] to work out the details, I wont know pricing until this weekend.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I must say , they have perfect fitment, holes are in the exact location and the style looks great on the car! I am taking studio pix tomorrow these are off of my phone. I decided to go with velcro since it fits so snug. I only have 11 left and they will be on the site this weekend. I will bring more in if need be, they are very easy to deal with and helped me out with the EXPENSIVE shipping. i havent put a calculator to it for pricing but basically it ends up being about 6.00 more for the set over retail.

Nice! You even had the body painted for me
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Small bores on the 210. I like it.

How does the car drive with them?
I just put them on today...I was having problems with the little screw at the top of the big bores coming undone. I used threadlock on them but still had problems so I bought a set from the 410 and put those on. won't know how they drive until I get my esc back from Tekin
Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Use motor spray to clean all the shock parts out. Let dry. Thread lock bolt and let sit overnight. Build the shocks the next day. Should be ok and don't use TD red threadlock - no good.

I have a setup question that I hope you guys can help me with.

I am running MM4 on our 40x100 asphalt/carpet offroad track.
Front: full trailing, 30 castor, spring stock, 1.5 camber
Rear: 3.5 toe, spring 1 harder than stock (light red), 1.5 anti squat, 1.5 camber

Car is good for me, nice to drive, and stable, quick enough.

The car pushes on-power. We have a lot of Durangos at or track - one guy said to run 3 trailing to help with the on-power push.

From what I have read, this seems counter-intuitive to me... I put 24g in the nose and it helped but not enough.

Should I go to 3 trailing??? I do not need any more turn in - car has enough now.

Any ideas? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.