Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G4 or HPI R40???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by OB42TC3
The serpent is lighter but it's also got a lot of lightweight parts to get it there(can you say bent AL pivot ball?)
I have used the same aluminum pivot balls in the 705 before the 710 came out. I have not bent or had any problems with it !
Old 12-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

So far i'm thinking r40, i ordered the one way already from overseas (only place i could find it) because at the end of the month i'll probably buy the car. I figured 4 weeks on shipping and it was only 31 bucks and 5 shipping, so i'm sure i'll have no problem unloading it on ebay if i choose a different car.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a NTC3, and it's not as fragile as they say it is. My cousin has the NTC3, and his car is really strong, he's had it for a couple months and broke nothing. Yes I said it. NOTHING. I mean I've only had mine a couple days and it's not bad at all. So go for the NTC3. The R40 I've heard, isn't that great of a touring car. And also considering the fact it's run by belts. You'll be replacing belts like they're going out of style. Considering the fact the bottom of it is pretty much open near the belts, rocks or anything can just slip in there and shred the belts. My friend just got his R40 I'd say 2 weeks ago, and he's still having problems with it. Belts, steering rack, diff's, etc. But keep in mind, it's still new so not many people have had experience with it yet. I'd go for something that's been out for a while, like the NTC3. Because people have it and have experience with it. So I'd go for the NTC3, but thats just my opinion. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents in on this issue.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

i believe that the ntc3 is not that fragile. No one seems break theirs at our track, but most by me use the g4 or other cars, seems just the younger kids use the tc3.

Our race season won't begin for about another 4 months, so hopefully whatever car i get i'll have 3 months or so to work the kinks out.

I personally like belt driven cars, I also like the gas tank in the center of the car, so regardless of how much fuel you have, the car is balanced the same. That's one reason i don't like the tc3.
I don't bash the tc3 since most race results i read, all have at least one tc3 in the top 5, i respect that.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

the g4 is a great car, and you seem to be looking for the same things i was when i decided on it: centrally located fuel tank...
you can find it really cheap overseas at
www.the-border.nl
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk
hope that helped!
bballer
Old 12-31-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks baller,
I've actually found the team magic kit e-class for as low as 255 amercan dollars and 30 bucks shipping at http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....roducts_id=725

Makes me realize that trinity just add's 200 to the price they get it for.

The team magic version i believe also comes with tires and a body, as well as the 2-speed and the one way.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, trinity really jacks up the prices.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Out of all the cars available right now these are the two that have attracted the most attention for me as well. I've read all the posts in the G4 thread and I'm pretty far along in the R40 thread now.

Each car has a few items people dont like, different for each vehicle. They both to be solid but like you posted I just for the G4 e-type for $255, dont think you can beat that with a stick. And it comes with tires and the body to boot. Parts availability isnt a huge issue since we dont really have it for any cars where I'm at right now (Okinawa).
Old 01-07-2004, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by 2000xp8
Thanks baller,
I've actually found the team magic kit e-class for as low as 255 amercan dollars and 30 bucks shipping at http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....roducts_id=725

Makes me realize that trinity just add's 200 to the price they get it for.

The team magic version i believe also comes with tires and a body, as well as the 2-speed and the one way.
Do notice, the one that comes with body will cost you volume weight on shipping.. try to bargain for the one without body with much smaller packing instead ( I do not have the part number handy by now). Who knows the shipping will be USD10

This is a very cheap car and yes it is V1RR copies... worth a try as it will runs great box stock, just play with tires shore for your particalr track