Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by handyman77
ANYBODY??
Buy new ones?

Sorry, I'm sure if anyone has a suggestion, they'll pipe up.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ANYBODY??
shim the 14T forward
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, Looking for help, Upon hard acceleration, my car wants to turn left. At first I thought it was due to one new tire on the left front, but I also put the other new one on the right front, and it was the same. I literally have to turn right a bit to accelerate hard down the straight. I'm leaning towards rebuilding the front diff, and cleaning/lubing the bearings.

Does this sound like a good direction? Anyone have anything else I should be looking at?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Hey guys, Looking for help, Upon hard acceleration, my car wants to turn left. At first I thought it was due to one new tire on the left front, but I also put the other new one on the right front, and it was the same. I literally have to turn right a bit to accelerate hard down the straight. I'm leaning towards rebuilding the front diff, and cleaning/lubing the bearings.

Does this sound like a good direction? Anyone have anything else I should be looking at?
It's probably due to the rear suspension block machined incorrectly causing incorrect rear toe on each wheel. You can offset the block to get even toe. I would start there first.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

anyone notice the loud gear noise from the aluminum ring gears?

My steel ring gears didn't give off much noise....the aluminum ones do.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723
It's probably due to the rear suspension block machined incorrectly causing incorrect rear toe on each wheel. You can offset the block to get even toe. I would start there first.
Didn't think of that, guess I'll have to find the block's.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

ANYBODY??
1st of all did you notice any wear on the larger ring gear before you just changed the smaller gear. You prob wore your 2nd gear out because the big ring gear was worn too . Shim the entire diff to the left so it mates better with the small gear . Meanning put a cpl shims on the right side of the diff. Then maybe shim the small gear out toward the big gear. Also open your diff cases up n lube the gears often . Even if your not changing fluids.
Thats the best i can think of to tell yea. I got two race days and a half a practice day out of my gears so far in my 13/14 model
Hope this helps yea
Old 03-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
The new 3mm alu. chassis and 2mm top deck that we have been using for some time on medium to high grip surfaces have now been released by Xray:Bent
Still waiting to hear if this will be the hot set up for clay this summer....I have a chassis and front brace in my cart ready to ship once I know what I'm running.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
1st of all did you notice any wear on the larger ring gear before you just changed the smaller gear. You prob wore your 2nd gear out because the big ring gear was worn too . Shim the entire diff to the left so it mates better with the small gear . Meanning put a cpl shims on the right side of the diff. Then maybe shim the small gear out toward the big gear. Also open your diff cases up n lube the gears often . Even if your not changing fluids.
Thats the best i can think of to tell yea. I got two race days and a half a practice day out of my gears so far in my 13/14 model
Hope this helps yea
Thanks man, I appreciate the response. I will try that.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With exotech rear hubs or the aftermarket billet xray hubs with the ball holes on top,what hole are most using? how high can you mount the balls using the outside holes and not effect roll center so the plastic ball links dont touch the tops of hubs and bind suspension on the down travel?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I am not happy to order in xray-shop @ austria. I order last feb. 14. and after a week never got tracking # so i e-mailed them and they just found out the parcel outside the EU WTF. If i did not e-mailed them maybe still inside the warehouse. Never ever buy anymore this store.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
With exotech rear hubs or the aftermarket billet xray hubs with the ball holes on top,what hole are most using? how high can you mount the balls using the outside holes and not effect roll center so the plastic ball links dont touch the tops of hubs and bind suspension on the down travel?
Running the Exoteks and I've kept mine in the middle hole. Seems to work well for me there.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I ran the exotek hubs middle hole with 1mm spacer and plenty of clearance.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wondering how this car does on med bite clay track? im running a d413 but selling for a xb4
Old 03-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
I am not happy to order in xray-shop @ austria. I order last feb. 14. and after a week never got tracking # so i e-mailed them and they just found out the parcel outside the EU WTF. If i did not e-mailed them maybe still inside the warehouse. Never ever buy anymore this store.
I have had great results with XRAY-shop Austria. They state on their site it can take up to 5 business days to prepare an order to ship. Thus one does not recieve tracking info until one's order is filled/packed and labeled.
Their shipping rates are reasonably inexpensive. Not to mention their great inventory and the ability to replenish out of stock items within a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.