Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Rkeasler, the drive ratio will still be the same, since the rear will be doing the pushing and the front will generally slip(overdrive). I would think you would feel more of a gearing change if you overdrove the rear...............imo, Jim
Old 06-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RKeasler
To anyone if I run the 41 tooth pulley in front what does the internal gear ratio become?
Simply put you are running two internal ratio's in that case..The front(41) would equate to a 1.78 IR and the rear(42) is the same 1.83.

Brant
Old 06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

What effect on the car's handling will it have if you "overdrive" the front? Just trying to build a simple knoledge base on this thing so I'll be happy when I finally have it
Old 06-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackKat
What effect on the car's handling will it have if you "overdrive" the front? Just trying to build a simple knoledge base on this thing so I'll be happy when I finally have it
More steering. Needed for the spool.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Rkeasler, the drive ratio will still be the same, since the rear will be doing the pushing and the front will generally slip(overdrive). I would think you would feel more of a gearing change if you overdrove the rear...............imo, Jim
Jim,

Just thinking...I now run a 41/42 spool in the front; so, I don't expect it to slip. Maybe it "slips" when steering???
Old 06-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
If you take 2 circles one smaller than the other and mark a point to the side of each-then roll each circle untill the line has made a full rotation you will see the smaller circle completes its rotation in a shorter distance. I.E. if you run the 41 tooth up front it will be pulling the rest of the car because it will make a complete rotation sooner than the rear. LMAO That makes sense down here in Arkansas--Hope it does out there too! HEHEHE

Brant
Circular Manager
B-Main Motorsports
Old 06-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Circular Manager

Originally Posted by POOKYT
If you take 2 circles one smaller than the other and mark a point to the side of each-then roll each circle untill the line has made a full rotation you will see the smaller circle completes its rotation in a shorter distance. I.E. if you run the 41 tooth up front it will be pulling the rest of the car because it will make a complete rotation sooner than the rear. LMAO That makes sense down here in Arkansas--Hope it does out there too! HEHEHE

Brant
Circular Manager
B-Main Motorsports
Circular Manager? So, you manage round things???
Old 06-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Simply put you are running two internal ratio's in that case..The front(41) would equate to a 1.78 IR and the rear(42) is the same 1.83.

Brant
So it is like an average then, if so the internal is now 1.805 instead of 1.83. Which is the difference in running say a 6.5 final and a 6.4 final. Is that what you get? 128/36=3.555 *1.83=6.50 128/36=3.555 *1.805= 6.41 fairly significant... to me anyway. Thanks for the help POOKYT.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RKeasler
So it is like an average then, if so the internal is now 1.805 instead of 1.83. Which is the difference in running say a 6.5 final and a 6.4 final. Is that what you get? 128/36=3.555 *1.83=6.50 128/36=3.555 *1.805= 6.41 fairly significant... to me anyway. Thanks for the help POOKYT.
RKeasler,

You are right. The ratio is changed slightly. You will need to recalculate your gear ratio's. I believe it is a one tooth difference.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Circular Manager? So, you manage round things???
I do!.....Well.........Round here anyway! LMAO

Brant
Square Peg-Round Hole Maintenance
B-Main Motorsports
Old 06-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default RBLove and Ray

You guys have any good setups for carpet. Our new carpet track will be open in about 3 weeks. I should say new and much improved carpet track.

Later,
Old 06-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Crash, please let me know when the track is done!!! I wanna bring my new hot rod up there to play.

This car rocks on the carpet with foams OR rubber tires!!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRASH
You guys have any good setups for carpet. Our new carpet track will be open in about 3 weeks. I should say new and much improved carpet track.

Later,
CRASH: yeah, from what Shane discribed, it should be very much improved! I'm not even a carpet guy and I can't wait for them to get it done. Should be Nationals calibur once its finished.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Later,
Crash,

I do not have a lot of time right now, but I will get some carpet set ups posted later today.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Later,
I found the lemeiux setup on the losi site to be a great starting point on the rug. I ran it in stock and felt it could use more corner speed, so I ran the rear arms back... with a thin rear bar, and -.5 degrees at the hub. Non offset.

I drove the car yesterday on aspalt for the first time, and well, it was my first time on rubber tires in about 4 years. I know that setups are all subject to envirornment and track, but the Numan (helllllo newman) setup was just not "doin it". To get it to work I moved the front shock to the middle hole on the tower, to get it to stay a bit flatter... bumped the rear spring up to 12.5 (to get the rear to stop dumping over in the apex, and tourquing out on exits), ran the kit oneway (which was a huge improvement- this comming from a guy who has never really run a oneway).

All in all, I went from wholey cow this car is a pile to turning .5 second faster lap than anyone on rubber. And until the main, .3 faster than the #2 qualifier (he was running foam).... Unfortunately, it was an open tire race and everyone except me basically swapped to foam at one point or another to get ahead of my rubber tire pace.. my car was THAT DIALED...

I ended up winning but people whined because the race director allowed a couple of us to put some heat in it (it was a 19T class) for the main to offset the 1-2 second per lap advantage the foam was giving... Some people were "concerned".. but the truth is I could have thrown some foams on and went faster than I did with my tired 8X1...

Cannot wait to run some asphalt again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.