Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Decisions, decisions, decisions ... >

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Old 07-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Guys, im about to enter to the electric touring world on the 19T class (the only one raced on my area). More or less i've been decided about the electronics to be used on my car but not decided yet about which chassis to get (will be raced on rubber tires).

More or less my alternatives are :

- Associated TC5
- XRAY T2 '007 Rubber Spec.
- Serpent S400 (available soon as far as i know)

So ... which one you think its my best choice ?

thanks a lot ...

Last edited by Tabushi; 07-26-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Please fix the title... it's DECISIONS, I don't know what a desTition is...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Please fix the title... it's DECISIONS, I don't know what a desTition is...

Thanks man im natural on spanish and portuguese, but not 100% on english ...

cya !
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hehehe...

Like I say on the Nitro side of the house: Each car is competitive, it's really up to you. What cars are the other guys at your track using?? Are you going to be on carpet or asphalt?

Serpent car is new, so you'll have to deal with new car issues. You won't have as much setup support initially as you will with the other cars and you also need to think about parts availability. If you're willing to put up with some pain, why not?

TC5 is also new, but it's been around for a while now. Start reading through the TC5 thread for any issues you need to be aware of. Not sure about setup support.

T2 '007 EU. I'm biased. I just picked one up myself. Reason: It's an XRAY. But seriously, I'm impressed with the performance of the Team XRAY racers with the NT1 and T2. Yes, they are very good racers - but as I aways say, you can't win if you don't have good equipment. Also, very good setup support from Team XRAY and other racers at their forum and here at RCTech.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Thanks man im natural on spanish and portuguese, but not 100% on english ...

cya !
I apologize... Our youth tend to butcher the english language...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

I run the Cyclone WCE and it is more expensive that most kits but that is because it comes with everything, one way, spool, full swaybars, center one way pulley etc. These are things that you have to purchase extra for other kits.

The xray is a very well equipped car and they have carpet and rubber models. Most kits out there are built for asphalt but these are kits that everyone has converted to carpet (stiffer set up etc). If i had to start over again and I had to purchase a kit and if the cost of the kit is a decision factor, then you can't go wrong with the TC5. You have tons of support and set ups for them already. Xray has tons of information on their kits and great support. AND they probably have the best set up guide in the industry. I use the xray guide for my car.

So it really depends on what you want to have. The serpent, too new for me to make any decisions on. One of the factors that led me to the Cyclone was the fact that they have a servo saver, lords knows that I need it sometimes but some kits don't come with one. This is one of the things that you have to consider when purchasing.

Money wise TC5
Everything included cyclone WCE (world class edition)
great car and support Xray

these are the cars that I see the most.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks a lot guys ... right now i have about 1 year and 9 months of offroad background (MT and Buggy class) but prior to that i used to race for 5 years 1/10 .12 nitro class (mugen, yokomo and team magic cars).

Right now for work i have to stay in Colombia (Bogota) for the next 2 years and the offroad scene is just starting to grow but in fact the onroad nitro and electric its very good and with a lot of racing activity.

Well, i just started to race stock 1/18 XRAY M18 class here and want to try onroad 1/10 again but dont want the mess of nitro so decided to go for the electric class, here in Colombia on electrics they race ONLY 19T class and brushless its permitted (10.5 if im not wrong). 7 of every 10 cars are XRAY (some T1's but mostly T2's) and they run on asphalt/rubbers.

I dont want to throw a big budget on this thing, so i was thinking about :

- Spektrum pro receiver (as i use it on my other cars).
- Peak Performance 10.5 brushless motor.
- LRP ESC

Till now my findings are :

Motors :

1.- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRPL3&P=SM

2.- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRPK7&P=SM

ESC's :

1.- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRXX7&P=0

And on Batteries, i think this ones :

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12365

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSDP0&P=0

or

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLYY7&P=0

any opinions ?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Zzzzzzzzz hello ?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

if you say that 7 out of 10 drivere there are runnin Xray, then the T2'007 is your answer. track support and parts availability are 2 important factors for club racing.

for your electronics, you made soe good choices with the LRP Brushless ESC and the 10.5 motors. you could also look at the Novak GTB and Novak 10.5 setup. the battey packs that i would go with are the Team Orion HV's.

hope this helps
Old 08-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

another idea would be to spend a little more and get the lrp sphere with the vantage 10.5 and get batteries from a matcher (the cells are cheaper than those that you listed). and if u want to keep cost down, go with the tc5 with a discount from towerhobbies, that should make up for the price in ESC.

how many packs are you looking to buy? is LiPo allowed at the track, that may also keep cost down (providing you have a lipo charger already)
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi

Right now for work i have to stay in Colombia (Bogota)

Viva Colombia!!!...........GOOOOAAAAALLLLLLL!!. ..........

........... Welcome to the world of TC Racing. All the local Drvers will help you decide on a good set-up. From stuff you will need in the pits to car set-ups. Seems the X-Ray car is the way to go and with a right set-up, you'll get a great season of racing. Find out what tires are good there................ Remember to ask lots of questions............ There's a lot of great product out there and you will learn about all of it hear on RCTech but the locals will help you get your feet wet first.

.......... So once again, welcome and happy racing!!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Schumacher MI3 is the most adjustable car out and the Tech support is 2nd to none!!!!!!! You wont need any hop-ups to be competitive just get a extra diff if you are going to run carpet.