Search
Like Tree1Likes

HPI Super Electric RS4's W/Brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Gear Ratio's

I think once we find gears that will get us through the 5 minute race time, we should all get close to the same ratio's to keep us more on an even playing field during racing.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post gear ratios

i have been playing with mine and i think i like the 90 spur.its not to low and not to high either.plus with the fan i mounted in front of the bulkhead it helps out alot.this way if my car is staying cool i can gear up and be faster and not worry about thermaling
Old 07-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Overcast a spell on our race!!

We should be ok this weekend. I hope the weather holds out for us, I don't care if it is overcast, just let us race!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Post 2004 Weekend Tournament - The HPI Coca-Cola 600

HPI Racing & Coca-Cola Comapny are the headlining Sponsors of our 3rd Annual Weekend Tournament. Coca-Cola Company will be providing the refreshments for the 2 Barbeques during the event and they will have some other prizes as well. ESLROC, High Point Flooring & Broadway Hobbies will be sponsoring the barbeque. HPI will be sponsoring prizes for the top 3 in each Division plus 3 Concourse bodies for the each of the 3 Winners. There will be 3 additional prizes for 3 Honorable mentions in the 2004 Concourse Challenge for a total of 6 Concourse prizes instead of the normal 3. Everett Scale Raceway will have prizes for the concourse as well. Team Br00d will be covering lots of prizes and raffles for the weekend also.

I would like to introduce the ESLROC Girls who will be in attendance this Sunday for the race. ENJOY!!

LarissaDanielleRoxanna

The categories to be judged for Sunday's Concourse Challenge are;
Best Creadtive Design
Best Realistic Paint Scheme
Best Detailed

Team Associated will be sponsoring part of the Weekend Tournament event for the 3rd consecutive year and there will be prize packs for the winners of the No-Bull 5 Races.

ESLROC would like to extend a special thanks to Jon Sameulson of the Coca-Cola Company, Kent Clausen of HPI Racing, Garry Owen of Team Associated, Lou DeBenny of Broadway Hobbies & Everett Scale Raceway, Eddie Goodrich of Team Br00d Racing & Bill Baker of High Point Flooring. We appreciate your help in sponsoring this event!

Remember, Autographed 5x7 Pictures with all three of the girls will be $6.00
Old 07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Super "E" with BMW

Hey So-Cal guys down in RCBuddha world....Get your Super "E"'s boys, they are allot of fun! If any of you need help we have emails from Novak and will help prevent some "Bang your head here" stress. The frustrations we had are going away rapidly as we figure out the gear ratios and what bodies are best to help "air out" the heat. The best body is the HPI BMW L12 LMR and you need to cut out all the vents to boost the airflow.

Anyway just a little encouragement for you guys in So-Cal, I am going to buy buddhas Super Electric for a backup car if no one else gets one down there. We may have to host the first ever "SUPER E race" we would come down there and have a race and then have you guys up here for one too!! Take care guys have fun with the Super "E"'s if you get them!!
Old 07-09-2004, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Last edited by RCBuddha; 07-09-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Ah ha I found you guys. Well I am seriously thinking of getting a Super but without the brushless system. I have all the spare parts servo, receiver, motors I even have my diffs and pulleys from my super nitro. The only thing that sucks is I sold my shocks and springs to Silver Cup what a dumba.. I am sometimes. Anyhow what do you guys think if I ran brushless?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Come on in, The waters fine!!

Come on in and join the Fun.....I would love to race with ya Allen. Did you have fune runnin' the No-Bull 5 with my car??
Old 07-12-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Come on in, The waters fine!!

Originally posted by Silver Cup
Come on in and join the Fun.....I would love to race with ya Allen. Did you have fune runnin' the No-Bull 5 with my car??
Heck yeah I would probably run the same setup as you minus the steering. I am going to talk to the wife today and tell her that is what I want for my B-day. If it is okay with you I might come up to your house and really check out the car before I get one.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Super "E" with BMW

No Problem at all....Come on up. Awesome....I am glad this class is taking off. Shane, Brad & Mike will be happy to know you are interested as well. I seriously recommend the BMW body for airflow on the Brushless System. Oh, by the way.....your not getting your shocks back.. buddy!!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since you guys seem to have alot of room in the chassis, cant you mount a receiver pack to power small fans for both the speedo and the motor? I run a small 5v - 40mm fan on just the motor in my TC3 and it netted a motor over 20 degrees cooler. I wire it directly to my main pack, but since you guys are already watching runtime, maybe you could install a small receiver pack, nominal in weight, but it would be a definite advantage if you could add one or two more teeth on the pinion (dont know the pitch) without thermalling. With a fan on the speedo and the motor, it should lessen the chances of thermalling two fold, and allow the class to go faster. Seems you would then be gearing for tire size and runtime. Maybe try forced induction of air over the speedo too. Cutting holes in the body would work, but seems like it would harm aerodynamics more, with a body that size. Maybe an added duct with some kind of hosing to route the air. Sounds hokey, but it would definitely work if designed right. The bigger the scale, the more room to have fun! That F150 body looks hot on that one chassis. Wish yas the best of luck guys.

- DaveW
Old 07-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Super "E"s

Yes, your right, all the things we are currently doing. The BMW body has all the airducts functioning with "duct work" routing the air to the needed areas. We had very little thermal problems this past weekend and the class ran really well with some great racing. Thanks for your help in suggesting the things that may make differences for the class, we appreciate any help we get.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Super "E" with BMW

Originally posted by Silver Cup
No Problem at all....Come on up. Awesome....I am glad this class is taking off. Shane, Brad & Mike will be happy to know you are interested as well. I seriously recommend the BMW body for airflow on the Brushless System. Oh, by the way.....your not getting your shocks back.. buddy!!
Yeah the shocks are yours I will get another pair if I decide to get the car. Do I have to run the brushless system? I have so many 19 turn motors I prefer to go that route plus I have an extra Brood motor and those suckers humm. The motor I ran this weekend sounded angry it was so fast.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Man I have so many obligations on purchasing other cars...... I should just leave them alone and buy a Super E. How much would a Super E and the Novak Brushless system cost together?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

So tell me what is your chassis setup Ben

What springs are you running?
Shock oil weight?
Camber front and rear
Toe front and rear
Tires and inserts soft or hard

Anything that I need to get outside of the kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.